Contact Royal Caribbean about this charging for pizza

10 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Since it's just an idea, on a survey. I don't think you can contact anyone about a hypothetical idea.

There must be some sort of email to express thoughts on different things with the cruise line. A customer service email. I only found a horrible form on the website. If they don't hear from as many people as possible before this happens then it will happen. 

I get what you’re saying. When you spend thousands on a vacation, expectations are high, and rightfully so. I have 4 cruises booked, and it’s frustrating that more changes are possibly coming, further reducing the value and experience.

CEO Jason Liberty made it clear what his priorities are, and they’re just getting started with increasing profits. Great time for customers including myself to reevaluate future decisions in regards to booking cruises, and consider other options. 

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I think anyone can contact them for any reason they want. Why not?

Also, since not everyone had access to the survey, why not let your opinion be heard.

While this is true, that they can contact them for any reason. OP wants to complain about something not officially on the books, so it would essentially be reaming someone for something that hasn't happened. 

Just now, Ampurp85 said:

While this is true, that they can contact them for any reason. OP wants to complain about something not officially on the books, so it would essentially be reaming someone for something that hasn't happened. 

Wrong. They want to voice their opinion on the topic.

Amazing how we see their intention so differently. Lol

1 minute ago, Ampurp85 said:

OP said he was pissed enough to contact someone, pissed is a strong reaction. 

I'm pissed every other minute of every other day. No biggie. 

Not voicing your opinions is the worst thing you can do. When you feel something is wrong you should stand and shout. I'm the first one to join a March. I'm a very be heard or forever go to the back of the bus person. 

How great of a cross section of survey opions can they really get when they pre selected who to send the survey too? If you don't join in the discussion, you can't really have any skin in the game. If they are "pissed", by all means say so. It's a big company, they can handle a negative email. No feelings will be hurt. And all sides will have been expressed.

We are the two in danger. And understand it's passion for having a say, not anger. LOL.

Isn't the survey EXACTLY that? A way  everyone was able to let them know they did not like the idea. That's what a survey is. When people answered it,  they were letting RC know how the felt. I don't think calling or emailing anyone is going to do anything that the survey did not. It's not a thing, they haven't made any kind of announcement about charging for pizza, and it might not even be something they are considering at this point. Complain about them not  having tribute bands any more or once a day cleaning if you must- at least those are things that have actually happened.

5 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Does anyone read? Anyone at all? What the hell did I actually say? I said I want to let them know my displeasure about this change before it happens. If they hear from enough of us maybe it won't happen. 

I'm not gonna yell at anyone. 

Which is why I suggested their social media pages. They are very responsive on there and you can generate visibility and reactions.

2 minutes ago, ScottD said:

Isn't the survey EXACTLY that? A way  everyone was able to let them know they did not like the idea. That's what a survey is. When people answered it,  they were letting RC know how the felt. I don't think calling or emailing anyone is going to do anything that the survey did not. It's not a thing, they haven't made any kind of announcement about charging for pizza, and it might not even be something they are considering at this point. Complain about them not  having tribute bands any more or once a day cleaning if you must- at least those are things that have actually happened.

Wow, just freaking wow. This is truly the twilight zone. So you can't complain about a rumored change. Ok, got it, I will pay by everyone else's rules. Thanks

Just now, RCIfan1912 said:

Wow, just freaking wow. This is truly the twilight zone. So you can't

Sorry- I get what you're saying, I guess an email to the CEO or to the Customer service email might do something. But I just feel as though the survey served the exact purpose of what you're asking. 

1 minute ago, ScottD said:

So wrong. Why wait for it to happen? Voicing an opion now makes more sense. Much better chance to stop it, then trying to reverse it down the road.

Again, I would like to point out that Royal did not make the survey available to everyone. So some have to find other ways of adding their two cents.

And nobody should ever be told to keep quiet about anything they feel is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, ScottD said:

Sorry- I get what you're saying, I guess an email to the CEO or to the Customer service email might do something. But I just feel as though the survey served the exact purpose of what you're asking. 

Again, that survey was deliberately made available to a select few. So much for them really being interested in people opinion on the subject.

1 minute ago, RCIfan1912 said:

In the end they are gonna do what they want and it's all about making more money but I see nothing wrong with being proactive. 

Because there is nothing wrong with it. As a consumer and customer you have a voice and why shouldn't it be heard. Nothing more American. 

And yeah I'd like to email that little weasel of a CEO and tell him I hope you choke on the 5 bucks you charge for freaking pizza. Just something that really, really bothers me about this. I think of all the kids and families that now have to decide between have a mediocre pizza because some pencil neck CEO can get a bigger dividend. It truly pisses me off. The very fact it was in a survey, so it was discussed and now closer to reality really, really gets in my nerves. 

1 minute ago, RCIfan1912 said:

And yeah I'd like to email that little weasel if a CEO and tell him I hope you choke on the 5 bucks you charge for freaking pizza. Just something that really, really bothers me about this. I think of all the kids and families that now have to decide between have a mediocre pizza because some pencil neck CEO can get a bigger dividend. It truly pisses me off. The very fact it was in a survey, so it was discussed and now closer to reality really, really gets in my nerves. 

OMG look.....your being human. That's only allowed here every other Wednesday. LOL.

5 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OMG look.....your being human. That's only allowed here every other Wednesday. LOL.

I guess you are the only one on my side on this. The rest think we should just wait for to happen and then piss and moan. And then they will say, brat is complaining about 10 bucks for pizza when they just spent thousands on a vacation, they can afford it. 

Just now, RCIfan1912 said:

I guess you are the only one on my side on this. The rest think we should just wait for to happen and then piss and moan. And then they will say, brat is complaining about 10 bucks for pizza when they just spent thousands on a vacation, they can afford it. 

Nobody should ever tell another person not to voice an opinion. 

Please also tell them how excited I am for Axe throwing and the new Peruvian Seafood restaurants.

You should gripe if you think it's going to help or if it's going to make you feel better.  I think you've got yourself worked up about the pizza so I doubt you will get the personal satisfaction.  I hope you do. 

On whether or not it will help, there's sort of a paradox in your logic.  You're so certain they have made up their mind and that it will come to pass that you are already referring to it as "this change".  If they've already made up their mind then it's too late for any of our voices right?

To your question, I think your best bet is through Social Media if you participate, through the CS form that you don't like and maybe to the mbailey email address.

Again, please for the love of god read! This is to voice my displeasure BEFORE, maybe if enough people complain beside the 8 people that got this precious survey maybe it won't happen. Maybe, just maybe they will get the hint that this a nickel and dime too far. 

It's not about getting a slice of pizza free into my fat face, it's much, much more than that. To me this would be just too far. 

2 hours ago, Xaa said:

Please also tell them how excited I am for Axe throwing and the new Peruvian Seafood restaurants.

You should gripe if you think it's going to help or if it's going to make you feel better.  I think you've got yourself worked up about the pizza so I doubt you will get the personal satisfaction.  I hope you do. 

On whether or not it will help, there's sort of a paradox in your logic.  You're so certain they have made up their mind and that it will come to pass that you are already referring to it as "this change".  If they've already made up their mind then it's too late for any of our voices right?

To your question, I think your best bet is through Social Media if you participate, through the CS form that you don't like and maybe to the mbailey email address.

So they said "this change" and not "this potential change".

Can't everyone just let them be upset by this "possible" unpopular direction Royal is clearly considering. 

As a passenger who has participated in many post cruise surveys, allow me to relate my experience with Royal and their internal culture relating to off board passenger opinions.

The post cruise surveys are unquestionably a one way conversation. Meaning: you can say all you want but you will never get a reaction, follow up, an investigation, or even a polite thank you. You could literally write "I saw a gaping hole in the side of the ship and it was taking on water. This requires immediate attention"  and you will receive the same reaction as if you liked the Ranger Cookies in the Windjammer--none, zero, zilch.

Does Royal actually listen? Oh, trust me, it has taken many years of being onboard to figure out that Royal has acute senses of hearing and observation, but there is some strange code of silence they all live by. Jaw dropping senses of hearing and observation.

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I think of all the kids and families that now have to decide between have a mediocre pizza

I did not get an invitation to do the survey but managed to do it anyway using the link provided by another poster earlier in the thread and I did actually make a comment about how they absolutely shouldn't make this a pay option precisely because so many families depend on it.

Personally, I think they should start charging for the pizza beginning this morning. It would be easy to say a buck a slice, but it's Royal Caribbean; so let's say $2 a slice.

I'm guessing the pizza receipts from any Oasis class voyage will equal the $4 bag of popcorn receipts from the popcorn sold at the Aqua shows. This will directly show exactly how passengers feel about the Costco grade pizza.

The same goes for the gas station hotdogs at the Dog House. Put a price tag on them too and there will be plenty of room for dust in the cash register.

24 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I did not get an invitation to do the survey but managed to do it anyway using the link provided by another poster earlier in the thread and I did actually make a comment about how they absolutely shouldn't make this a pay option precisely because so many families depend on it.

Same.

@RCIfan1912 I don't think the posters telling you that the survey served your purpose wanted to shut you up or argue with you. I think their point was the above basically accomplishes what you sought to accomplish, that's all.

Obviously if you feel you want to take it a step further and contact RC directly via some other method, go for it!

You were excited about turning Diamond in another thread and I hope you still are.

Everyone will feel how they feel about value, prices, experiences, etc. I'm not here to tell anyone how to feel. I just had an amazing experience on Wonder in June and am looking forward to my next 4 cruises like I usually am. It just saddens me to read so much negativity.

41 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

So they said "this change" and not "this potential change".

Can't everyone just let them be upset by this "possible" unpopular direction Royal is clearly considering. 

Nothing about my post is denying their ability to be upset.  I recommended that they try to communicate with Royal if they feels like they need to.

I do feel though like I have to deal with what they said not what you perceive them to have meant.  I feel that need because twice they've asked if "anyone at all" would "...actually read..." inquiring "What the hell did I actually say? "  So I do feel the need to stick to what they actually said.

I understand why you are skeptical and I know changes to any pricing after you booked is problematic.  But what has happened in the course of a few days is that one question, from a long survey across a variety of topics has become a change, or a potential change when in actuality it is still only a survey question.

Same poster linked a video with the title "Farewell Free Pizza".  They seem to be further down that path.

Let’s be honest, who would actually pay for that crappy pizza anyway? It’s great pizza because it’s free. Once it’s not free it’s on par with dominos or Pizza Hut. I predict they don’t venture down that road because Sorrentos fans are passionate about their free pizza and the relentless backlash would be too much for RC to contain.  

I guess I'll just sit on my hands and wait for the change if it happens. In the end I guess it really doesn't matter because they will do what they want. 

Maybe they should just go all the way and charge for a second entree like MSC. The dinner roll is free but butter will cost ya. More revenue, woo hoo. Ketchup for you burger, that will cost ya. 

Listen I absolutely love Royal Caribbean but in my opinion charging for Sorentos would be wrong in every single way. 

2 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Listen I absolutely love Royal Caribbean but in my opinion charging for Sorentos would be wrong in every single way. 

On this we agree.  I completed the survey, if you're going to reach out directly, you should do that.  You've been around here and this thread long enough to know that we only pretty much know the normal contact routes.  Call them, email their form, try their socials or shoot an email to the mbailey group.

You have to admit, even us that absolutely love Royal Caribbean, and are arguing that this is just a survey and nothing more. You have to admit this would be so Royal Caribbean to say, we are going to start charging for Sorentos pizza but don't worry there is still free pizza in the Windjammer. Does that not sound like a CYA press release by Royal Caribbean? 🤔🤣

11 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I guess I'll just sit on my hands and wait for the change if it happens. In the end I guess it really doesn't matter because they will do what they want. 

Maybe they should just go all the way and charge for a second entree like MSC. The dinner roll is free but butter will cost ya. More revenue, woo hoo. Ketchup for you burger, that will cost ya. 

If they start charging for the pizza then there will be no end to the madness. What’s next? Windjammer becomes speciality dining? Towels at the pool? Drip coffee at cafe promenade? Shows? At some point the nickel and dime mentality will have a negative effect on the bottom line because many families count on the “complimentary” options and consider this value when cruising with the brand. 

14 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Does that not sound like a CYA press release by Royal Caribbean? 🤔🤣

They'll go even a step further and tell you they are doing it for you. 🙂

"We've heard over and over again that people love Sorrento's but want a better, more exclusive experience.  We are delighted to bring that to you with our new Soda/Sorrento's package...."  🙂