When RCI starts sailing again, which ships and itineraries will be first?

steverk

We also need a destination to sail to.  

One cruise line with one ship was given approval in the July 10 CDC order but with the Bahamas closed that ship couldn't sail. 

If a more distant Caribbean nation is allowing cruise ships to arrive then a 3 night cruise may not be enough time to get there and back from Florida.   

It's a combination of factors that will dictate the early itineraries.  

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's irrelevant that the governor in Florida opened up the state more, because the ports were already open for cruise traffic.

The No Sail Order has been the issue.

54 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

We are open but the cruise ships arent governed by Florida ... thats the CDC. Florida politicians are starting to get very vocal about the CDC needing to get in gear though. Got the Unions protesting now too ... so i tend to think the no-sail is ending this week.

Ahh, I see! I had been comparing Florida to NJ and Baltimore ports but I didn't really take anything else into account besides the state itself opening up. Good to know!

Well, I finally called the C&A department at Royal looking for updated info concerning my Nov 1st Harmony cruise.  It is pretty much what @Matt has written about - No One Knows.  While I have received my "Guest Ticket Book" pdf file, Royal has not yet published any documents describing the requirements or rules for me to follow on my sailing.  In addition, they cannot provide any information on port status or my itinerary.  Their best advice is to wait to see what happens.  I hope they publish some guidelines and/or make some sort of announcement soon... 

image.png

My guess is the first sailings we'll see will be Symphony/Harmony doing modified itineraries, likely two private island stops and maybe Cozumel starting early/mid November and then joined by Oasis/Allure early/mid December with the same.

That's not really based on anything other than my desire to keep my b2b on Harmony this year and prices jumped 30-50% on those sailings for non suites while bookings are still pretty light.  So, basically the delusional hope of a moderately insane person.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, Neesa said:

Mariner, Navigator, Indy. All have short itinerary's and stops at RCCL Private Island. Just my guess but they need to control everything they can when cruising so I would go with them, also many guests can drive to those embarkation ports. Here's hoping we cruise RCCL soon!

cruise ship GIF

We agree and hope we will get to go on our cruise in December on the 14th. We had a transpacific cruise booked from Australia to the french poly islands and then to Hawaii in April that was canceled. We canceled it before we had to make the final deposit because of the fires in January in Australia not knowing that the covid would end all cruising anyway. We finally made it to Diamond on our last cruise and that was suppose to be our first cruise as a Diamond but it wasn't meet to be. So we booked a short cruise back in February for this December from Port Canaveral which is near our winter house so we could drive to the terminal which is only 15 minutes away, again not even knowing what Covid was at that time.  Well as luck would have it, the White House Trumped the CDC on extending the No Sail Order into March, no pun intended. The Mariner of the Seas is out there in the Bahama's right now, crews are getting ready to come back, the Bahama's are allowing ships again and we have a Balcony, the stars may be all lining up for us. It's not the 18 day cruise we had booked earlier in the year, but just walking onto the deck of any cruise ship for any length of time is fine with us. Will be smiling ear to ear walking down the promenade deck. :0)  Fire up them boilers, it's time to go sailing......

6 hours ago, SWORN TO FUN 321 said:

We agree and hope we will get to go on our cruise in December on the 14th. We had a transpacific cruise booked from Australia to the french poly islands and then to Hawaii in April that was canceled. We canceled it before we had to make the final deposit because of the fires in January in Australia not knowing that the covid would end all cruising anyway. We finally made it to Diamond on our last cruise and that was suppose to be our first cruise as a Diamond but it wasn't meet to be. So we booked a short cruise back in February for this December from Port Canaveral which is near our winter house so we could drive to the terminal which is only 15 minutes away, again not even knowing what Covid was at that time.  Well as luck would have it, the White House Trumped the CDC on extending the No Sail Order into March, no pun intended. The Mariner of the Seas is out there in the Bahama's right now, crews are getting ready to come back, the Bahama's are allowing ships again and we have a Balcony, the stars may be all lining up for us. It's not the 18 day cruise we had booked earlier in the year, but just walking onto the deck of any cruise ship for any length of time is fine with us. Will be smiling ear to ear walking down the promenade deck. :0)  Fire up them boilers, it's time to go sailing......

Good luck.  I hope it happens for you.

Welcome to the blog !