BLACK FRIDAY

RCARD

For our trip on Oasis in Feb 2023, we got great deals on excursions like 50% off some Coco Cay and Labadee excursions. 

The drinks package only went to BOGO 50% off which we purchased but later cancelled and re booked at 30% off...

I think we actually got a really good deal too on an "Anniversary Package", i.e., decorations, chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of Moet for €80. 

I didn't check very hard to see what cruise deals there were but from bried recollection there was nothing out of the ordinary to the deals that pop up from time to time each month.

10 minutes ago, Rackham said:

It crashed thanks to too many people trying to give Royal their money. From what I recall, many prices trended upward during the crash and Royal, of course, didn't honor the prices which were available before the crash occurred.

Oh I do I kinda remember that. What a mess that was. 😲

16 hours ago, GAPEACHNTX said:

I recently missed the 20% off deal on the refreshment package. Any idea on how often they offer the discounts? My sail date is in April so I still have time just don't want to miss out on a good deal. 🙂

There are "sales" every 2 to 3 weeks. Black Friday often offers some good deals on cruise planner items but not always and not always the best ones. It's very important that you check prices at least every couple of days so that you're aware of how much they're selling for in the run-up to the sale.

And when I say prices, I mean the bottom line, not however much % discount they're offering because they manipulate those figures so that most of the time you're not getting the deal you thought you were getting.

On 11/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, GAPEACHNTX said:

I recently missed the 20% off deal on the refreshment package. Any idea on how often they offer the discounts? My sail date is in April so I still have time just don't want to miss out on a good deal. 🙂

Those deals come back around pretty often, as long as you have some time to watch it.  Last time, I booked a cruise on 4/7, for  late August. I saw the sales for the drink package cycle through 3 times. Lowest was  30 %  off. And there was a  Buy One, get other  50% off. 

I've been checking drinks and internet packages since June for a cruise I'm taking in January. Whether it says 20%, 30% or 40% off, no matter what the percentage off says the packages always end up costing the exact same amount. It's that Royal Caribbean math, a sale is never really a sale. 

Kate

21 minutes ago, Katiemay0101 said:

I've been checking drinks and internet packages since June for a cruise I'm taking in January. Whether it says 20%, 30% or 40% off, no matter what the percentage off says the packages always end up costing the exact same amount. It's that Royal Caribbean math, a sale is never really a sale. 

Kate

For the most part that seems to be the case, not always but not close. 

Last year for us and our two-cruises booked...Our Black Friday Sale on 21 Nov 22 showed..

1. Booze package went down from $79.99 to $74.99.

2. Internet went down from $21.99 to $13.99 (We bought for both cruises)

3. Unlimited dinning went down from $208.99 to $177.99

4. 3-night dinning stayed the same at $105.99

5 Chops single night stayed the same at $49.99.

We keep a spreadsheet and track Royal Fuzy Math

12 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

13.99 for Internet! 😲 Oh my goodness would that be awesome to find that deal. 

As someone who doesn't buy much pre-cruise, I would love to see that.

I'm afraid this year's deals won't be that great but hopefully I'm wrong. I didn't expect the random dining sales they recently had at the end of October so who knows? 🤞

4 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

It's currently at $17.99.

Much higher on my upcoming Wonder cruises... It was bouncing between $20.99 and $19.99 and then recently went up $3.

Just like when the base price for Mason Jar brunch went from $24.99 to $34.99 one day several months ago and when the Playmakers prices all went up a few dollars per item.

I suggest buying anything you know you want during a "normal" boring sale and then cancelling and re-booking if Black Friday or another sale is good to us. It's hard to trust the "base price" to remain in place these days.

41 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I got it for 11.99 but that was very early on in the sale just before the whole system crashed. When they finally got it up and running again, it had gone up to 13.99.

I have not seen it anywhere near that price since. Keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming BF sale. However, I noticed they have increased the price of internet on my next couple of sailings, I imagine in order to offer a "sale" price that will be the same as they've been selling it at for months. 🥴

34 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Much higher on my upcoming Wonder cruises... It was bouncing between $20.99 and $19.99 and then recently went up $3.

Same on my upcoming Symphony and Anthem cruises. It's just so they can generously offer a bigger discount during the BF sale. I'm still holding out in the probably vain hope of it dropping below $19.99. 😕

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

As someone who doesn't buy much pre-cruise, I would love to see that.

I'm afraid this year's deals won't be that great but hopefully I'm wrong. I didn't expect the random dining sales they recently had at the end of October so who knows? 🤞

But it says it'll be the biggest one yet!! They don't just throw words like that around!! lol....image.thumb.png.7b3d9e4dd51f2b30c29fda1a0e5d85f9.png

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I got it for 11.99 but that was very early on in the sale just before the whole system crashed. When they finally got it up and running again, it had gone up to 13.99.

I have not seen it anywhere near that price since. Keeping my fingers crossed for the upcoming BF sale. However, I noticed they have increased the price of internet on my next couple of sailings, I imagine in order to offer a "sale" price that will be the same as they've been selling it at for months. 🥴

I ended up getting it for $10.99 (pp/pd) with a one person, four device package. It didn't make any sense. There was nothing advertised at that price - it was a pure glitch. I think when I bought it, the advertised was $13.99 for first and $11.99 for the additional lines but when I paid the final price and then divided the nights and 4 lines, it came out to $10.99 per line per night. 

ETA: found my receipt, added pic (this was a 7 night cruise)

2023-11-06(1).png.078293810aefc4fbd9f22e211e6eec0e.png

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I paid $237 for 3-device packages last bf sale. I also got 24pk of water for $14. I am hoping for something like $14/17 this year.

These are literally the only two things I'm looking for. We decided we aren't doing a drink package of any kind for the next one since two of the days will be in Bermuda, so think a case of water and maybe 1 wifi for the kid.  

3 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Last year I braced for tepid Black Friday offerings and pleasantly surprised to get soda package for $6.99 , internet for $13 a day and the Labadee zip line for 50% off.

Hopefully this year will bring something good.

50% off anything this year will still be double the price it was last year.

4 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Perhaps ... but still expensive.

How so? Internet at 50% off would be maybe a couple dollars per day more than the prices people are sharing from last year.

Prices for add-ons have definitely gone up but getting 50% off nearly anything right now would still be a pretty good deal in my book.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

How so? Internet at 50% off would be maybe a couple dollars per day more than the prices people are sharing from last year.

Prices for add-ons have definitely gone up but getting 50% off nearly anything right now would still be a pretty good deal in my book.

Casita - Sea Days  From  $450.00 / per package

Maybe not for everything across the board but this was about $125 last year.