CDC Conditional Sailing Order

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or at least refrain from posting the same negativity on multiple threads. 😉

Where do I sign up to be a test cruiser?  I can be at Port Everglades in 20 minutes

It sounds like the CDC actually listened to the comments submitted by the public While CDC bases its public health determinations on the best available science and not on public opinion

Posted Images

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I pulled the PDF from the CDC URL above.  The Executive Summary was copied DIRECTLY from the 40 page document published by the CDC on their website.  These are their words, not mine.  Please stop misleading people.

437310122_ScreenShot2020-10-30at12_17_03PM.thumb.jpg.e458e4224e83b73f090f11d7d7861cab.jpg

From the CDC website:

See the attached Order (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 40 pages] for the full requirements.

Does the "simulated cruise" mean crew only sailings or land based mock-up sailing (computer simulation) of going through procedures?   I'm guessing it means crew only sailing to practice procedures based upon comments Mr. Fain made yesterday.

4 minutes ago, nate91 said:

@RBRSKI, would you be willing to amend the date on this? I have an Oasis cruise on 12/6 that I would really like to sail! 😄 

Absolutely,  I just went into "settings" updated the start date to 12/6 and saved!!! 

I hope to see you during disembarkation on 12/13 as this is when we are boarding!!!

3 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Does the "simulated cruise" mean crew only sailings or land based mock-up sailing (computer simulation) of going through procedures?   I'm guessing it means crew only sailing to practice procedures based upon comments Mr. Fain made yesterday.

Not sure anyone outside of Royal really knows.  However I find it encouraging that Royal has long talked about crew only test cruises or using FL employees as test cruise participants.  It's almost like the CDC read their playbook and incorporated that into the CSO. 

Just got tip: RCG will be making an announcement real soon as to those cruises that are longer than 7 nites, and from what I've been told, one avenue that is definately being spoken about is taking a longer cruise (i.e.: 9 nite) and splitting it into two cruises, a 4 nite and a 5 nite. I like it!!! B2B2B2B2B HERE I COME!!

Here I Come GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

So canada is being diligent and not allowing ships as a formality till Mar1. I agree about he masks but there will be red and blue sailors and one would hope hey would both abide by the new policies considering the US is on the brink of 9 million today. The biggest elephant I he room is someone needs to get their house in order but this is a good start for the industry I guess and I can see a lot of disappointed asymptomatic people being turned away at the pier 

If the U.S. in general would adopt half of the mitigation protocols proposed by cruise ships it would go a long way to getting the situation under control.  

The cruise industry has an opportunity to show America how to open and operate successfully despite a pandemic.  

Besides, the biggest elephant in the room may have left the building in a few months.  

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

Me too!  (Can I "borrow" your street address for my C&A account?  🤣 )

Absolutely, to help out another cruise junkie, consider it done!   

On a serious note, while this pandemic has affected many lives, I am so grateful to have my health and not have know of anyone who has died from it.  Personally, I never thought it would bother me as much as it has not to be able to cruise for so many months. It's a little depressing for me and my family.  Please don't take this as me not understanding the scope of COVID19 but it truly is nice to have some positive news.

14 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Just got tip: RCG will be making an announcement real soon as to those cruises that are longer than 7 nites, and from what I've been told, one avenue that is definately being spoken about is taking a longer cruise (i.e.: 9 nite) and splitting it into two cruises, a 4 nite and a 5 nite. I like it!!! B2B2B2B2B HERE I COME!!

Here I Come GIFs | Tenor

Brilliant!!!!

18 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Here I Come GIFs | Tenor

Can you use a Shaq meme on a Royal Caribbean discussion?

15 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

I can see a lot of disappointed asymptomatic people testing positive being turned away at the pier 

Alberta recently discontinued asymptomatic testing (exception being close contacts of known cases) due to a very low positivity rate. Only 7 positive COVID cases per 10,000 tests since asymptomatic testing began. 

2 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

NOW, the big questions if when flying into a state, let's say Florida for this example:

- Do we fly in the same day and straight onto the boat?

- Can we fly in a day prior and would this affect any mandatory quarantine regulations?

- Flying back home from Florida, do we have to quarantine once we fly back into our home state considering Florida is on many banned state lists?

There are lots of questions yet to be answered and address by either the cruise line and/or State agencies.

Unless you live in the right place most people won't be cruising anyways. Fix the actual issue and eradicate the virus. Only then will cruising resume to normal.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

If the U.S. in general would adopt half of the mitigation protocols proposed by cruise ships it would go a long way to getting the situation under control.  

The cruise industry has an opportunity to show America how to open and operate successfully despite a pandemic.  

Besides, the biggest elephant in the room may have left the building in a few months.  

How to show America how to open? Lol

Good Morning,

Reading some of these headlines on "Cruise Industry News":

Port Traffic To Be Limited, Cruise Lines Will Need Housing Agreements

CDC Drops No Sail Order For Framework For Conditional Sailing Order

I believe all of these requirements are fair and call me crazy, I would hope with the time not sailing these cruise lines have already thought and delveopled plans very similar.  

Now the big question,  Will the CDC drag their feet scheduling these inspections and give the cruise industry a quick response!!!!  Oh God, it's the government, we are doomed  !  LOL

3 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Me again!

I know no date is set in stone, but I have to say I wake this morning with HOPE!!!!   With everything going on,  it truly puts a smile on our family with the good news we received yesterday.

Plus it's fun to watch the Port of Miami webcams with greater interest now!

https://youtu.be/xuoy96nMcUk

https://youtu.be/d11qKztvBAM