CocoCay prices went up

4 hours ago, teddy said:

As much as I really liked sub $75 Beach Club passes, people must be paying these prices. 

I remember my wife and I agreeing that we would pay as much as $100 pp for the Beach Club if we were there with two full ships (and thinking we were nuts to do so).  🤣

Right before I read your comment I said to myself: "Are people paying these prices?"....Apparently they are!! That's the only way RCCL is getting away charging these prices. However, I don't judge the the people who feel it's worth it or simply feel: "I can afford it, so...." I booked a Hillside Cabana on Labadee at a price I never thought I would pay(not $3000 BTW) but did so because it will be our 1st time to Labadee and my 35th anniversary....so I splurged!!

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm glad I got to do the beach club at $79 to then know I'd never do it for more than that.

We got the Beach Club at $88 for our Nov 2023 Wonder sailing, which is less than what we paid in 2022. So we're happy. $300 might be a little too rich for my blood....

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Alaska 2024 excursions are 2 to 3 times previous prices.   They'll need to give away cabins for free to keep excursions this high.  

I was just checking on my May Alaska excursions.  The duck tour price just went up crazy.   Lucky I booked it ahead.

I've been to the beach club twice, and it is great.  Both times I paid less than $100 for it.  I am going to Coco Cay in August with a big group and we are just doing the Oasis Lagoon pool area.  I am hoping that is nice because I have two future cruises after this one with stops at Coco Cay and the recent prices for the beach club ($225 and up) are crazy and it's just not worth it at that price point in my opinion.  As others have mentioned, people are paying it or the prices would be lower.  But to pay around $1,000 for a family of 4 to go to the beach club is just nuts to me.  There are better ways to spend that money on a cruise.  

2 hours ago, JBC said:

I am going to Coco Cay in August with a big group and we are just doing the Oasis Lagoon pool area.  I am hoping that is nice because I have two future cruises after this one with stops at Coco Cay

Check out the different areas around the pool. Some are louder than others (proximity to the DJ), some are closer or farther from Chill Grill, the nearest snack shack, the Oasis bar, etc. Your group may prefer one spot to another based on personal preference.

My wife and I now have a favorite spot where we have camped out on our last 3 trips to CocoCay. We had a OTW Cabana last May which was great and we enjoyed the Beach Club food (this was courtesy of my generous FIL on a family cruise) but we have just as much fun and enjoy the included food without spending a penny (besides tipping for Diamond drinks).

For our May 2019 cruise the water park could have been booked for about $25.  One of my cruises now has it for $140!  We did it Nov 2022 over Thanksgiving for $50 and didn't even think it was worth that.  I'll stick with the free stuff (well except the day bed....I have that booked to try out for my December cruise).

Oh wait we also have scuba booked...last year it was $37, this year $67.  But even that isn't a bad price so I'm fine with that increase.

At least the tacos are complimentary. The overwater cabanas are a great experience but not a $3-$4k great experience. I don’t have a whole lot of hope that prices will trend down when people are more than willing to pay these prices. When I scope out the prices many of the cabana choices have only a couple left before they are sold out. Amazing.