Future Cruise Credit

I came on the blog to talk about the importance of TAs and saw this thread that ties into my point. So my sailing that we had is a 3 person sailing and we paid around $3,400 total for our JS (excluding taxes and port fees). I got an email from Royal today telling us we got our FCC issued! Very exciting! Except it’s for 2 of 3 passengers and only for $420 each which is NOWHERE near the realm of what we should have gotten, not even taking the 125% aspect into account. 

All I had to do was forward that to @michelle basically going “what in the world???” And she replies back within hours (emphasis mine) “yes all the ones they just did this week are all wrong

We will get it all straightened out – so frustrating.  

I will take care of it so no worries” 

The amount of relief I felt when I found out I wouldn’t have to wait on hold to argue with Royal is legit invaluable. I can’t believe this level of service is free to me. @Matt is SO right when he says that you think you don’t need a travel agent until you really, really do. 

3 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

yes all the ones they just did this week are all wrong

Madness.perhaps RC need to pay more attention to the detail, we'd all rather wait an extra few days than have something rushed out which is wrong. Creates us stress and RC more work, more haste, less speed as we say in the UK?

Well interesting. But I hope this means I don't have to wait another month and a half for a FCC. I only have a hold on my October room till 5/31.

Havnt heard from my agent yet though it's the weekend and I'm not traveling so I'm really kinda not important till Monday. I can let her enjoy her weekend especially if they've been wrong all week

So some are saying on the Facebook groups that the credits are right and they each double when credited on the royal website

Still that would bring be to 1604

I'm expecting something like 1800. Only thing I can think of is maybe cruise insurance from royal is not deducted. So 1800-132 for me would be 1668...their still off

2 hours ago, Kcusack89 said:

So some are saying on the Facebook groups that the credits are right and they each double when credited on the royal website

Still that would bring be to 1604

I'm expecting something like 1800. Only thing I can think of is maybe cruise insurance from royal is not deducted. So 1800-132 for me would be 1668...their still off

I'd like to hear what your TA says...

Your actual paid cruise fare is $1,463.00 for the two of you based on your invoice... 125% of $1,463.00 is $1,828.75... that should be your total FCC when all is said and done.

That figure ($1,463.00) already backs out all other charges including vacation insurance, prepaid gratuities, port expenses, fees, taxes, etc. There should be no other deductions to your FCC especially since Royal cancelled. Let's see what the TA says... I'm so glad we also have a TA to deal with this mess!

9 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I'd like to hear what your TA says...

Yup me too still waiting. Since im not traveling I'm pretty sure she's waiting till tomorrow to reply to me which is all fine. 

Bottom line I just want to have this settled before may 31 bc that's when I have to pay soemthing towards my booking for my next cruise

I, too cannot figure out my FCC. I opted in to 125% FCC from the second round of cancellations (sailing May 3).

My cruise was $1279 including taxes and port fees. We received $302 each and no refunded taxes or port fees. How is $604 anywhere close to the $1279 I had paid? Let alone a value OVER 100%.. I called this evening and finally got through to a Royal rep who confirmed that my automated FCC looked messed up. 

She said she would be forwarding the discrepancy to the "back end team," apparently an FCC department of sorts, and I should receive additional FCCs in my inbox soon. I really hope it gets corrected because with this paltry credit, I can't afford my replacement cruise just yet! 

? ?  ? 

18 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I, too cannot figure out my FCC. I opted in to 125% FCC from the second round of cancellations (sailing May 3).

My cruise was $1279 including taxes and port fees. We received $302 each and no refunded taxes or port fees. How is $604 anywhere close to the $1279 I had paid? Let alone a value OVER 100%.. I called this evening and finally got through to a Royal rep who confirmed that my automated FCC looked messed up. 

She said she would be forwarding the discrepancy to the "back end team," apparently an FCC department of sorts, and I should receive additional FCCs in my inbox soon. I really hope it gets corrected because with this paltry credit, I can't afford my replacement cruise just yet! 

? ?  ? 

Welcome to our sad club . I'm glad you got through. My agent is on a mission to get us our correct credit tomorrow!

And to follow up,  after being on hold for 1 hour and 20 min before speaking to a human being, who then put me back on hold for an additional 34 min and 54 seconds, the phone line suddenly and without explanation, dropped. I've feeling very lied to and bamboozled.

We just received 2 out if 3 of our FCC for our cruise we cancelled in march for april 12th. My husband and daughter received theirs, I am waiting on mine. Amount add up however I'm kind approved they gave my daughter over 500$ when her fare was 273. My 4 year old does not need 500$ of cruise credit. Really wish we could change names on kids vouchers. So many kids sail free deals it will never get used.

22 minutes ago, Lizzy B said:

And to follow up,  after being on hold for 1 hour and 20 min before speaking to a human being, who then put me back on hold for an additional 34 min and 54 seconds, the phone line suddenly and without explanation, dropped. I've feeling very lied to and bamboozled.

My ta has not been able to get through at all today either. I may try late tonight if she is in successful

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Awesome!  Exactly what we calculated! ?

Yes looks like we conquered royal math 101 ?

Also glad I don't have to wait forever and a day for a new FCC to come back in. I'm all set to apply to my October cruise...supposedly we should be getting our 125% cruise planner credit on friday. Very interested in how their going to calculate this one as it's never been done before.

Will we get 125% of each item I brought on the planner

Will we get 125% of the total price of cruise planner items

Tune in this Friday to see the next wonder of royal math unfold?

On 5/10/2020 at 8:03 AM, vanelli56 said:

Same..... was supposed to recieved over 2000 in fcc...  got my email yesterday.... only 500. 

Seriously Royal!?!

Facebook groups are lighting up... apparently this weekend Fcc is a complete cluster $%#@. 

Just spoke with our TA... she said she was just off the phone with RC and confirmed that a lot of FCC's this weekend were issued incorrectly... including ours. But that it would be rectified in the next few days to a week. 

On another note.... we had a replacement cruise rescheduled due to a May cancellation... it was on 'hold' with a zero deposit thru the end of May... which RC allowed during this time for people getting a FCC from previously cancelled cruises.... We'll while checking on our FCC and the potential for a 'lift and shift'.... RC has just magically cancelled our reservation. 

So in a way... the messed up FCC was a blessing... in that it allowed our TA to discover our hold had been cancelled. Thankfully they were able to reinstate it no problem. 

Now... fingers crossed.... our Lift and Shift gets processed with out any issues. (crossing all fingers, toes, etc.)

Let me join the choir singing praises to all agents in general and my Travel Agent, Patty King, who spent hours on the phone with RCL and confirmed that my FCC has been figured correctly now and that my OBC is also, apparently, correct now.  My greatest concern was that there was neither a standard procedure for figuring FCC nor sufficient oversight for the process.  That said, our TA (who also spent hours on the phone so I didn't have to do that) is a classic example of a professional and a great reason to use an Agent when booking your cruise.  I was a believer in enlisting a TA before, but now am even more so.  We'll be cruising the 9 day out of Vancouver next May!  One last note:  it appears that my "insurance" will be returned - it is just a separate transaction.

I had tried emailing the Royal Caribbean vacation planner I'd used to book our honeymoon to begin with. I was hoping she solve the problem, b/c she was so helpful the first time they canceled a cruise on us (prior to coronavirus).  Unfortunately, this is what I got back:

Hello Elizabeth,

I’ve forward your email to our post cruise customer service to follow up on your credit amounts and refunds. 

I’m currently not able to dial out as we are backing up our service department, but hopefully you will hear something in the next day or two.

Take care,

Best Regards,
Your Dedicated Royal Vacation Planner 

3 hours ago, vanelli56 said:

Just spoke with our TA... she said she was just off the phone with RC and confirmed that a lot of FCC's this weekend were issued incorrectly... including ours. But that it would be rectified in the next few days to a week. 

On another note.... we had a replacement cruise rescheduled due to a May cancellation... it was on 'hold' with a zero deposit thru the end of May... which RC allowed during this time for people getting a FCC from previously cancelled cruises.... We'll while checking on our FCC and the potential for a 'lift and shift'.... RC has just magically cancelled our reservation. 

So in a way... the messed up FCC was a blessing... in that it allowed our TA to discover our hold had been cancelled. Thankfully they were able to reinstate it no problem. 

Now... fingers crossed.... our Lift and Shift gets processed with out any issues. (crossing all fingers, toes, etc.)

What I don't understand is if they are aware of the issue - why not send out a correction email explaining? They are basically clogging their phone lines for no reason.

I will give you a follow up to our incorrect 125% FCC amount.  

Issue 1: Spent 20 mins on hold this morning and got a very rude agent.  She placed me on hold and then somehow got “disconnected.”  I am off today and was willing to spend all day on the phone until we got this sorted out.  

Call number 2- I was on hold 40 mins this time, but got a very friendly English speaking man.  He looked up our amounts and apologized and said they were in fact incorrect.  He resubmitted our FCC request, but said it could take up to 3 weeks... ughhh

Issue 2: My son and daughter were in the adjoining room next to us and we got their FC credit 2 weeks ago (which was the correct amount).  I followed the instructions online and applied both their FCC’s for our cruise in November.  My son’s came back the same day with the credit, but my daughters never did.  So I asked him about that as well.  He said I needed to re-apply my daughter’s certificate.  I tried multiple times and it kept coming back with an oops message.  Finally, this afternoon it worked!  Yay!  Point is, keep an eye on them when you apply them.  

Issue 3:  We had 2 random refunds on my CC a few days ago and I inquired as to what they were.  Turns out they issued a separate refund for gratuities and one for taxes and port fees.  Just for our room.  So I asked about the Protection Plan.  He said it’s a third party vendor and could take a few extra weeks to see that refund.  As far as my son and daughter’s room it still showed pending for their grat and tax refunds.  

Clearly there is no order for these things and you have to pay close attention.  

Issue 4: Our 125% Cruise Planner Credit.  This one annoyed me the most as there are some great sales going on right now.  I told the gentleman I was told over a month ago that the credit would be issued when my FCC was issued.  Clearly it wasn’t.  He said all I can see is that it still says pending and he had no clue when I would actually see the funds to be used for a future cruise.  

I am very “loyal to royal”, but I will say my frustration with this whole process is running on very thin ice.  I wish they would get their “stuff” together before they start offering all these programs that clearly their IT Dept has no way of handling.  

Hope this helps...

1 hour ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

I will give you a follow up to our incorrect 125% FCC amount.  

Issue 1: Spent 20 mins on hold this morning and got a very rude agent.  She placed me on hold and then somehow got “disconnected.”  I am off today and was willing to spend all day on the phone until we got this sorted out.  

Call number 2- I was on hold 40 mins this time, but got a very friendly English speaking man.  He looked up our amounts and apologized and said they were in fact incorrect.  He resubmitted our FCC request, but said it could take up to 3 weeks... ughhh

Issue 2: My son and daughter were in the adjoining room next to us and we got their FC credit 2 weeks ago (which was the correct amount).  I followed the instructions online and applied both their FCC’s for our cruise in November.  My son’s came back the same day with the credit, but my daughters never did.  So I asked him about that as well.  He said I needed to re-apply my daughter’s certificate.  I tried multiple times and it kept coming back with an oops message.  Finally, this afternoon it worked!  Yay!  Point is, keep an eye on them when you apply them.  

Issue 3:  We had 2 random refunds on my CC a few days ago and I inquired as to what they were.  Turns out they issued a separate refund for gratuities and one for taxes and port fees.  Just for our room.  So I asked about the Protection Plan.  He said it’s a third party vendor and could take a few extra weeks to see that refund.  As far as my son and daughter’s room it still showed pending for their grat and tax refunds.  

Clearly there is no order for these things and you have to pay close attention.  

Issue 4: Our 125% Cruise Planner Credit.  This one annoyed me the most as there are some great sales going on right now.  I told the gentleman I was told over a month ago that the credit would be issued when my FCC was issued.  Clearly it wasn’t.  He said all I can see is that it still says pending and he had no clue when I would actually see the funds to be used for a future cruise.  

I am very “loyal to royal”, but I will say my frustration with this whole process is running on very thin ice.  I wish they would get their “stuff” together before they start offering all these programs that clearly their IT Dept has no way of handling.  

Hope this helps...

I've been assured that the cruise planner credit will arrive may 15