Interesting... when Royal Caribbean announced the cancellation of five Liberty of the Seas sailings to extend her Royal Amplification, they quietly added Jewel of the Seas to Galveston for several months to pick up the slack! Jewel arrives from Rome on 11 Dec 2020 and will run sailings from Galveston ranging from 7 to 11 nights until 22 Mar 2021.  Then she appears to reposition back to Europe (although a repositioning cruise from Galveston is not currently available to book).

It's also very interesting to me that the Royal Amplification for Liberty of the Seas appears to be during the period from 10 Jan to 21 Mar 2021 (based on available booking options).  That's 70 days.  Assuming some transit time to the shipyard, this is about as long as the 63 day Amplification of Oasis.  This must be a big-time Amplification for Liberty of the Seas!

12 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

Interesting... when Royal Caribbean announced the cancellation of five Liberty of the Seas sailings to extend her Royal Amplification, they quietly added Jewel of the Seas to Galveston for several months to pick up the slack! Jewel arrives from Rome on 11 Dec 2020 and will run sailings from Galveston ranging from 7 to 11 nights until 22 Mar 2021.  Then she appears to reposition back to Europe (although a repositioning cruise from Galveston is not currently available to book).

It's also very interesting to me that the Royal Amplification for Liberty of the Seas appears to be during the period from 10 Jan to 21 Mar 2021 (based on available booking options).  That's 70 days.  Assuming some transit time to the shipyard, this is about as long as the 63 day Amplification of Oasis.  This must be a big-time Amplification for Liberty of the Seas!

Great news! Thanks for sharing.

58 minutes ago, Galveston Steve said:

Some have asked where the new Terminal 3 will be located at the Port of Galveston.  First is a big picture view, followed by a more detailed view.

1738881831_GalvestonOverview.thumb.png.2a23b2f1f921f981417ea6420b47ef81.png

36249596_GalvestonTerminals.thumb.png.fc800e706a7eb98172b7f6342e24346f.png

Thanks for this info.  Have you heard whether the Terminal 3 new surface parking lot will be secured - fenced in, like the official Port of Galveston parking?

17 minutes ago, Zurc said:

Thanks for this info.  Have you heard whether the Terminal 3 new surface parking lot will be secured - fenced in, like the official Port of Galveston parking?

I have not heard specifically, but certainly it will be fenced and secured for liability reasons.  Also, the Port will be building an additional parking garage near the existing cruise terminals.

1 minute ago, Galveston Steve said:

I have not heard specifically, but certainly it will be fenced and secured for liability reasons.  Also, the Port will be building an additional parking garage near the existing cruise terminals.

Thanks!  I appreciate all your informative posts!

Wow, big news for Galveston on the Short Caribbean deployments!  Adventure returns to Galveston newly Amplified and will sail along with the Amplified Allure beginning in Nov 2021!  And the newly Amplified Explorer will sail from Galveston for the Summer of 2021!

There are now six Royal Caribbean ships slated to sail from Galveston:

Current Ships

• Liberty of the Seas - 154,407 GT - 3,648 Passengers - 7 night sailings (Royal Amplification 10 Jan to 21 Mar 2021. Repositions to Miami 31 Oct 2021)
  • Enchantment of the Seas - 82,910 GT - 2,284 Passengers - 4-5 night sailings (Repositions to San Juan Nov 2020)

Future Deployments 

• Jewel of the Seas - 90,090 GT - 2,191 Passengers - 7-11 night sailings (Arrives from Rome 11 Dec 2020, apparently repositioning to Europe 22 Mar 2021)
  • Adventure of the Seas - 137,276 GT - 3,114 Passengers - 4-5 night sailings (Arrives 16 Nov 2020. Repositions to Copenhagen 21 Apr 2021. Returns to Galveston Amplified 13 Nov 2021.)
  • Explorer of the Seas - 137,308 GT - 3,286 Passengers - 4-5 night sailings (Arrives Amplified 5 May 2021. Repositions to Miami 25 Oct 2021.)
  • Allure of the Seas - 225,300 GT - 5,484 Passengers- 7 night sailings (Arrives Amplified 10 Nov 2021)

Galveston Steve - 

we’ve read Royal is rethinking 2020 capital expenditures.   What is the word in Galveston regarding Terminal 3?  Understand Royal is still in the due diligence time period.   Is Terminal 3 build still a go for this year, or are they considering canceling (postponing) the terminal ?

19 minutes ago, Zurc said:

Galveston Steve - 

we’ve read Royal is rethinking 2020 capital expenditures.   What is the word in Galveston regarding Terminal 3?  Understand Royal is still in the due diligence time period.   Is Terminal 3 build still a go for this year, or are they considering canceling (postponing) the terminal ?

I have seen no announcement on any changes at Galveston so far. Your point is a good one and in these times anything seems possible. The contract has been formally signed and construction was scheduled to begin next month. I don’t know what contractural ability Royal would have to delay or cancel at this point. 

On 3/15/2020 at 10:40 AM, Galveston Steve said:

I have seen no announcement on any changes at Galveston so far. Your point is a good one and in these times anything seems possible. The contract has been formally signed and construction was scheduled to begin next month. I don’t know what contractural ability Royal would have to delay or cancel at this point. 

Well, looks like a delay for Terminal 3.   Capitol Project on hold; due diligence period extension to April 9, 2021 requested by RC.  

details on slide 31 in link below. 

https://www.portofgalveston.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/3347?fileID=5011

Completely  understandable as a business decision, but I was sure looking forward to my Allure cruise next November.     Now the guessing begins - will Liberty of the Seas fall 2021 schedule be redeployed back to Galveston?    

Disappointing, but certainly understandable.

"Royal Caribbean Cruises has asked the Port of Galveston for a yearlong extension to begin construction on its new $100 million cruise terminal."

https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_3110ec89-1a5f-5cc1-a4f6-2d81dad146af.html