Royal Up offers

Kent

I had placed a couple bids for our Oasis Oct 17 sailing. We just booked Wonder for March 25th 2022, so I decided to cancel the bids. I can no longer access my bids, get a message that it's not  eligible for upgrade? I'm hoping that means my bids are gone, we're already in a JS and was just low balling a GS bid.

5 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

I had placed a couple bids for our Oasis Oct 17 sailing. We just booked Wonder for March 25th 2022, so I decided to cancel the bids. I can no longer access my bids, get a message that it's not  eligible for upgrade? I'm hoping that means my bids are gone, we're already in a JS and was just low balling a GS bid.

Can you access it by opening the email that was sent to confirm your bids were received? Modify/Cancel button?

On 9/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, JustMeJoe said:

Upgrade does not include any additional promotions

I have never been certain of the true meaning of this (operationally that is) caveat. We have only bid for royal suites from sky level suites and haven’t bid anything much beyond the minimum (not willing to bid thousands more than we were already paying). But I can’t imagine paying out that much cash and them holding some benefit back (whatever benefit that might be - free drinks, full access to all restaurants, etc).

16 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I have never been certain of the true meaning of this (operationally that is) caveat. We have only bid for royal suites from sky level suites and haven’t bid anything much beyond the minimum (not willing to bid thousands more than we were already paying). But I can’t imagine paying out that much cash and them holding some benefit back (whatever benefit that might be - free drinks, full access to all restaurants, etc).

Others have reported Royal Ups to a star suite, and all the star suite perks came with the Royal Up. Right now, the biggest Issue I see with that is for planning. There has only been a very short lead time with Royal Up ‘win’ notifications, so getting restaurant reservations, etc. may differ from someone that was able to converse with the Genie before 2-3 days out. I’m sure they will do what they can, but your mileage may vary. 🙂

I just received an email from RoyalUp titled…Reservation Modification.

It says ‘this email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.’

The bid was for a cruise on Sept 26, which is the second half of a b2b. Nothing has been changed on my reservation…as far as I know.

Anyone get a similar cancellation email…or know why?

23 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Others have reported Royal Ups to a star suite, and all the star suite perks came with the Royal Up. Right now, the biggest Issue I see with that is for planning. There has only been a very short lead time with Royal Up ‘win’ notifications, so getting restaurant reservations, etc. may differ from someone that was able to converse with the Genie before 2-3 days out. I’m sure they will do what they can, but your mileage may vary. 🙂

True, it doesn’t give much time. But we would have contact the concierge the week prior regarding most reservations - in our case not a lot would change I guess. But it does Leave at one to wonder what “promotions” would not be applied (and the CNA points would be a moot point for Sky to Royal suite move).  We like the cabins we have, so if we usually think if get moved that’s cool and if we don’t that’s cool. It’s usually a matter of bidding on one or two Royal suites, most of which are too big for the needs of just the two of us (especially  considering another 6000 or so to the total it would add).

5 minutes ago, BrianB said:

It says ‘this email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.’

The bid was for a cruise on Sept 26, which is the second half of a b2b. Nothing has been changed on my reservation…as far as I know.

Did you get a price adjustment by chance?

And now I got another e-mail offering royal up for this Oct 17th cruise, I'm just going to skip it. Our accessible JS is actually larger than the GS 1 bedroom, and I think my wife would have trouble with the bath/shower.

4 hours ago, BrianB said:

Could they have upgraded you without you doing a Royal Up? People on other websites have said they were told their cabin was being changed (without their request). For those few passengers, it has meant an upgrade so far. 🙂

14 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Could they have upgraded you without you doing a Royal Up? People on other websites have said they were told their cabin was being changed (without their request). For those few passengers, it has meant an upgrade so far. 🙂

No. I’m still in the crown loft suite. Any upgrade would be to a significantly more expensive suite.

4 hours ago, BrianB said:

No. I’m still in the crown loft suite. Any upgrade would be to a significantly more expensive suite.

BrianB, we had 2 bids for our sailing on Oasis (10/17) - one for the 2 br Aqua and one for the Panoramic. I just checked and both bids are gone. I attempted to access the link through the email and it pops an error. I didn't receive the 'reservation modification' email but DID receive another email suggesting we consider bidding via RoyalUp. Guess we're back to square one 😞

I had both my Royal Up bids on a B2B starting Oct 3 cancelled this morning through the same email as you received BrianB. I just talked to Royal and they didn’t have a clue, the agent said nothing had changed in the reservation despite what the email said. She suggested I email the RoyalUp people (no phone number apparently.) In going into the RoyalUp system, they are all still listed as pending…. System glitch? No idea…will just have to redo I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, Salty Law Dog said:

I had both my Royal Up bids on a B2B starting Oct 3 cancelled this morning through the same email as you received BrianB. I just talked to Royal and they didn’t have a clue, the agent said nothing had changed in the reservation despite what the email said. She suggested I email the RoyalUp people (no phone number apparently.) In going into the RoyalUp system, they are all still listed as pending…. System glitch? No idea…will just have to redo I suppose. 

RC has been having issues with their systems lately. I received the email today telling me to complete the health questionnaire for tomorrow’s cruise. Every time I answer all the questions and press submit…the response is ‘We’ll get you there. Try submitting again’. I’ve done it about a dozen times already with the same result. I keep waiting a longer time in between tries hoping it corrects itself. Sort of reminds me of Albert Einstein’s quote…Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Oh, well…they’ll get me there.

But I believe RoyalUp is separate from RC and operates on their own. Maybe similar systems?🤔

19 hours ago, Salty Law Dog said:

Last night at 8pm…sixteen hours before I am due to board…I received an email from RoyalUp telling me my bid for this sailing was ‘Unsuccessful’. 
First I get the email telling me my bid was cancelled…now the email telling me my bid was unsuccessful. Sort of rubbing it in. What’s next? An email telling me my haircut is ‘old fashioned’?😜

On 9/12/2021 at 7:22 PM, teddy said:

Our recent junior suite cost us $500 total through Royal Up. 

Before I submitted the bid, I did a mock booking and it was $1700 more than we paid for our balcony guarantee, so we paid $1200 less than if we booked it. 

We personally have no problems with not getting the extra suite C&A points for this cruise 

@Teddy do you have any idea how Royal Up works if you need a handicapped accessible room? I know Royal has ADA Jr. Suites, but I'm not sure about the other classes/ suites.

3 minutes ago, emmef said:

@Teddy do you have any idea how Royal Up works if you need a handicapped accessible room? I know Royal has ADA Jr. Suites, but I'm not sure about the other classes/ suites.

Wow, I'm not sure how that would work.  I don't know how they would ensure an upgrade to an accessible room. 

Just saw my update - all bids except for Junior Suite have expired! 

Does this mean we also get the hour early priority boarding perk (assuming the Junior Suite upgrade fully processes?)? (Please don't yell at me I'm just excited and will gladly wait for my allocated time)  😅

1 hour ago, KLA said:

Just saw my update - all bids except for Junior Suite have expired! 

I can't speak to your question, but I do believe you get the early boarding of the suite, if you are successful.  I think the only suite benefit that doesn't come included is the extra C&A points.

But, my excitement is piqued... Is this for your Oct 3rd cruise on Odyssey?  If so, I'm very much looking forward to *maybe* getting some info soon on my bids for the Oct 9th...  I'm glad they don't bump me down on the list the more often I check the status. 😜 

2 minutes ago, mathbees said:

I can't speak to your question, but I do believe you get the early boarding of the suite, if you are successful.  I think the only suite benefit that doesn't come included is the extra C&A points.

But, my excitement is piqued... Is this for your Oct 3rd cruise on Odyssey?  If so, I'm very much looking forward to *maybe* getting some info soon on my bids for the Oct 9th...  I'm glad they don't bump me down on the list the more often I check the status. 😜 

Yes - Oct 3rd Odyssey. I haven't gotten any official confirmation, but I did see that as of this afternoon my only unexpired bid is the one for my Junior Suite and it is 'Pending', and from my understanding this is a very good sign. 

We are currently in a GTY balcony, so this would be an exciting upgrade as we also do not yet have a balcony cabin assigned! 

3 hours ago, KLA said:

Does this mean we also get the hour early priority boarding perk (assuming the Junior Suite upgrade fully processes?)?

No, that's a perk the concierge would offer. I'm not aware JS is included since you wouldn't get the email from the concierge to let you know of it.

Now that you got the noon check-in time, you're pretty much going to be the first onboard.