Jump to content

Bottled/canned water


Recommended Posts

I know some ships (maybe all) are transiting to canned water.

Can someone please tell me if Independence has canned or bottled water? My husband and I leave for Independence in 5 days and if they are canned water, I'll need to bring some tumblers for us (well me mainly). It's something about canned water and not being able to close it back up.

Thanks🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good question, Kayeigh.  I'm wondering if, when they say "Canned", does it mean the "Aluminum" type material.  I know there are some folks, like my father was, that can't put "Aluminum" on his lips.  It caused the nastiest sores on his lips and knowing such things beforehand would, like you, necessitate bring a tumbler or get something while on the ship.  Of course, if you get the drink package, you get a Coca-Cola tumbler in your cabin when you arrive. 

Happy sailing to you/all! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you!

I'm more concerned about the water being "left open". I'm weird (and extra 😆) when it comes to water. Mainly during the night if I need a drink, I don't have to worry about something floating in there.

I'll most likely bring my tumbler anyways (this time around we aren't buying any drink packages. We are just using our many OBCs)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

Thank you!

I'm more concerned about the water being "left open". I'm weird (and extra 😆) when it comes to water. Mainly during the night if I need a drink, I don't have to worry about something floating in there.

I'll most likely bring my tumbler anyways (this time around we aren't buying any drink packages. We are just using our many OBCs)

I hear ya.  That's one reason I really like drinking water from bottles, you can close them up as you go along.  Cans - well, if I can't/don't finish whatever is in it, I just throw it away especially carbonated drinks, they go flat and are nasty.  BTW, I don't throw away much beer, imagine that!  🤪🙃😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread make me think of a question.  Cans are what 8 - 12 oz., I remember when we would depart the ship at port(s) of call, they, the crew, would be at the exit/gangplank selling liter/2 liter bottles of water to take with you while in port.  I wonder what they do now? I don't think I want to carry around several "cans" of water OR one large "can" of water.  Like I said earlier, you can't seal off an open can of water.  Unless they have though of a work-around, I don't think I like this new policy.  Maybe they should sell beer cans as we exit the ship, no waste there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jay1021 said:

This thread make me think of a question.  Cans are what 8 - 12 oz., I remember when we would depart the ship at port(s) of call, they, the crew, would be at the exit/gangplank selling liter/2 liter bottles of water to take with you while in port.  I wonder what they do now? I don't think I want to carry around several "cans" of water OR one large "can" of water.  Like I said earlier, you can't seal off an open can of water.  Unless they have though of a work-around, I don't think I like this new policy.  Maybe they should sell beer cans as we exit the ship, no waste there.

I don’t understand why Royal isn’t using the aluminum twist top, re-closable, water bottle that Celebrity is using. 
 

 

355729E9-C6F0-45BC-8DD6-21863A888111.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

I don’t understand why Royal isn’t using the aluminum twist top, re-closable, water bottle that Celebrity is using. 
 

 

355729E9-C6F0-45BC-8DD6-21863A888111.jpeg

Yep, didn't think of those.  But, a much better idea.  16 oz too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I was also wondering how I can travel on excursions with canned water. It seems you would need to drink the whole thing in one go. I actually cancelled my water package and ended up getting the refreshment package instead once I found out that the water was in cans!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

The little white paper caps that go on top of the glasses in the room fit nicely over the can, protecting you from anything unwanted 😉 

The little white paper caps!  Ewuuuuuuuuu, are you serious?  No way.  🤣🤪😛

Actually a good idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indy had the cans in Jan, but other ships seem to have a mix. In Feb on Freedom, the crew were drinking the cans while guest was getting the water bottles. There is no discerning taste to the cans, and they can be left open. I usually bring a water bottle to fill up so either way I can reseal my water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Not all the ships have the same bottles or cans of water.

Wonder has the old plastic bottles, but Brilliance had the twist open bottles

brill2022-1-01.jpg?itok=XK-LREXd

This is what Royal should roll out fleet wide. On our last cruise they only had the 12oz non-resealable cans which are the worst. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...