Royal Caribbean Blog

When will there be an announcement on December 2020 cruises?

4 hours ago, Sharla said:

Royal Caribbean almost always announces at the end of the day. I would expect it between 4:30 or 5:00 today or tomorrow, but for sure December will be cancelled. They have to do so much before they can allow guests onboard.

Ok they announced it at 4:00 today, they must have seen my prediction and wanted to beat me to it! 😂

Another opportunity to send a virtual hug to your TAs (travel agents).  This cannot be easy for them.  I cannot even imagine the disruption to their lives.  Let's hope that things go up from here on out.  Here's to a better 2021 cruising season!

Has anyone been able to get the “2 for 1” FCCs where they roll an existing FCC into a new FCC on a cancelled cruise ?  I have a tiny little FCC on my Dec 6 Oasis Cruise and I am going to ask for the 125% FCC on the cruise fare.  I am hoping that they will just roll that little FCC into the big one but I haven’t heard of anyone who had this done yet.  I hope they don’t just reissue the little FCC.  I don’t want to deal with it separately.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Has anyone been able to get the “2 for 1” FCCs where they roll an existing FCC into a new FCC on a cancelled cruise ?  I have a tiny little FCC on my Dec 6 Oasis Cruise and I am going to ask for the 125% FCC on the cruise fare.  I am hoping that they will just roll that little FCC into the big one but I haven’t heard of anyone who had this done yet.  I hope they don’t just reissue the little FCC.  I don’t want to deal with it separately.

This happened to me already.  When we lost our March sailing we got FCC and used that to pay for our August sailing.  We had to top it up a little with extra money.  When the August sailing got cancelled, we opted for the 125% FCC and it was all rolled into one for us.

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This happened to me already.  When we lost our March sailing we got FCC and used that to pay for our August sailing.  We had to top it up a little with extra money.  When the August sailing got cancelled, we opted for the 125% FCC and it was all rolled into one for us.

Thanks !  I thought they had changed that rule but I hadn’t heard of anyone getting it yet.  The FCC got the “newer” expiration date ?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks !  I thought they had changed that rule but I hadn’t heard of anyone getting it yet.  The FCC got the “newer” expiration date ?

Yes. Actually it was way more complicated now that I think of it. I had used an FCC (not covid related) to partially pay for my March 2020 sailing. That original FCC had an expiry of July 2020. We cancelled our March sailing under CWC and we got a new FCC with the old one rolled in. New expiry was now December 2021. We used this new FCC to pay for our August 2020 sailing and had to top it off a bit (that I mentioned before). Because Royal cancelled the August sailing on us, we opted for the 125% FCC and our re-issued FCC included the old FCC plus the additional 125% with a new expiry of April 2022 now. 

30 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes. Actually it was way more complicated now that I think of it. I had used an FCC (not covid related) to partially pay for my March 2020 sailing. That original FCC had an expiry of July 2020. We cancelled our March sailing under CWC and we got a new FCC with the old one rolled in. New expiry was now December 2021. We used this new FCC to pay for our August 2020 sailing and had to top it off a bit (that I mentioned before). Because Royal cancelled the August sailing on us, we opted for the 125% FCC and our re-issued FCC included the old FCC plus the additional 125% with a new expiry of April 2022 now. 

Awesome !  That is just what I was hoping to hear.  Thanks !