black friday sales!! what did you get??

asquared17

what we got:

december oasis

• PDCC - beach club passes @ 99 + tax = 108.88 total
  • evian package @ 18.99 + tax = 22.40 total
  • internet @ $132.93 / $18.99 a day

february oasis

• PDCC - beach club passes @ 123.99 + tax = 136.38 total (this one killed me a little, not going to lie)
  • evian package @ 18.99 + tax = 22.40 total
  • internet @ $146.93 / $20.99 a day

so our february sailing is pricier -- not sure if this means anything but i believe icon will be in rotation fairly soon by then (if not already) so i wonder if that will have anything to do with it.

also the ala carte single dining doesn't seem to have more than a 10% discount. so maybe they are still getting prices turned over?

all i know is, i snatched those beach club passes up REAL QUICK. 😎

Rebooked the refreshment package for Xmas aboard Anthem and saved ~$42.

Reserved multiple non-Italian lunches at 40% off on Anthem and Jewel. IZUMI sushi might be worth it at that price depending on the ship and your tastes. On my sailings, the Italian resturants were only $1 cheaper than on International Pasta Day thus didn't bother rebooking.

Scuba diving on CocoCay dropped from $62 to $35 (after taxes) for multiple sailings, so that was great savings! It looks like dinner prices are unchanged, but specialty lunches are 40% off for numerous cruises.

For one of my May cruises to Labadee, a lot of items there are 50% off, including beach beds and bungalows...although the beach bed price is still more than the beach beds used to cost at CocoCay when not on sale. For the later May cruise, though, the same items are only 15% off. Interesting difference.

No noticeable improvements in price for internet or the Key for any of the cruises I have booked.

Nothing particularly good for my Thanksgiving cruise on the Wonder--although 40% off lunches would be great if we didn't already have the UDP.

I'm interested to see if they add to these deals as we get closer to Black Friday!

Saved a bit on some boarding day lunches.  They had a somewhat reasonable price for Coco Beach Club for our Feb Freedom sailing ($88/pp) but that’s still more than I want to pay and it will likely be too cool for us in Dec so I passed.  Not much else.  I saw no lower prices at all on any 3 night meal pkgs for any of our cruises.  I’ll keep checking

1 minute ago, FLTraveler said:

May cruises to Labadee, a lot items there are 50% off, including beach beds and bungalows...although the beach bed price is still more than the beach beds used to cost at CocoCay when not on sale

shoot i totally forgot about labadee! thanks for the reminder 💚

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Not much else.  I saw no lower prices at all on any 3 night meal pkgs for any of our cruises.

same boat (no pun intended 😅😂)

I think the best deal on there for my Dec cruise was 50% off thrill water park. But kiddo is too short still for a lot of the slides and he would be upset if we had passes and he couldn’t ride the big slides still lol. He enjoys the free water park there so we’re good 👍🏼 

Internet was decent, did 2 devices for 30% off. Ordered it for next 3 cruises. 

Not overly excited over the deluxe beverage packages, BOGO50%. Was hoping for 30% lol. I already had next two booked at bogo50…maybe I’ll get lucky during a spur of the moment sale.

5 minutes ago, CruzOnBye said:

I think the best deal on there for my Dec cruise was 50% off thrill water park. But kiddo is too short still for a lot of the slides and he would be upset if we had passes and he couldn’t ride the big slides still lol. He enjoys the free water park there so we’re good 👍🏼 

Internet was decent, did 2 devices for 30% off. Ordered it for next 3 cruises. 

Not overly excited over the deluxe beverage packages, BOGO50%. Was hoping for 30% lol. I already had next two booked at bogo50…maybe I’ll get lucky during a spur of the moment sale.

DBP 35% off on mine but still more than when it was 35% off a couple of months ago.

Refresh 35% for the kids the only thing I bought. Was hoping for a bigger discount on the 3 night dining.

Be still my heart. The refreshment package for my next cruise finally went down from $30.00 - $33.00 a day to $24.00 a day. Extremely doubtful that it will get any lower. So, I cancelled and re-booked. Once upon a time, not too long ago I had gotten it for $16.00 a day.

Was able to snag a good deal on refreshment package for my January trip.  Looked like there were some good deals at CocoCay for jet skis, kayaks, water park tickets, and a few other things I am not interested in only because I will be there with young grandchildren.  If it was just me and my wife, or if I was bringing my other kids, I would be all over the jet ski deal and the waterpark tickets.

Worst Black Friday Sale Ever!  😔

At least if your sailing on ICON.

Internet: $23.99 per day. (Same discount as yesterday)

Soda package: $8.99 per day. (Nothing new. Down a buck from $9.99 per day)

Water: 12 Bottles $16.99 (Down from $22.99, $27.99, or $30.99 depending on what day of the month) 

Excursions: Mullet Bay Beach $54.99 per person. (Same sale yesterday)

PDCC: Hideaway Beach Pass $46.99 per person (Down from $59.99)

Best Deal was the bottled water.

Soda a buck off per day as per usual BF sale.

Excursions didn't really seem to have discount. Just did it to get over with before demand brings up price.

Had no plan to purchase Hideaway Beach Pass but $46.99 seemed OK and it will still be brand new come May. Major concerns it will be too loud with DJ music etc. YouTube videos will show me what I need to know and canceling down road will still be option, but want to say I once gave it a shot. Keeping my options open till I see and hear videos. 

Biggest Major Disappointment!!!!!!!!

INTERNET!!!!!!

$23.99 Not One Rotten Dime Less Then Yesterday's Price!!!!

Truly count yourself lucky if not going on ICON in 2024! Everything runs more money. Only can afford because we booked the first day it came out. Paid $1150 per person for an inside cabin. Same goes for $3000 pp today. 

Disappointed couldn't even get a buck a day off internet. Held back on 3 more items because I really feel Royal could have played ball with a buck or two off some things to at least make everything feel cheaper then yesterday/last week. So they lost about $300 more I would have spent if I felt a little more Black Friday sale spirit from them. 

14 minutes ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Saved $182 total between 2 cruises. Europe cruise had better sales than the Caribbean cruise. Now I’m hoping the refunds are quick and not 1-3 months like I’ve had happen before.

It's a direct refund 

If system working, it should be back on credit card in like 3 days. 

Okay where I am finally seeing things is discounts on excursions, scored 30% off most of my Alaskan excursions. However, two are not showing able to book so I will be calling tomorrow.

Also a few bucks on dinning but internet and bev/water aren't too great. 18.99 for 12pks of Evian is still high. I understand 1L but still.......Also internet discounts aren't worth anything until you do 3-4 devices, then its 45-50% off. 

No bigger discount on Feb Anthem deluxe beverage but did score a savings on 4 internet 1 device package. Also cancelled and booked Chops lunch  as it was cheaper for that sailing.  Hideaway beach is on sale but I’m afraid to cancel to rebook and lose out.

saved money on Alaska and Hawaii excursions.

booked Giovanni’s and Jamie’s at 12.99…on a number of cruises.  

November -great price but sold out on Anthem beach club for $79.  I’ve been there done that so would not have booked it.

radiance Panama Canal Oct has deluxe drink at $53 per day

13 hours ago, Marlena said:

I nabbed the refreshment package for my daughter for 17.99 a day! It advertised 22.99 but in cart said "kids discount 50% off" and dropped to 17.99

I am also curious if your daughter is younger or older than 12... This is a really good deal and I wish it happened for my teens (I tried). I'm jealous!! We opted not to get it at $23.99 - just the soda package for the kids for $8.99.

12 hours ago, Dulis said:

FYI - Internet for our cruises was around $20.99 for one, but I booked 4 devices (kids!) and it came down to about $300 total for the week.  That means $10.50 per day per device.  To keep them entertained.  And ~quiet~!

Us too! I wasn't happy with the advertised price but the 4 device package ended up at $10.75 pp/pd. 

Saved a little on:

• Labadee excursions (zip line down from $109 to $92 - for 4 people saved us $68; dragon coaster for us and +Arawak for kids down $5 each, so we saved another $20 there, and then I booked floating mats for my parents at the sale price)
  • The Escape Room (down from $35 to $28 so for 6 of us - saved $42)
  • the Pickleball class (down from $70 to $42 - I was only going to buy this for my parents but at that price, my husband and I bought it too.)
  • Soda package for my parents and my teens (I was waiting to buy this during the sale but saved a little here - this price was fluctuating so hard to know how much, but from $1-$6 pp/pd)

Still trying to decide on whether or not we want another lunch (Hooked is $15pp and I'm really tempted...), an excursion in Aruba, and a a cooler + beverage set OR water package which are all decent deals. The sushi class had no discount. I'm on Symphony in March.