"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

8 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I sure hope you perk up a little before we get to LaBamba!  You look like someone who had a bad experience checking into their hotel!  Geeeeeeeez!!!

LOL! Love this one! 

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

Sawgrass is in Ft Lauderdale, correct?   Last time we stayed in Miami and we went to the Dolphin mall which was really nice, but we are staying in FLL this year so we'll definitely wander over to check this one out. 

Oh...it's CRUISE DAY!!!! Enjoy your breakfast and get to the port!! 

Yes, Sawgrass is in Fort Lauderdale. It was about a 45 min Lyft ride to there and back. And Yes! It’s cruise day! 

15 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So happy! As I told @asquared17 in her blog, I had really hoped that Oasis would be parked the other way facing Miami when it’s our turn to board. The picture isn’t great, but it looks like she is!! It’s going to be a great sail away! 

I’ll be watching on the webcam!  Sail always are the best from Miami ❤️.

23 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So happy! As I told @asquared17 in her blog, I had really hoped that Oasis would be parked the other way facing Miami when it’s our turn to board. The picture isn’t great, but it looks like she is!! It’s going to be a great sail away! 

ITS. FINALLY. CRUISE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i think you’ll get the turn around too!!!!

21 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’ll be watching on the webcam!  Sail always are the best from Miami ❤️.

Totally agree! Miami is our favourite backdrop for sail away! 

15 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

ITS. FINALLY. CRUISE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i think you’ll get the turn around too!!!!

Looks like it! ❤️

15 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Are you the only one awake and excited to get to the port?  Please tell me you’ve been screaming IT’S CRUISE DAY!!! And have woken everyone in the hotel up 😂

I have been making noise since 6:55am. We ate breakfast and now just back in the room packing up last minute stuff. We ran into the hotel manager in the club lounge earlier and he assured us that everything is fine with our reservation. So we don’t have to rush as much to check out now. Planning to leave here around 10am. 

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

By around 4pm, everyone was shopped out, and tired, so we headed to La Bamba!!! Best part of the day. I tried something different tonight. I got the fish tacos and really liked it. Usually, the chimichanga is my go to, but I wasn’t feeling it today. Thank you to @LandstromCruise and @AGSLC5 for leading us this way. The family sends their thanks as well. 

I am very Glad you got to go to La Bamba. Also good idea you went at 4:00PM. On Saturdays as soon as it becomes 6:00 there is always a wait. Enjoy the rest of your vacation I can't wait to see some pics from the Royal Loft!!

We are on board! Well we were actually on board a while ago. Got here around the same time as Andrew and Lisa and we all boarded together with Shane. That was just before 11am. 

Our luggage arrived just after us, so very quick. Less than 30 mins after we arrived in our suite. 

The room is awesome! Just finally getting a chance to sit down now and soak it in a bit as I write this. Yeah, I am not leaving this room for the next 7 days. Kids said this room doesn’t even feel like we are on a ship. 

Lunch was at Portside BBQ. And best part? Shane had time to join us for lunch! 
b7bd19d0-04a4-4929-9e31-991389f74a96.thumb.jpeg.bde67b833e865dfdfa7e27fc37b7ab88.jpeg

Off to Next Cruise now. Will post room pics when I return from there. Get ready for a massive photo dump. 😉

Shane also mentioned that the captain has decided to push back sail away until 6pm because of all the flight delays from yesterday. Not sure if that is because they have a large number of guests who booked through Air2Sea? I thought that was rather interesting that they would do that. Really nice of them. 

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@amanuel2992 not to worry, D15 has set herself up on the balcony and is making good use of it already! 
Two out of four of us are causalities of the time change. D17 and Hubby are both sound asleep 😴😂

Off to NC now! 

Asleep!!  Boarding day is the best time for flowrider. He needs to get that blue band early!!  So what is getting booked at this trip to next cruise? 

Have a great cruise!! I only have a few minutes, Its Johnny's birthday tomorrow so we are celebrating today with the family.  I'm in full land genie mode, chef (he requested fettuccine alfredo with chicken and broccoli), party planner etc. etc...then I have to work tomorrow. The amount of reading I will have to do on Tuesday is going to be nuts! Sail away into the turning basin from your balcony is going to be great, especially later in the evening. So Jealous!

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Shane also mentioned that the captain has decided to push back sail away until 6pm because of all the flight delays from yesterday. Not sure if that is because they have a large number of guests who booked through Air2Sea? I thought that was rather interesting that they would do that. Really nice of them. 

This happened to us also; I think it was with Shane on Oasis in 2021.  If not it was HM the following year. 

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Fantastic way to start a cruise. Tell Shane hi! 

21 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Lunch was at Portside BBQ.

Looks great every time I see it... maybe someday.

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

D17 and Hubby are both sound asleep

OMG! This ranks up there with eating before embarking! You can sleep at home! 🤯🤣

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Off to NC now!

Happy shopping!

26 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Asleep!!  Boarding day is the best time for flowrider. He needs to get that blue band early!!  So what is getting booked at this trip to next cruise? 

He is not in a rush because he is joining Andrew and Owen for the private session tomorrow. At least that is what he said 🤷🏻‍♀️

We booked SY for July 2025. 

26 minutes ago, GregD said:

I'm in full land genie mode, chef (he requested fettuccine alfredo with chicken and broccoli), party planner etc. etc...then I have to work tomorrow.

That sounds like way too much work! 

23 minutes ago, Jax said:

Fantastic way to start a cruise. Tell Shane hi! 

Will do! 

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looks great every time I see it... maybe someday.

That might require you to sail out somewhere other than PC lol

13 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That might require you to sail out somewhere other than PC lol

Yeah, I was on Oasis twice but it was in 2017. 😭

I'd rather have Mason Jar for now. Maybe after I've eaten there 7 times I'll feel differently... maybe not. Could also compromise and try the BBQ at Mason Jar for dinner at some point though people seem to enjoy the Portside BBQ far more.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We are on board! Well we were actually on board a while ago. Got here around the same time as Andrew and Lisa and we all boarded together with Shane. That was just before 11am. 

Our luggage arrived just after us, so very quick. Less than 30 mins after we arrived in our suite. 

The room is awesome! Just finally getting a chance to sit down now and soak it in a bit as I write this. Yeah, I am not leaving this room for the next 7 days. Kids said this room doesn’t even feel like we are on a ship. 

b7bd19d0-04a4-4929-9e31-991389f74a96.thumb.jpeg.bde67b833e865dfdfa7e27fc37b7ab88.jpeg

Off to Next Cruise now. Will post room pics when I return from there. Get ready for a massive photo dump. 😉

Can't wait.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

He is not in a rush because he is joining Andrew and Owen for the private session tomorrow. At least that is what he said

Is that the Star Class session or did they rent out a private session?

Oh and so nice Shane could join you for lunch! I'm guessing there was no charge for him to join you?

I ask because we've taken our Haven Butler to dinner at a specialty restaurant and we paid the full cover (which sort of ticked me off. You'd think they would give us her employee discount 😆).

9 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Oh and so nice Shane could join you for lunch! I'm guessing there was no charge for him to join you?

I ask because we've taken our Haven Butler to dinner at a specialty restaurant and we paid the full cover (which sort of ticked me off. You'd think they would give us her employee discount 😆).

I have no idea if there was a charge for him or not. We never got a bill 🤷🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sail away now delayed until 7-7:30pm. Need to revise dinner plans….

This is great! Well, not that you have to revise plans, but that they are waiting. We sailed out of Copenhagen one year (my fave!), and we had about 150 people on our cruise that were flying JFK to Copenhagen. Their flight was supposed to get in on Sunday (cruise left Tuesday), and we sat at the dock waiting for them to 8:30 when they all made it onboard. Yes, their flight was delayed > 48 hours (Norwegian Air ... the airline, not the cruise line).  No one cared. We all had the drink package and were cheering them on! It was kind of cool!

15 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

That was my thought .... and my next one was .... since he rented the FlowRider, did this mean you rent a cabana now too? 😆

I wish! The cabana is a no go. 

11 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

This is great!

I thought so too! This is a really good thing they are doing for those who are already feeling very stressed. I still want to know how many of those we are waiting for are air2sea people.