Royal Caribbean Optum Store - Testing Kits Available

KLA

7 hours ago, Linda R said:

Wondering, on my B2B will RC test me for the 2nd cruise?  I am thinking they do.

Hi Linda!

Here is the current policy as per Matt's post on 8/27/21. On B2B trips, Royal will test you onboard prior to the second cruise at no cost to you...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/27/royal-caribbean-did-not-change-their-back-back-cruise-policy

image.png.fd59d3bc13f08023e307328aed0205f3.png

I’m also a believer in redundancy. I have more tests on hand then I’m going to need. Just in case there’s a mistake, malfunction or loss of video connection. I purchased a six pack (drank it, it was delicious)…then got a six pack of tests from eMed directly. Six tests cost $150 but they have the earlier expiration date…which was extended. These tests are my backups to getting tested at CVS, and I may never need to use them, so they are really an investment in peace of mind.

6 hours ago, BrianB said:

I’m also a believer in redundancy. I have more tests on hand then I’m going to need. Just in case there’s a mistake, malfunction or loss of video connection. I purchased a six pack (drank it, it was delicious)…then got a six pack of tests from eMed directly. Six tests cost $150 but they have the earlier expiration date…which was extended. These tests are my backups to getting tested at CVS, and I may never need to use them, so they are really an investment in peace of mind.

I did The exact same thing. Including both six packs 😁

40 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

FWIW, Biden just announced that all at-home test kits must be sold at cost, which he claims could reduce the price by 30%

The POC tests he mentioned being sold at cost (for only a limited amount of time) are not the proctored version.

Good thing however is the mandates he is proposing, along with Defense Act production, will increase the number of tests on hand, and run through these soon to expire tests rather quickly.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Where'd you see that?  He said "at home tests" which would include the proctored test since they can be taken at home with our without proctoring.

I don't put a lot of stock in the verbiage used here, "at home" test is pretty broad label. Both Binax tests are basically the same, the cost difference in the two comes from the cost of the ASCP proctoring and validation of results.  It is one thing to CAP a price on a commodity, it's another to CAP the price on professional services, which the proctoring is. 

Also, the "at cost" remarks mentioned specific retailers that are not permitted to sell the proctored version, only the "at home" test.

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

One thing to remember with the proctored tests. You can use them on your own as a peace of mind test. Just that result wouldn't count since it wasn't proctored.

There's nothing special about the test itself in those kits compared to the other at-home tests. Just you pay extra for the paperwork trail.

Especially if you’re flying in early and will need to take the two-day-before test after your arrival. Makes sense to take an at home, non-proctored test before you fly in. The cheaper test is good for that. Better to know if your positive at home before you start traveling…

16 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Especially if you’re flying in early and will need to take the two-day-before test after your arrival. Makes sense to take an at home, non-proctored test before you fly in. The cheaper test is good for that. Better to know if your positive at home before you start traveling…

In our case, we're flying in to the FLL area 2 days before our cruise so we're planning on doing the proctored test in the hotel - which makes for a great option for us since we aren't getting a rental car and I wasn't sure where to go in the Hollywood Beach area. We'll have a spare test with us, too, in case anything goes wrong. 

We'll test again when we get back home as well. 

Good thing I didn't order my test just before my cruise. It's the estimated delivery date and it hasn't even shipped yet. I get that they're probably flooded with orders, but this does not inspire confidence. Has anybody else ordered through the "Royal Caribbean Storefront" and gotten their orders yet?

1 minute ago, Chadster said:

Good thing I didn't order my test just before my cruise. It's the estimated delivery date and it hasn't even shipped yet. I get that they're probably flooded with orders, but this does not inspire confidence. Has anybody else ordered through the "Royal Caribbean Storefront" and gotten their orders yet?

I wound up ordering a couple, and mine also do not appear to have shipped.