Royal Caribbean Blog

5 minutes ago, Jmccaffrey said:

This may be answered somewhere i could not find it but here is my question.  I know u earn one point for everyday on the trip. My question is that I am looking at booking 3 rooms. Do I get 3 points or one per day?

Each person sailing gets one point per day - extra point per day is earned if sailing solo in a room - extra point per day earned if you are in a suite.

9 minutes ago, Jmccaffrey said:

This may be answered somewhere i could not find it but here is my question.  I know u earn one point for everyday on the trip. My question is that I am looking at booking 3 rooms. Do I get 3 points or one per day?

No. Each person only gets points for the cabin that they sail in. So even if you paid for 3 rooms, you only get points for the one room that your name is on.

• 4 weeks later...

As D+ I have to say we are somewhat disappointed.  D+, more likely than not apparently end up not allowed in concierge lounge.  Last cruise we were in an overcrowded Diamond Lounge.  Just rec'd notice that next cruise, the concierge lounge is only for suite guests and pinnacle.  When I contacted them with a suggestion of discounts on alcohol packages, to maybe relieve overcrowding, I was reminded that D and D+ get 30% off - onboard.  The price online for anyone, is almost always 30% off or more at some point before cruise.  The only other noticeable benefit I see is another day of internet, so that's up to you whether it's worth it.  I go on a cruise with a main goal of getting AWAY from it!

Unless there are specific extenuating circumstances, D+ are welcome in the Concierge Lounge. If the Concierge Lounge has been converted to a Suites Lounge (as it has on most of the Voyager and Freedom Class ships and all of the Oasis Class) then yes, the Suites Lounge is for Suites and Pinnacle Club members only.

Sometimes when the ship is expecting a very large volume of upper level C&A members, they will make special arrangements, but in general, the Concierge Club will welcome D+.

I’ve even read that some of the Vision Class ships have converted their Concierge Lounges to Suites Lounges.

18 minutes ago, marco said:

As D+ I have to say we are somewhat disappointed.  D+, more likely than not apparently end up not allowed in concierge lounge.  Last cruise we were in an overcrowded Diamond Lounge.  Just rec'd notice that next cruise, the concierge lounge is only for suite guests and pinnacle.  When I contacted them with a suggestion of discounts on alcohol packages, to maybe relieve overcrowding, I was reminded that D and D+ get 30% off - onboard.  The price online for anyone, is almost always 30% off or more at some point before cruise.  The only other noticeable benefit I see is another day of internet, so that's up to you whether it's worth it.  I go on a cruise with a main goal of getting AWAY from it!

Wait.....Diamond gets 30% off drink package on board? My first Diamond is next May on Symphony. I’ve not seen this discount. 

And to add: the 3 free drinks for Diamond still warranted the purchase of the drink package for us. 

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I don’t think Diamond level qualifies for the 30% off DBP.  I believe that is just for D+. Pennies get 40% off.

Thanks I’ve got it booked at the moment at 25% off. It’s Symphony so doubt it’ll get to the magical 30%. Possibly Black Friday. I’ll be on the lookout. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 30% off was offered when we were D members, but we had to inquire at Guest Relations.  As I stated earlier, this is 30% off the onboard price, which has always been less of a discount than we received purchasing it ahead of time online.  One time the price dropped right before the cruise and by the time I got online it was too close to get it at that price, but Guest Services was gracious enough to give it to us for the sale price which was lower that 30% off.

I am Diamond and heading to Diamond +. I think it is worth it to get into the  Concierge Lounge and that perk alone makes it worth to for me for Diamond +. We always travel on the Oasis and Quantum class of ships. I think it is a matter of preference and what is important to each cruiser.....I like all the perks I am currently receiving in Diamond too and going to plus is another cherry on the cake.