Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Would have responded sooner but had to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

I have been thinking about you the whole time we have been in here. And we are still here! Going on more than an hour now. But this is all because of Hubby. 

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

My brother would love that spread😍😋

With his giant smile! 

1 minute ago, LandstromCruise said:

@Matt did not do a very good job of hiding 😂

He is hiding in CK 😂

Suite welcome letter mentions the 5pm-8pm Suite Lounge Happy Hour but not the 11am-11pm soda/beer/wine.  The bartender didn't know and had to call someone to verify. 

The lounge is laid out very weirdly. It's right in the front entrance to Coastal Kitchen but then wraps around to the left side and to the back corner of the area.  There are some prime real estate seats that have floor to ceiling views of the aquadome.

20240127_125024.thumb.jpg.860c4f04db26ec65f701ea0d5ff43210.jpg

13 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Well Sabrina officially made to the WJ for lunch.  She must venture over to see the spread for dinner this week 

No way! CK all the way for dinner 

14 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Headed to book S2S yet?  

We are actually at NC right now 😂

7 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The suite sun deck actually impressed me..tons of room and a second level where you can look down at the poors 😂

There's some shade depending on where the sun is, too.

20240127_134235.thumb.jpg.842acc0c500837f092ff8f2ad4331b07.jpg20240127_134107.thumb.jpg.5ad0cb154adb4f5cf45d78295e558bf5.jpg

Ooooo, it looks like you have some gloomy weather headed your way. Fingers crossed it stays nice for your fireworks when leaving port!

38 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Is it possible the outdoor decks on Icon are so fantastic that the crowd has actually moved from the normal deck 5 congestion to the outside? 

Quite possibly..it's also there's a ton of places to stuff people around the ship. Nothing has been crowded so far.

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Will be interesting to see how it handles a Spring Break sailing..rumor is we are at a slightly reduced capacity..and then with kids being in school less 3/4 berths taken.

Would there be anyway for you guys to find out what the exact percent is?

Loving the blog so far! Enjoy Icon!

14 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I will be on with my kids in late March for their spring break so I will let you know.

You are a Brave person. I can't even fathom Spring Break on that Huge ship! Looking forward to the trip report!

@AshleyDillo Can anyone access the suite sun deck, is it down a hallway like the Wonder set up? Also, I see CK but is there another suites/pins eatery in the suite area? 

Thanks so much! 

Just now, Neesa said:

@AshleyDillo Can anyone access the suite sun deck, is it down a hallway like the Wonder set up? Also, I see CK but is there another suites/pins eatery in the suite area? 

Thanks so much! 

It is key card controlled. The sliding doors don't open unless you tap the card..so someone would have to tail you in there. It's located right off the forward elevator bank.

There is a mini buffet in The Grove claims to have snacks until 10pm.

@Neesa I feel like, at the moment; that the suite sundeck is better controlled compared to wonder. Also, one of the concierges just told me earlier that they plan to rotate and have one of three concierges in The Grove most of the time. So hopefully that will help deter the wanderers too.