Royal Caribbean Blog

Wondering: Its known that once cruising resumes, it will be a trimmed list of ships going, on shorter itineraries. Right? I have heard this said over, and over. So, this has me thinking....Im booked for a 7 day on Harmony the 2nd week of March.  WILL IT CRUISE? Im beginning to lean toward no.  Especially now that we know the CDC doesnt think we should sail till Feb at the earliest?  White House has set a rolling evaluation starting Nov. 1st? Obviously nobody knows what this looks like, exactly.  But am I off to think that "at first" probably doesnt mean just the first month or so? Goodness, all of us with cruises in the next 6 months to a year have to be wondering....is my sailing safe?

Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

I'm supposed to cruise this Nov. 8 to the Western Caribbean. 7 night cruise. I still have not received any word about it, but I'm betting it will not happen. Not sure now if I want to go if they have a lot of restrictions. I want no masks, no social distancing, etc... I have a funny feeling cruising as we once knew it wont be normal (if we're lucky) until 2022.

6 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Just don't see things returning to normal for a long time.

This....  I see a lot of people talking about their November cruises, December cruises...etc....and I feel like im Negative Nick over here thinking no way anything on the old schedule remains. I feel like the changes will extend deep into 2021 schedule wise.  

8 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

This....  I see a lot of people talking about their November cruises, December cruises...etc....and I feel like im Negative Nick over here thinking no way anything on the old schedule remains. I feel like the changes will extend deep into 2021 schedule wise.  

Not just you. I've been of the opinion that there should be zero expectation of cruising starting up again before summer 2021, and "regular" cruising (longer itineraries, destination ports widely allowing passengers to disembark / go on excursions, etc.) before the 2022 season is underway. Nothing booked and no plans to until November, when those '22 itineraries get announced.

1 hour ago, emsff02 said:

I'm not feeling hopeful about February, but will continue as if it were sailing. If Royal cancels, I wont be too surprised. If I cancel and it does sail, then I will have some major FOMO and will be mad at myself for cancelling. 

Precisely the boat I’m in. Have February 15th booked, leaning toward making final payment, but fully prepared for a cancellation and refund. 

1 hour ago, emsff02 said:

I'm not feeling hopeful about February, but will continue as if it were sailing. If Royal cancels, I wont be too surprised. If I cancel and it does sail, then I will have some major FOMO and will be mad at myself for cancelling. 

this is exactly why I haven't cancelled my November trip. I have almost no hope of it going; but if it does and I'm not on it for my first 7 night cruise and in a suite I will feel regret no matter what Caribbean Island I may end up on in place of the trip. 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am having doubts about my March 14th sailing on Allure as well.  Not sure I will make final payment if sailings are still paused in December.

I was looking at Spring Break cruises to replace my cancelled Odyssey sailing. Started last night looking at all-inclusives. 

We are hurting down here in Fort Lauderdale. The lack of ships in port has turned the 17th street area into a ghost town. I have to admit it was nice for the first month or so without all the people but at this point it’s just sad. So many small businesses made a large portion of their living off the cruisers that came into town weekly. I am really excited to cruise again and most importantly bring some life back to 17th street. 

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I'm with @Floski.  Perk UP PEOPLE !

I think we will be sailing by early 2021.  The right palms are being greased and egos stroked.  I think the wheels are going to start turning very soon.

I think while we may be sailing in early 2021, if the CDC didn’t seem thrilled with the original recommendations, what additional restrictions will they want in place. 

Like I've mentioned before regarding Alaska sailings, I hope they announce before the first final payment date of the summer season. I just can't see them starting mid July. If that were the case, I think cruise excursions would be slim pickings. Also, there is so much more riding on this besides the cruise itself: lodging, rental cars, flights, pet care, amongst other items.

I'm surprised at the amount of negative nancy's....or Realistic RIchards..... lol

My cruise is March 21, 2021..... I'm fully expecting to be on Oasis.....

I'm not one to usually be pessimistic. I've always tried to be an optimist.... but do you all truly think that full fleet won't be operating by spring? I understand not in November and December....but I'm still 6 months from my cruise..... I figured they would have worked out all the kinks by then.

But again,.... maybe Im just optimistic???