Harmony passengers quarantined?

16 minutes ago, SummerRose said:

Like I’ve said, the catching Covid wasn’t the biggest issue. It’s everything else. 

I don't think anyone is discounting your experience onboard.  There's not a good reason to believe it's false.  In fact people should be seriously considering the likelihood that they will end up in a similar situation on their next cruise this month.  It's certainly a possibility and Royal has provided the CWC benefit for a reason.

It's clear that the increased capacity over the holidays coupled with the omicron variant has created a situation where Royal's onboard resource capacity is pushed to its limit.  When that happens, customer service and onboard experiences take a major hit.

I don't believe Royal is trying to intentionally mislead their customers about what is happening onboard or what policies they intended to make good on.  They just don't have the manpower to handle the current situation.  From a risk mitigation standpoint there's only so much that could have been done based on how quickly omicron came to the US.  They would have had to cancel people's bookings to reduce the passenger loads, which would have been a logistical nightmare.  They've already paused bookings for some ships in February in response to this variant, luckily.

51 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SummerRoseI read your post on CC and to be honest it is very sketchy and has nothing to do with being loyal. You went into a few threads and spread false info and then said people misconstrued what you wrote. If your story was factually true, you wouldn't feel like people are arguing with you when they ask questions. 

RCG has been pretty transparent with how many people have tested positive on cruises. But crew members may not be at liberty to tell you, if you ask them directly.

There is no way they didn't test you after your child tested positive.........so, the odds of you having to ask for a test are like 0.001 %

Also, people who have tested positive mostly get moved to deck 2,3,4 to quarantine, I believe only crew members are quarantine on parts of deck 6. Which either means you are lying, or you continued to be in your stateroom that you chose for the sailing...which is still lying.

You cannot always determine how your wording will come across so be careful. The "no" after the questions does in fact make each statement a positive and not a negative, so yes grammar is important when you are trying to give an honest description.

Almost everything you wrote here is wrong.  I don't know how to prove it to you because these are my own accounts.  RCCL knows we were on 6.  I started on 7. They know I was not tested.

My point is, they should be reporting positive numbers are a reflection of how many were tested, not how many are on board.  They simply aren't testing enough people.

And people aren't asking me questions, they're just calling me a liar....

5 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

I don't think anyone is discounting your experience onboard.  There's not a good reason to believe it's false.  In fact people should be seriously considering the likelihood that they will end up in a similar situation on their next cruise this month.  It's certainly a possibility and Royal has provided the CWC benefit for a reason.

It's clear that the increased capacity over the holidays coupled with the omicron variant has created a situation where Royal's onboard resource capacity is pushed to its limit.  When that happens, customer service and onboard experiences take a major hit.

I don't believe Royal is trying to intentionally mislead their customers about what is happening onboard or what policies they intended to make good on.  They just don't have the manpower to handle the current situation.  From a risk mitigation standpoint there's only so much that could have been done based on how quickly omicron came to the US.  They would have had to cancel people's bookings to reduce the passenger loads, which would have been a logistical nightmare.  They've already paused bookings for some ships in February in response to this variant, luckily.

I agree.  I don't think RCCL is being malevolent here.  There were definitely overwhelmed especially when crew started to drop.  That being said, the lack of customer service AFTER the cruise is the problem.  They essentially wash their hands of us once we go to the hotel - that's my experience so far.  And all I have to look forward to is submitting receipts and hoping I don't have to fight that too.  Everyone is antagonistic right from the start and that's disheartening.

And it happened FAST.  December 19th was smooth (at least from above decks, knowing what I know now, I have no idea what the covid positive people were dealing with) but it all seemed to derail December 26th.

A positive patient I befriended eventually post cruise said when they were down there testing it took 2 1/2 hours because of the number of people.  He said there was a group of people down there on the floor maskless eating pizza - who eventually tested positive.  Everyone mingled in together.

People on 9 were co-mingled with quarantined people and then tested positive.  It was an epic mess.

(And yes, some of what I say is hearsay so you can chose to believe it or not.  There are a lot of stories out there and we were all talking to each other.  I've seen a lot of videos and pictures too that haven't made it to social media.  So I can't make anyone believe me but I'm recounting what I saw.  I'm not sure what the upside is for me here to lie about it).

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

There is no way they didn't test you after your child tested positive.........so, the odds of you having to ask for a test are like 0.001 %

I wouldn't be so hasty to make this accusation.  There was a passenger on Symphony that posted an audio recording on Twitter when he was refused to be tested after suspected exposure and was merely quarantined.  From the recording it sounds like Royal's policy at the time was to only test symptomatic passengers.

31 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SummerRoseI read your post on CC and to be honest it is very sketchy and has nothing to do with being loyal. You went into a few threads and spread false info and then said people misconstrued what you wrote. If your story was factually true, you wouldn't feel like people are arguing with you when they ask questions. 

RCG has been pretty transparent with how many people have tested positive on cruises. But crew members may not be at liberty to tell you, if you ask them directly.

Also, people who have tested positive mostly get moved to deck 2,3,4 to quarantine, I believe only crew members are quarantine on parts of deck 6. Which either means you are lying, or you continued to be in your stateroom that you chose for the sailing...which is still lying.

You cannot always determine how your wording will come across so be careful. The "no" after the questions does in fact make each statement a positive and not a negative, so yes grammar is important when you are trying to give an honest description.

The trash on 6.  If you want to independently verify that it was floor 6.  Sat there for days.  I can still smell this picture.

IMG_0572 2.HEIC IMG_0573.HEIC

• Matt locked this topic