Royal Caribbean Blog

Anthem & Potential Coronavirus

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

S: Good, actually, great news about your Anthem of the Seas sailing Good morning! Late last night, we sent you an email sharing the news that the New Jersey Health Authority advised us that they rec

Shoved off right on time at 3:00 on the dot. The Captain took us for a harbor tour around the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan.  The weather completely sucked but it was still a really nice trip.

No more updates for now so hopefully things have stabilized.  At this point they are refunding 2 days of cruise fare, 2 days of prepaid packages and reimbursing hotel and food up to $200.  They’ve can

Posted Images

@Coach9 What about all the people who are already there? Cancelling the cruise will not get them they time or travel fees back.

I also don't think that this situation was handled very poor. It is a unique situation, things can arise to stop anything from happening. I bet everyone would have been upset if RC didn't take all the precautions.

1 hour ago, groovybee said:

I don’t think they should cancel the cruise because that would be terrible for those who have travelled quite far to get here but I do think they need to do more by refunding us for more than 2 days since they are cutting an additional day in the Bahamas.

They'll refund port fees once the final itinerary is set. Honestly, I wouldn't care about missing Nassau, Bahamas. Departure at 2100 vs 1700 is around 28 or 29 hours late, also not horrible in my opinion.

However, that's easy for me to say sitting at home enjoying cocktails not in the middle of the situation.

I hope everyone sets sail tomorrow night and the cruise turns out to be awesome!

No more updates for now so hopefully things have stabilized.  At this point they are refunding 2 days of cruise fare, 2 days of prepaid packages and reimbursing hotel and food up to $200.  They’ve cancelled Nassau (yippee) and cut out 1 sea day.  IF things go smoothly tomorrow I think all will be well.  I have a 4:00 checkout at the hotel so if they begin boarding at 5:00 that should work out.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

No more updates for now so hopefully things have stabilized.  At this point they are refunding 2 days of cruise fare, 2 days of prepaid packages and reimbursing hotel and food up to $200.  They’ve cancelled Nassau (yippee) and cut out 1 sea day.  IF things go smoothly tomorrow I think all will be well.  I have a 4:00 checkout at the hotel so if they begin boarding at 5:00 that should work out.

Have a great time!! Hopefully the ship isn't full of grumpy people. I say a shortened cruise is still better than no cruise!

No new updates is good. At least they are trying to make the rest of the cruise as fun as possible. That is unless you have your heart set on Bahamas.

I have no doubt that the piece of mind you have from knowing they took every precaution will help to alleviate some grumpiness. Like @emsff02 said it is still a cruise.

15 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Are you guys at least doing something fun or relaxing? Unfortunately the weather has been crappy these past two days.

No, we don’t have a car and decided to just stick around the hotel. I will say, downtown Newark is quite an experience.  At least we will be thrilled to get out of here and get on the ship finally. 

No new updates so it looks like 5:00 today for boarding and 10PM departure.  Yippee !

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I will say, downtown Newark is quite an experience.  At least we will be thrilled to get out of here and get on the ship finally. 

Newark has a number of hidden gems, but many of them are...well hidden.  It is not a wonderful area for exploring without a local to guide you.  Hopefully there's enough to do on site and you're being well taken care of until tonight.  Bon voyage!

Update:

S: Here's the latest concerning your sailing on Anthem of the Seas.
We're still waiting on the conclusive results from the CDC from their office in Atlanta, GA. We're planning to announce the status of boarding at 1:30 PM EST today. If we do not have confirmation of when we can expect results, our plan is to delay boarding until tomorrow. If we do end up needing to delay boarding until Sunday, we will provide you with updated boarding times, itinerary, and compensation at 1:30 PM EST. If we have to delay further, and you no longer want to sail with us on Sunday, we completely understand, and you may cancel and receive a full refund. We are hopeful that we will not need to delay your vacation further, but we also don't want to have you start to make your way to the terminal only for us to find out that we won't have the test results this afternoon. We will continue to provide updates every hour. We greatly appreciate your patience and apologize for this situation.

Update:

We're still waiting for the results from the CDC. As we shared on our 11 AM update, if we do not have confirmation of when we can expect results by 1:30 PM, we are going with our alternate plan. At that time, we will provide you with updated boarding times, itinerary, and compensation. If we have to delay further, and you no longer want to sail, we completely understand, and you may cancel and receive a full refund. We will share another update at 1:00 PM EST or as soon as we hear from them, whichever comes first. Thanks for your patience and apologize for this situation.

37 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Update:

We're still waiting for the results from the CDC. As we shared on our 11 AM update, if we do not have confirmation of when we can expect results by 1:30 PM, we are going with our alternate plan. At that time, we will provide you with updated boarding times, itinerary, and compensation. If we have to delay further, and you no longer want to sail, we completely understand, and you may cancel and receive a full refund. We will share another update at 1:00 PM EST or as soon as we hear from them, whichever comes first. Thanks for your patience and apologize for this situation.

Thanks for posting the updates. Where are you getting them from? I looked on the official royal website but didn’t see anything. 

36 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

I Hope This Pandemic Will Cause The Cruise Prices To Go Down So I Can Go On More Cruises!!! 

This is nowhere near pandemic levels. A true pandemic would have rapidly infected many more countries and spread more rapidly than this has been doing. To see an example of a real pandemic, read about the Spanish Flu, the last true pandemic to hit humanity (although the 2009 swine flu outbreak is also considered a pandemic, it wasn't nearly as lethal).

It infected 500 million people around the world, or about 27% of the then world population of about 1.8 billion, including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million (about 3 to 6 percent of Earth's population at the time), making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.

Now Bermuda!

Should you chose to join us, our updated compensation is:

• A 50 % refund, which will be added to your Onboard Account as a refundable onboard credit.

• And, because we know that this is not how any of us wanted this to go, and we want you to give us another shot, we will be also provide you with a 50% future cruise credit.

• In addition, if you purchased an internet or beverage package, unlimited dining package, or pre-paid your gratuities, you’ll receive a prorated refund as a credit for the 3 days your cruise was shortened by to your Onboard Account.

• Any pre-purchased Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for the impacted ports will also be refunded to your Onboard Account.

All credits applied to your Onboard Account can be used anywhere onboard, and any unused credits will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 – 5 business days after the sailing ends.