MEI agents?

Any of you that use MEI travel. Did you use a referral to pick your agent or did you just take your chances with who they gave you? I'm ready to use a travel agent again. Used a cruise specific company in the past but the agency did not handle the covid era well at all. Have been waiting months just to get information from past cruises in order to get FCC issues resolved. Unfortunately RC says we used them all up but not even close to using them up. So it is a process to prove what we have left. Hopefully I can get it resolved. 

I took my chances with the big yellow form a few years ago.  Never had any issues working with them (never used a TA before) - even when initial TA left MEI and we were given a new TA - it was pretty seamless.  Be upfront with how you want to communicate, etc and you should be fine.

2 hours ago, CeciMami said:

I just used the big yellow form to hopefully transfer my reservation to a TA…I didn’t know you could do that but read somewhere that you can? How long does it usually take for MEI to get back to a form request?

Depends on the day, usually within a few hours. But since it's a weekend it may take a little longer.

6 hours ago, Chris Fish said:

Any of you that use MEI travel. Did you use a referral to pick your agent or did you just take your chances with who they gave you? I'm ready to use a travel agent again. Used a cruise specific company in the past but the agency did not handle the covid era well at all. Have been waiting months just to get information from past cruises in order to get FCC issues resolved. Unfortunately RC says we used them all up but not even close to using them up. So it is a process to prove what we have left. Hopefully I can get it resolved. 

You can request a specific agent, or just fill out the form. We might not be able to help with older FCCs but we might be able to at least look them up.

16 minutes ago, FF86 said:

So, I am new to all of this. I’ve been handling my bookings myself. What is the benefit to a TA? Also, would moving something I already booked to a TA for a cruise in May benefit me at all?

A TA will take care of any problems or issues that come up without you having to waste time trying to get things worked out with Royal.  They can take care of price drops (and often find them for you and just reprice them and let you know that you saved money!).  They get to know what you like, don't like, and can make suggestions if they know you are looking for something but don't have an exact plan.    If your cruise in May was booked in the last 30 days, you can transfer it to a TA.   Otherwise you cannot.

The way I feel about it is when I have a TA take care of my sailing, a small-business person gets paid.  I like supporting M.E.I. (and, in particular, my agent @michelle) because I always feel like they treat me like I'm the only person they're taking care of, even though I know they are very busy.  M.E.I. is a supporter of Royal Caribbean Blog, and that goes a long way with me as well.  I feel like they are friends that I just haven't met in person .... yet!

17 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

A TA will take care of any problems or issues that come up without you having to waste time trying to get things worked out with Royal.  They can take care of price drops (and often find them for you and just reprice them and let you know that you saved money!).  They get to know what you like, don't like, and can make suggestions if they know you are looking for something but don't have an exact plan.    If your cruise in May was booked in the last 30 days, you can transfer it to a TA.   Otherwise you cannot.

The way I feel about it is when I have a TA take care of my sailing, a small-business person gets paid.  I like supporting M.E.I. (and, in particular, my agent @michelle) because I always feel like they treat me like I'm the only person they're taking care of, even though I know they are very busy.  M.E.I. is a supporter of Royal Caribbean Blog, and that goes a long way with me as well.  I feel like they are friends that I just haven't met in person .... yet!

Agree 100% with the above.  And @michelle at MEI-Travel is awesome!  She noticed a price drop this week for one of my cruises;  saved me $$$ and also got me OBC!