Cruise Planner Sale

Eamon

I was able to find a couple items for a few dollars cheaper.

However, I found an excursion that I really want to book.  The website says it cannot charge my credit card at this time.  I called, and they had the same problem. The agent said this has been an ongoing issue for the past 3 days for certain sailings.  This is very frustrating as the excursion went on sale today and already 6 of the 7 time slots are sold out.

7 hours ago, Eamon said:

@steverk and @deep1  hope the glitches get cleared up for you to book those extras! 

Thanks for the well wishes. 

It looks like a lost cause in my case.  Overnight, the remaining slots sold out, so people were able to book even though I couldn't.  I'm going to express my frustrations with Royal, but I doubt there's much they can do. Nanortalik Greenland only has 1000 residents. It is unlikely they can find anyone to expand the tour, and I don't expect them to bump someone off for me. 😞 

The Crown and Anchor agent suggested I wait until I get on board in case someone cancels. Doesn't seem promising.

• 2 months later...
40 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Just noticed a new sale in cruise planner.  Guessing this is the July 4th sale starting early?  Nothing good for any of my cruises!  All my purchases are still cheaper than what is advertised now.   Blaming it inflation…

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/Snapshot_of_CruisePlanner_Jun28.pdf

7 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

O.O how did you find that?!

There's a travel agent website that has all the sale flyers posted.

I'm not sure if it's a no-no to post it (I'm not a travel agent but it's not password protected or anything). It has to do with always being loyal if you want to play around with google. Or maybe I'm just being silly and someone else will share it.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

There's a travel agent website that has all the sale flyers posted.

I'm not sure if it's a no-no to post it (I'm not a travel agent but it's not password protected or anything). It has to do with always being loyal if you want to play around with google. Or maybe I'm just being silly and someone else will share it.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/ ?The official RCCL travel agent site? I imagine it's kosher, because otherwise it'd require a password to see.

7 minutes ago, Rackham said:

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/ ?The official RCCL travel agent site? I imagine it's kosher, because otherwise it'd require a password to see.

Yep, that's the one. I did say I was probably being silly.

The links to the GGG sale and F&F sales have been out there for years, I just rarely see the main site posted.

18 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I can't see any sales because my cruise disappeared from app & site today. Hopefully it is part of the same glitch others are experiencing. I have an email into my TA...

Ok, whew, my cruise is back, but no good sales for me. Cruising 2024 spring break time period so that doesn't surprise me. I'll wait for Thanksgiving weekend.

35 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Ok, whew, my cruise is back, but no good sales for me. Cruising 2024 spring break time period so that doesn't surprise me. I'll wait for Thanksgiving weekend.

I’m in the same boat. Not expecting much for spring break or summers on Wonder. Pessimistic about Black Friday but seems like our only shot.

43 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Wow Quantum in September has the DBP down to $62.99pp/pd! That’s the cheapest I’ve seen it since 2020. Guessing it’s because people don’t drink as heavily in Alaska? 

Two of us in our group just checked (Quantum in Sept) and both of us were shown $66.99 as the price...?

41 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Guessing it’s because people don’t drink as heavily in Alaska? 

Weather in September up there is tricky. Some cruises all you might be able to do is drink. First Alaska cruise we only made one port call and spent the rest of the time running from storms. Heavy rain and high waves closed all the pools.

26 minutes ago, PRMLVM said:

Two of us in our group just checked (Quantum in Sept) and both of us were shown $66.99 as the price...?

That is the usual non-sale price for our sailing (Sept 11). I have been keeping track since we booked last June when it started out at $71.99.

7 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

So when I posted last night…the sale was probably still getting loaded!  Because this morning the DBP is cheaper than it was on Black Friday when I originally purchased!  A few other items are too!  WooHoo  💥 

Three of my sailings have lowest price I know of for DBP so I'm rebooking (and booking for the just purchased cruise - told my friend to hold off earlier in the week when it was still $10/day more knowing the price would drop, but not knowing the bigger price drop would be coming!) Fourth one might be lowest price too, but hadn't booked that one yet since it was still so far out, but looks to be possibly lowest price so I'll probably book it too.

25 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I have been keeping track since we booked last June when it started out at $71.99.

I keep track of my purchases too through screenshots when purchasing, as well as a spreadsheet for all costs for price tracking each, including cruise price, beverage packages, excursions, etc.

3 hours ago, DDaley said:

That is the usual non-sale price for our sailing (Sept 11). I have been keeping track since we booked last June when it started out at $71.99.

I was just wondering why we saw $67 just 38 minutes after you saw $63.   I swear, I will never figure out how to price this stuff.

47 minutes ago, PRMLVM said:

I was just wondering why we saw $67 just 38 minutes after you saw $63.   I swear, I will never figure out how to price this stuff.

I am guessing your sailing must be selling the drink package a little better which is why my sale price is lower than yours! Do you happen to know how it was priced prior to this new sale? 

Guess the 4th O' July 'sale' overwhelmed Royal and their vaunted IT department...........or something. Mid afternoon Thursday, I took the e-mail bait and checked the blowout sales items (tongue in cheek) for our January '24 5 day on Mariner. Purchased an excursion for Cozumel, one dinner for Jamie's Italian, and the refreshment package. All incrementally cheaper than the last time I looked. Went to the cart to complete and submit the order and..............crickets. After about 3 minutes the page changed to say Royal couldn't complete the payment transaction and to call them to 'sort it out' (Oh, Gawd, not THAT!!!! 😱)

Strangely, the purchases are still in the CP cart, but Chase shows a pending charge against the card I used. No purchase confirmation e-mail from Royal to this point. I'll give them another 24 hours to sort it out and see if the charge actually posts to our Chase card. In the meantime, I'm sure as hell not hitting the purchase button in the CP cart again. Chase problem or Royal problem, we shall see.........

58 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I keep seeing people get the DBP for "the cheapest they've seen" but mine just keeps going back to the same price every sale... 

It's likely ship/date dependent. I have several Wonder cruises booked and/or on hold and my experience is like yours.

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

I keep seeing people get the DBP for "the cheapest they've seen" but mine just keeps going back to the same price every sale... 

I have one booked cruise where the DBP is the same sky high price it has always been (Eastern Caribbean 2025 $74.99) and the other dropped all the way down to $64.99 (Alaska 2023) which is the lowest I’ve personally seen a DBP go for in the past few years. Sounds like the majority of the price drops for the DBP are for 2023 Alaska sailings based on what I’ve seen and what others are posting.

4 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

I have one booked cruise where the DBP is the same sky high price it has always been (Eastern Caribbean 2025 $74.99) and the other dropped all the way down to $64.99 (Alaska 2023) which is the lowest I’ve personally seen a DBP go for in the past few years. Sounds like the majority of the price drops for the DBP are for 2023 Alaska sailings based on what I’ve seen and what others are posting.

Makes sense... mine is October to the Bahamas\Coco cay... the sale price has consistently been 72.99 which is what it shows again.  

19 hours ago, DDaley said:

I am guessing your sailing must be selling the drink package a little better which is why my sale price is lower than yours! Do you happen to know how it was priced prior to this new sale? 

The current "sale" price is the same price we purchased at a few months ago.  We've taken (or have booked) about six cruises since the start-up and have never seen the price decrease after we purchased it.  I even started a thread asking why I can't see "sale" prices - I only see my reserved price, but I was told there's nothing I'm doing wrong.

I'm seeing the lowest price I've seen before for the DBP across multiple sailings at $64.99. 

The big thing during this sale, for me, isn't even 4th of July sale related. Dining finally went on sale for my holiday sailing and nabbed a Christmas Day lunch reservation at Chops for the usual Chops lunch price. Xmas dinner is $99.99; a personal sized bottle of Moët & Chandon Champagne and a lobster tail isn't worth the upcharge. Not to mention missing the rare holiday menu in the MDR.

3 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I am quite disappointed to see that the soda package is still $9.99 per person per day. It was $7.99 back when we first booked the cruise and hasn't come back down since. *sigh* also nothing else available has moved with this new "sale"

this is the first sailing where the sales have been shyte

I noticed the soda package go up in April from $7.99/8.99 to $9.99/10.99 and I feel priced out. 

Being D+ and Prime has eliminated the value in the soda package for me. 

5 hours ago, Rackham said:

I'm seeing the lowest price I've seen before for the DBP across multiple sailings at $64.99. 

The big thing during this sale, for me, isn't even 4th of July sale related. Dining finally went on sale for my holiday sailing and nabbed a Christmas Day lunch reservation at Chops for the usual Chops lunch price. Xmas dinner is $99.99; a personal sized bottle of Moët & Chandon Champagne and a lobster tail isn't worth the upcharge. Not to mention missing the rare holiday menu in the MDR.

Yes, agreed on DBP - I just saw it for my sailing in a few weeks at $70.99, which is the lowest I've ever seen it since Black Friday. Not getting it, but it was interesting to see.

14 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I am quite disappointed to see that the soda package is still $9.99 per person per day. It was $7.99 back when we first booked the cruise and hasn't come back down since. *sigh* also nothing else available has moved with this new "sale"

this is the first sailing where the sales have been shyte

While I hate seeing the price of the soda package go up, I still see it as a huge value for me.  I'm an all day every day diet coke (ginger lime at freestyle) drinker.  I would exceed the 10 bucks before lunch every day paying by the glass.  I of course loved $7.99, but saw it as a steal of a price.

I feel like they are watching the gap between it and Refreshment to grab more in the higher non-alcoholic package.