Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Wow y'all brave with that comedy. I find none of them funny.

I am happy y'all are doing this blog. I an now amped for Icon, she will still have that new smell next year.....right?🤣😂

The comedy had 3 acts tonight. It was actually the best one that I have seen since pandemic restart. 

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I fail to see the problem. 🤷‍♂️🤣

When I was writing that post, I thought of you and knew that you would not see a problem. My waistline is starting to see a problem though. The crepe a day doesn’t help either 😂

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The comedy had 3 acts tonight. It was actually the best one that I have seen since pandemic restart.

Good to hear. I believe I noticed Paul Ogata listed. He was on Wonder (for a while I think) & we liked him. We seem to get one comic we like & one who insists on telling generic cruise jokes about cabins & eating a lot.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Good to hear. I believe I noticed Paul Ogata listed. He was on Wonder (for a while I think) & we liked him. We seem to get one comic we like & one who insists on telling generic cruise jokes about cabins & eating a lot.

It was Simeon Kirkiles, Paul Ogata, and Al Romas last night. They all had really good energy. Good laughs. 

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I could see online that the cruise fare went down by $100 and there was an addition $100 OBC. Girl math says that is a $200 savings. When I got to NC, they priced it at $100 off cruise fare and $200 OBC, no brainer, re-price! So now I have $500 total ($200 from X; $300 from NC) OBC to spend on a 3 night sailing 😂

Wait...what ???

NC actually helped you with the pricing on an already--booked cruise ?  I have never EVER known them to do that. WOW !

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wait...what ???

NC actually helped you with the pricing on an already--booked cruise ?  I have never EVER known them to do that. WOW !

Yes they did! 🙂

58 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

We had Simeon as a CD on Symphony in 2019 and I remember him saying he is usually the comedian but was filling in a CD.  He was really funny though so not surprised you saying he was good.

We have run into him on a few sailings over the years. It’s always fun with him. 

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I’m so glad to hear Paul is onboard, he is excellent! Looking forward to seeing him again in March. 

The aft elevators are still busier than the forward elevators. If you're in a suite and have no kids a lot of your time is concentrated in the front of the ship and those elevators are rarely busy.

They also can't seem to get the times synced on the elevator panels. They've got AM and PM mixed up on some and then they also forget to adjust the time when they've gone forward and backwards an hour on this sailing.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 what's in the cup. I zoomed in and it looked like a waffle full of seafood salad

@Matt got chocolate bliss (or maybe it was chocolate thrill?) which was basically chocolate soft serve ice cream, chocolate sprinkles, and chocolate syrup, all in a soft bubble waffle. I got the strawberry version. It was 2 strawberry pocky sticks, vanilla soft serve ice cream, strawberry drizzle, and pieces of strawberry. 

After Izumi in the Park, we did our due diligence and checked in on the freeloaders back at home. Then we headed back to the Aquadome Marketplace for our daily lunch visit. 
IMG_0037.thumb.jpeg.2160477fdafb07ce74aa10d30d870036.jpeg

IMG_0038.thumb.jpeg.6137db0414d97bf7b9eeb00e015707f4.jpeg

IMG_0039.thumb.jpeg.77a4804171cafbeb6dfd796a6b497e6e.jpeg

IMG_0040.thumb.jpeg.7f45b057ab7376fb2ebe8576f77f8945.jpeg

I am determined to have a crepe a day, but I admit, it’s so good, but my waistline is paying dearly. I feel worse than SC food coma right now 😂

31 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The second ice show is called “Once Upon a Time: The King’s Royal Ball”. It is a total “tot town” show. We left after 10 mins 😂

That theatre? Looks a bit small....

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After Izumi in the Park, we did our due diligence and checked in on the freeloaders back at home. Then we headed back to the Aquadome Marketplace for our daily lunch visit. 
IMG_0037.thumb.jpeg.2160477fdafb07ce74aa10d30d870036.jpeg

IMG_0038.thumb.jpeg.6137db0414d97bf7b9eeb00e015707f4.jpeg

IMG_0039.thumb.jpeg.77a4804171cafbeb6dfd796a6b497e6e.jpeg

IMG_0040.thumb.jpeg.7f45b057ab7376fb2ebe8576f77f8945.jpeg

I am determined to have a crepe a day, but I admit, it’s so good, but my waistline is paying dearly. I feel worse than SC food coma right now 😂

I'm sure they're absolutely spewing right now that they couldn't sail with you guys on Icon! Those crepes look so good!!

5 hours ago, Jamesszy94 said:

That theatre? Looks a bit small....

I'm sure they're absolutely spewing right now that they couldn't sail with you guys on Icon! Those crepes look so good!!

I don’t know…Hubby and I have been debating all week if it seems smaller because it’s indoors, or if it really is smaller. I would be really interested to know the actual capacity of this theatre compared to the Aqua theatre on oasis class. And the freeloaders know they are coming on board eventually so they can suck it up lol

3 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

Wait, you can't leave, you're the mayor of tot town! 🤣

I never ran for that position! Can I resign? 😂

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Wait there are 2 ice shows????

Also you got the bubble waffles from Izumi in the park???

Yes, and yes. There are supposed to be two aqua theatre shows too but so far we are only getting the partial showing of aqua nation. 

1 hour ago, GatorCruiser said:

I can’t imagine there’s that many children on that ship given that’s it’s an inaugural and this time of year

It’s around what @SpeedNoodles said. I heard about 500 ish. 

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's been windy and rocky all day today..White caps in the water sailing. They canceled the first aquadome show this evening. The motion never bothers me but it makes me sleepy if I sit still in one place for too long 😴

Today I definitely felt the motion, especially being at the very front of the ship. In fact, I can feel the motion in the entire Aquadome, SL/CK areas. So if you are a suite snob, and spend the majority of your time in the suites area, pack your meds for motion accordingly. 

Tonight we tried to catch another showing of AquaNation. No luck. Both shows were cancelled due to motion.

CD Mike explained that the pool here is smaller than the Aqua theatre pool on Oasis class. So any water loss due to motion is unsafe for the divers. On top of that, the aerialists swing on a pendulum so any significant motion is unsafe for them as well.

About 10mins before showtime, they opened the pool and placed a sandbag out to simulate the swinging, and there was considerable water loss with the motion, and the sandbag was swinging side to side across the entire width of the pool. So no go.

I guess they did not consider that a lot of motion is felt at the front of the ship, on the top decks? Hubby and I had to laugh a bit because on Oasis class, the Aqua shows frequently cancel due to wind. This new Aquadome takes away that worry. But they just replaced the wind problem with the motion problem. Good old Royal lol

Life/cruise lesson here: continue to see the Aqua theatre show as early in the sailing as possible. Because there is always going to be some motion, and apparently that is a problem for that theatre 🤷🏻‍♀️