Your Must Dos

Adriana

Hiya! What are some of your Must Do things on your cruise? Besides having to unpack and get everything right away, I have to get on deck and have a drink in hand to toast and give thanks to God as we sail away. I also must go running along the jogging deck at night, sit alone and take in the evening sky, go to at least one art auction and watch as we leave each port. I also must have creme brûlée, fruit smoothies, different teas and chillax with wine on the balcony or neat spot somewhere.  Oooh, and the thermal suite!! … What must you do? 

# 1 Find a chair or rail on the stern and watch the wake.  I find it very calming and relaxing.

# 2 A coco-loco from the pool bar before sail away

# 3 Read the Cruise Compass each night before bedtime and honestly think I will have time to do EVERYTHING I am interested in the next day. 

Must do!

The first thing we do as soon as we get onboard is find our dining area and check our table.  If it's not right or what we requested is very easy to get it fixed...A simple conversation with the head MDR person will get it fixed.   

If on an Oasis class ship, we've must get a roast beef sandwich from the Park Cafe.

Meet our room steward to make sure they keep our ice bucket full...Lol

Attend the Quest!  We are hoping they bring it back now that the Covid restrictions are going away.

assuming we're not up against any hard deadlines (like dining reservations or food venue before it gets too insane for the later boarding groups) we find a spot to grab a quick bite until they open the cabin.

after we've checked into cabin + (hopefully) unpacked -- first stop is schooner bar for a red stripe. i won't drink it any other time on board but it's tradition! the first drink to kick off the cruise is always a red stripe + always from schooner bar.

then we meander through the ship, usually boardwalk + central park, while finding snacks to soak up aforementioned red stripe so that i am not passed out for sailaway.

then i figuratively hold my breath until whatever florida port we have sailed out of is in the distance, and i can finally breathe and realize: hey. you made it. you're on vacation.

that's when i take off my watch for the rest of the cruise and realize that all the stress/angst, planning and lack of sleep finally paid off.

and then!!! we PARTY!  🥳

Breakfast on the balcony!

Starting the day with sun, sea and maybe a beautiful view of the port is both relaxing and exciting. I love to look out and remember that I'm on vacation and think about the day and enjoy the warmth and not have to hear the cling clang clung and chatter of other guests

@PRMLVM, the thermal suite is so wonderful, at least for me! I have only done it on the Anthem. I buy the full cruise pass (you can purchase by day). It gets you access to the thermal suite any time it is open. You can go to the lockers to drop off your stuff, shower if you like, have the special teas, flavored drinks or hang in the lounge area in the spa. In the thermal suite itself, there are maybe a half dozen thermal beds, showers with different settings like rain forest, storm, etc. They have spa music playing lightly. They also have a dry heat room and a sauna. I just chill on the bed, go to the different rooms for a bit, back to the bed, shower. I spend a good chunk of time in there. I find it to be so relaxing! It is one of my absolutely favorite parts of the cruise. Some feel it is a waste of time or money, don’t want to waste time in there with so much else going on or feel pressured to go if they paid for the full length of the cruise. Personally, a cruise is about relaxing and the thermal suite IS one of the things going on, so to speak. If you are not sure, just go to the spa and ask them to show it to you. Once you see it, you may feel one way or the other. I do love it! 

Anything you typically do right away? Not necessarily because you love it, but because you arrived early? I plan on getting there early, doing Key or UDP lunch but then not sure what to do solve I always begin with my “must dos” of unpacking, doing muster and getting things ready for the evening.