Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

It was about the same as Sorrentos. Nice to have a shake up in options but it was still meh.

That's a bummer. I almost booked it for freedom as a break up but not worth the price if the food is meh.....since I'm also not a beach person

Random thoughts, questions...

Anyone on this sailing also on the Inaugural Star of the Seas sailing? Will you still go?

Ben and David did a video stating Royal capped this sailing and a few more moving forward at 80%. Can you honestly see yourself on this ship at 100% ? I am truly curious because while I love to sail, I'm confident this type of ship isn't for me. 

It's perplexing to me why Royal puts their suites and suites neighborhoods where they do. 

On the older classes they are under the pool deck, on this in the front. I'm finding I'm a fan of deck 17 Oasis class more now then ever. 

2 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Random thoughts, questions...

Anyone on this sailing also on the Inaugural Star of the Seas sailing? Will you still go?

Ben and David did a video stating Royal capped this sailing and a few more moving forward at 80%. Can you honestly see yourself on this ship at 100% ? I am truly curious because while I love to sail, I'm confident this type of ship isn't for me. 

It's perplexing to me why Royal puts their suites and suites neighborhoods where they do. 

On the older classes they are under the pool deck, on this in the front. I'm finding I'm a fan of deck 17 Oasis class more now then ever. 

We had Star inaugural booked. But we let it go for Celebrity Beyond. We are not one and done on Icon class though. My kids will like this ship. I already know it. I just don’t know how much I like it. 

1 minute ago, jbrinkm said:

This picture is gorgeous - could be used in a promotional brochure!

📸Hubby 🙂

2 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I booked for this May 4th on day one Oct 2022 and thank God! $1150 per person for interior GTY. I feel like we won the lottery compared to everyone else. No way I would pay $6k for a week. So glad I got caught up in the day one booking hype around here.

I did same.  Was able to get ocean view balcony for me and hubby for $1500pp which we booked October 2022 also.

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Big thumbs down for this area for reasons already mentioned in this live blog. The stars here go to the crew.

Looks like it's unnecessarily crowded with oversized chairs... not that I'll ever be there.

This reminded me to ask... do you happen to know the names of the CK manager and/or supervisor? I get the positions mixed up but we got to know one very well on Wonder and he said he was opening Icon along with some of his staff. My eyes are too terrible to read name tags so I'll butcher the spelling but his name was Vinay and he was from India. I already know one of the SL concierges we had is onboard. Not important, just curious.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looks like it's unnecessarily crowded with oversized chairs... not that I'll ever be there.

This reminded me to ask... do you happen to know the names of the CK manager and/or supervisor? I get the positions mixed up but we got to know one very well on Wonder and he said he was opening Icon along with some of his staff. My eyes are too terrible to read name tags so I'll butcher the spelling but his name was Vinay and he was from India. I already know one of the SL concierges we had is onboard. Not important, just curious.

None of them are here. There are wait staff from Wonder here. Many of the crew we recognize from other CK in the fleet. Our waiter this week in CK, we have had him 3 other times on other sailings. But the manager is Margaret and I have never seen her before anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

None of them are here. There are wait staff from Wonder here. Many of the crew we recognize from other CK in the fleet. Our waiter this week in CK, we have had him 3 other times on other sailings. But the manager is Margaret and I have never seen her before anywhere. 

Weird. Oh well, I gave it a shot, thanks. I won't ask you to track down a waiter named Jimmy but he was another member of that stellar crew.

16 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It appears that there are exactly 4 actual chairs in the Aqua Theater ?  ....and they appear to be in the splash zone ?  Those benches look really uncomfortable.

Yeah I like how in aqua theater they had a row of chairs in between each row of bleacher seating.  While there are a few chairs spots, some up behind the bleachers it appears, to me it doesn't look like enough.  And it also just seems like a lot less seating that the aqua theater.  

21 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Yeah I like how in aqua theater they had a row of chairs in between each row of bleacher seating.  While there are a few chairs spots, some up behind the bleachers it appears, to me it doesn't look like enough.  And it also just seems like a lot less seating that the aqua theater.  

All the seating behind the first row of benches (the only rows with.a back) isn't even part of the reserved seats. Those are free for anyone to grab without reservations. Everything else going on in the Aquadome is still open during the show.  Hooked is located in there and they have placards on their tables indicating those tables are for the restaurant. 

26 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Regardless, Icon looks ugly imo, like I get she's supposed to be the latest and greatest. But she actually doesn't look nice. I daresay even the Radiance class ships look prettier.

At least my personal opinion anyway.

53 minutes ago, Jamesszy94 said:

Regardless, Icon looks ugly imo, like I get she's supposed to be the latest and greatest. But she actually doesn't look nice. I daresay even the Radiance class ships look prettier.

I agree. Way back in this blog I mentioned that I will be calling her Popeye of the Seas. I think the aqua dome just looks ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 your skin looks amazing. The pictures are great. But that Aquadome looks small.

Thanks ❤️ Eminence products. Amazing! I really want to know the capacity vs. Oasis class. 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

It appears that there are exactly 4 actual chairs in the Aqua Theater ?  ....and they appear to be in the splash zone ?  Those benches look really uncomfortable.

There are 4 chairs on each side and some at the back. 

1 hour ago, F1guynz said:

And I understand the pool is smaller too with less margin for error.

That is what they said last night .