Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal Caribbean sailings canceled through Oct 31.

I had an October 4th sailing on Harmony.

This is the 2nd cancellation.

Ordered by the CDC.  100% over-reach.  It's not about health or safety.  It is about control.

I opted for full refund.  I don't care about 25%.

I refuse to book another cruise until I see people boarding a ship with my own eyes.

At Diamond level, and it is going to take forever to get to Diamond +. 

I sincerely hope that other people take a stand and stop booking.  Maybe the cruise lines without holding money will then take a stand against the tyrants controlling them.  

15 minutes ago, SandyW said:

Ordered by the CDC. 

CORRECTION: This cancellation was NOT ordered by CDC. The CDC's order is until and including September 30, 2020. RCCL decided to extend it in order to give them more time to evaluate and correct certain mistakes that their competitor(s) and we are seeing on cruises sailing in Europe, such as the latest Cruise Startup that was just paused on Hurtigen due to COVID outbreak. Let's given them time and slack. This way, RCCL will learn from others mistake and we will be well prepared and healthy and enjoy cruising for years to come.

PaltryMessyKestrel-max-1mb.gif

2 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

CORRECTION: This cancellation was NOT ordered by CDC. The CDC's order is until and including September 30, 2020. RCCL decided to extend it in order to give them more time to evaluate and correct certain mistakes that their competitor(s) and we are seeing on cruises sailing in Europe, such as the latest Cruise Startup that was just paused on Hurtigen due to COVID outbreak. Let's given them time and slack. This way, RCCL will learn from others mistake and we will be well prepared and healthy and enjoy cruising for years to come.

PaltryMessyKestrel-max-1mb.gif

Actually it wasn't just RCCL - it was a decision made by CLIA, so it will affect more than just Royal Caribbean (those who haven't already canceled beyond the end of October).  But, yes, not CDC.

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Actually it wasn't just RCCL - it was a decision made by CLIA, so it will affect more than just Royal Caribbean (those who haven't already canceled beyond the end of October).  But, yes, not CDC.

Actually, the cruise line members have agreed to "voluntarily suspend" U.S. cruise operations until at least October 31, 2020. CLIA just announced it for them.🤣

45 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Actually, the cruise line members have agreed to "voluntarily suspend" U.S. cruise operations until at least October 31, 2020. CLIA just announced it for them.🤣

I think at some point there needs to be a primer on trade associations. Lots of people seemed confused by CLIA making announcements, when it reality it’s basically just a press release looking to show a united front in the industry. At any point a member line could not follow that direction, or has happened with the airlines before with Airlines for America, they just stop paying dues and pull out of the association. Viking isn’t part of CLIA at all and still has a great reputation 

This makes me so SAD!! 😭  I am not booked until mid-April 2021 and am REALLY praying cruising is back even before then.  I was looking to book another cruise for later in 2021 but for now I am hanging on only to this one.  I will say Royal knows what they are doing though cuz the latest sale on the cruise planner (ends today) truly had some great prices so I must admit I bit the bullet and booked a few things...as did many in my cruising group.  Just couldn't help it!  🤪 

Please Please Please let cruising begin again!!!!! 

16 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This makes me so SAD!! 😭  I am not booked until mid-April 2021 and am REALLY praying cruising is back even before then.  I was looking to book another cruise for later in 2021 but for now I am hanging on only to this one.  I will say Royal knows what they are doing though cuz the latest sale on the cruise planner (ends today) truly had some great prices so I must admit I bit the bullet and booked a few things...as did many in my cruising group.  Just couldn't help it!  🤪 

Please Please Please let cruising begin again!!!!! 

Glad I already moved my FCC to FEB 2021 and already to transplant that over to APR 2021 at a moments notice also. Even if by some miracle there's a phased restart of the Perfect Day product on Nov. 1, its cutting it too close for comfort so I'd rather wait till early 2021 if not spring 2021 instead. Will see how Black Friday sales pan out in November on the PCP's as there's always sales on there. Glad I didn't do any purchases this round.

18 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Glad I already moved my FCC to FEB 2021 and already to transplant that over to APR 2021 at a moments notice also. Even if by some miracle there's a phased restart of the Perfect Day product on Nov. 1, its cutting it too close for comfort so I'd rather wait till early 2021 if not spring 2021 instead. Will see how Black Friday sales pan out in November on the PCP's as there's always sales on there. Glad I didn't do any purchases this round.

For what it's worth, Norwegian's president/CEO/chairman/whatever said they're planning on Q2 of 2021 for something resembling the old days in terms of cruise schedule.

Since the release of this notice, Uncruise Alaska ( a small <250 person passenger and crew cruise line not subject to CDC restrictions) came back with a positive case on their first cruise. So there's that...😓. And there was the Hurtegruten cruise in Norway at the beginning of the week - possibly the straw that broke the camel's back for the announcement.

It's nuts to think that US based cruising is going to happen anytime soon. What "soon" is - that's the big question. It looks like later and later for every day that goes by.

Personally, I'm waiting until late 2021 or early 2022, and then only if there has been good data for at least six to nine months of sailings.

1 hour ago, MrB said:

Personally, I'm waiting until late 2021 or early 2022

If its that long till cruising is back.....cruise lines and cruise lovers are doomed. Jeff Bezos and the likes will be gobbling up the lines. We will be sailing on Royal Amazon Cruise Lines......

amazon design GIF......except "Every destination, Aruba to Zimbabwe" 

As long as they have an unlimited drinks package.....im down. 

We are starting to worry about our cruise that is the 28 February 2021from Port Canaveral. We already cancelled once our cruise of April 19 2020 out of Puerto Rico . I do not find it fair that you wouldn't get cash refund on the portion paid with fcc if they cancel the cruise. This is the same bs as airlines almost here in Canada. 

2 minutes ago, gi333 said:

We are starting to worry about our cruise that is the 28 February 2021from Port Canaveral. We already cancelled once our cruise of April 19 2020 out of Puerto Rico . I do not find it fair that you wouldn't get cash refund on the portion paid with fcc if they cancel the cruise. This is the same bs as airlines almost here in Canada. 

I used a FCC from a may canceled cruise and booked for October. I asked for a refund now since they canceled and I'm getting everything back