Royal Caribbean sailings canceled through Oct 31.

I had an October 4th sailing on Harmony.

This is the 2nd cancellation.

Ordered by the CDC.  100% over-reach.  It's not about health or safety.  It is about control.

I opted for full refund.  I don't care about 25%.

I refuse to book another cruise until I see people boarding a ship with my own eyes.

At Diamond level, and it is going to take forever to get to Diamond +. 

I sincerely hope that other people take a stand and stop booking.  Maybe the cruise lines without holding money will then take a stand against the tyrants controlling them.  

15 minutes ago, SandyW said:

Ordered by the CDC. 

CORRECTION: This cancellation was NOT ordered by CDC. The CDC's order is until and including September 30, 2020. RCCL decided to extend it in order to give them more time to evaluate and correct certain mistakes that their competitor(s) and we are seeing on cruises sailing in Europe, such as the latest Cruise Startup that was just paused on Hurtigen due to COVID outbreak. Let's given them time and slack. This way, RCCL will learn from others mistake and we will be well prepared and healthy and enjoy cruising for years to come.

PaltryMessyKestrel-max-1mb.gif

2 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

CORRECTION: This cancellation was NOT ordered by CDC. The CDC's order is until and including September 30, 2020. RCCL decided to extend it in order to give them more time to evaluate and correct certain mistakes that their competitor(s) and we are seeing on cruises sailing in Europe, such as the latest Cruise Startup that was just paused on Hurtigen due to COVID outbreak. Let's given them time and slack. This way, RCCL will learn from others mistake and we will be well prepared and healthy and enjoy cruising for years to come.

Actually it wasn't just RCCL - it was a decision made by CLIA, so it will affect more than just Royal Caribbean (those who haven't already canceled beyond the end of October).  But, yes, not CDC.

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Actually it wasn't just RCCL - it was a decision made by CLIA, so it will affect more than just Royal Caribbean (those who haven't already canceled beyond the end of October).  But, yes, not CDC.

Actually, the cruise line members have agreed to "voluntarily suspend" U.S. cruise operations until at least October 31, 2020. CLIA just announced it for them.?

45 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Actually, the cruise line members have agreed to "voluntarily suspend" U.S. cruise operations until at least October 31, 2020. CLIA just announced it for them.?

I think at some point there needs to be a primer on trade associations. Lots of people seemed confused by CLIA making announcements, when it reality it’s basically just a press release looking to show a united front in the industry. At any point a member line could not follow that direction, or has happened with the airlines before with Airlines for America, they just stop paying dues and pull out of the association. Viking isn’t part of CLIA at all and still has a great reputation 

This makes me so SAD!! ?  I am not booked until mid-April 2021 and am REALLY praying cruising is back even before then.  I was looking to book another cruise for later in 2021 but for now I am hanging on only to this one.  I will say Royal knows what they are doing though cuz the latest sale on the cruise planner (ends today) truly had some great prices so I must admit I bit the bullet and booked a few things...as did many in my cruising group.  Just couldn't help it!  ? 

Please Please Please let cruising begin again!!!!! 

18 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Glad I already moved my FCC to FEB 2021 and already to transplant that over to APR 2021 at a moments notice also. Even if by some miracle there's a phased restart of the Perfect Day product on Nov. 1, its cutting it too close for comfort so I'd rather wait till early 2021 if not spring 2021 instead. Will see how Black Friday sales pan out in November on the PCP's as there's always sales on there. Glad I didn't do any purchases this round.

For what it's worth, Norwegian's president/CEO/chairman/whatever said they're planning on Q2 of 2021 for something resembling the old days in terms of cruise schedule.

Since the release of this notice, Uncruise Alaska ( a small <250 person passenger and crew cruise line not subject to CDC restrictions) came back with a positive case on their first cruise. So there's that...?. And there was the Hurtegruten cruise in Norway at the beginning of the week - possibly the straw that broke the camel's back for the announcement.

It's nuts to think that US based cruising is going to happen anytime soon. What "soon" is - that's the big question. It looks like later and later for every day that goes by.

Personally, I'm waiting until late 2021 or early 2022, and then only if there has been good data for at least six to nine months of sailings.

1 hour ago, MrB said:

Personally, I'm waiting until late 2021 or early 2022

If its that long till cruising is back.....cruise lines and cruise lovers are doomed. Jeff Bezos and the likes will be gobbling up the lines. We will be sailing on Royal Amazon Cruise Lines......

amazon design GIF......except "Every destination, Aruba to Zimbabwe" 

As long as they have an unlimited drinks package.....im down. 

We are starting to worry about our cruise that is the 28 February 2021from Port Canaveral. We already cancelled once our cruise of April 19 2020 out of Puerto Rico . I do not find it fair that you wouldn't get cash refund on the portion paid with fcc if they cancel the cruise. This is the same bs as airlines almost here in Canada. 

2 minutes ago, gi333 said:

We are starting to worry about our cruise that is the 28 February 2021from Port Canaveral. We already cancelled once our cruise of April 19 2020 out of Puerto Rico . I do not find it fair that you wouldn't get cash refund on the portion paid with fcc if they cancel the cruise. This is the same bs as airlines almost here in Canada. 

I used a FCC from a may canceled cruise and booked for October. I asked for a refund now since they canceled and I'm getting everything back

On 8/5/2020 at 9:12 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

Curious last sentence, "CLIA cruise line members will continue to monitor the situation with the understanding that we will revisit a possible further extension on or before 30 September 2020. At the same time, should conditions in the U.S. change and it becomes possible to consider short, modified sailings, we would consider an earlier restart.".  Shorter cruises have been discussed.  I think it makes sense when you're testing new protocols.  See what works and what doesn't, but not sure it really mitigates contagion.  If the guest compliment boarded "totally healthy", and the crew installed "totally healthy"  , they both should remain healthy for the duration independent the length (if not exposed to an contaminating source)..  The safety circle is disrupted in port.  Once passenger or crew venture off the ship, they risk contamination.   Seems like the mitigating control is port visits and and admission of people not of the cleared crew that could contaminate the ship, not necessary the length you sail.

29 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Really? That is not what I read. It says any fcc applied will be reimbursed in fcc... Did you have to argue about it? 

No my travel agent said since they canceled it we were entitled to a refund. They even refunded the 125% cruise planner items (just 100% obviously )

Can anyone correct me please if I am mistaken because the reply I got doesn't match with the following policy of royal caribbean :

Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

So that means that if mu cruise gets cancelled and I used fcc to pay for it I won't get cash refund. Am I right? 

2 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Can anyone correct me please if I am mistaken because the reply I got doesn't match with the following policy of royal caribbean :

Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

So that means that if mu cruise gets cancelled and I used fcc to pay for it I won't get cash refund. Am I right? 

Did they cancel your original cruise that gave you the cruise credit? Then yes you get a refund

If you yourself canceled the cruise under cruise with confidence and received a FCC then no you do not get a refund

Ok. We cancelled our cruise that was the April 19 th and they gave us a credit. Then the cruise got canceled anyway and couldn't get a refund because I canceled it before which is not acceptable. Now we have a cruise booked February 28 2021 from Florida. I have a feeling that it won't be happening. Problem is that if royal cancels that cruise my fcc used to pay for it won't be refunded as cash. I'm really screwed. Feel like calling them to see if I cancel now if can be reimbursed cash..... 

On 8/7/2020 at 10:17 AM, MrB said:

Since the release of this notice, Uncruise Alaska ( a small <250 person passenger and crew cruise line not subject to CDC restrictions) came back with a positive case on their first cruise. So there's that...?. And there was the Hurtegruten cruise in Norway at the beginning of the week - possibly the straw that broke the camel's back for the announcement.

It's nuts to think that US based cruising is going to happen anytime soon. What "soon" is - that's the big question. It looks like later and later for every day that goes by.

Personally, I'm waiting until late 2021 or early 2022, and then only if there has been good data for at least six to nine months of sailings.

A judicious path forward.  Wait for the kinks to be worked out.    That Uncruise Alaska has some pretty pricey cruises too.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:07 PM, princevaliantus said:

Perhaps Royal extended it because they know there will be another no sail order forthcoming.  This link shows who is being naughty and who is being nice according to who is reporting it:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

On 8/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, SteveinSC said:

If its that long till cruising is back.....cruise lines and cruise lovers are doomed. Jeff Bezos and the likes will be gobbling up the lines. We will be sailing on Royal Amazon Cruise Lines......

amazon design GIF......except "Every destination, Aruba to Zimbabwe" 

As long as they have an unlimited drinks package.....im down. 

listen, If I can "order" a cruise on my Prime account...I may be for it... ?

19 hours ago, gi333 said:

Ok. We cancelled our cruise that was the April 19 th and they gave us a credit. Then the cruise got canceled anyway and couldn't get a refund because I canceled it before which is not acceptable. Now we have a cruise booked February 28 2021 from Florida. I have a feeling that it won't be happening. Problem is that if royal cancels that cruise my fcc used to pay for it won't be refunded as cash. I'm really screwed. Feel like calling them to see if I cancel now if can be reimbursed cash..... 

My 'story' is pretty much the same...used CWC to cancel April 13, 2020...then Royal cancelled it.  I didn't even bother trying to get a refund since I knew what I agreed to when I cancelled was set in stone.  I did try to get my travel insurance $ back but got nowhere with that! ?   Rebooked to April 19, 2021...just recently used the FCC to pay (only had to payout a little new money since I upgraded from 4 Spacious Balconies to 4 JS) . 

So, I believe if this one gets cancelled I will still only receive FCC for what I paid in FCC and any NEW monies paid toward the cruise fare would probably get refunded.  After reading so much material on all this my understanding is the original form of reimbursement stays with me until I use it or lose it.  Any newly paid money begins a new round of refund offers should this sailing be cancelled by them. 

10 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

My 'story' is pretty much the same...used CWC to cancel April 13, 2020...then Royal cancelled it.  I didn't even bother trying to get a refund since I knew what I agreed to when I cancelled was set in stone.  I did try to get my travel insurance $ back but got nowhere with that! ?   Rebooked to April 19, 2021...just recently used the FCC to pay (only had to payout a little new money since I upgraded from 4 Spacious Balconies to 4 JS) . 

So, I believe if this one gets cancelled I will still only receive FCC for what I paid in FCC and any NEW monies paid toward the cruise fare would probably get refunded.  After reading so much material on all this my understanding is the original form of reimbursement stays with me until I use it or lose it.  Any newly paid money begins a new round of refund offers should this sailing be cancelled by them. 

You have it right !

Have the exact same issue as those above. Canceled my cruise one day before the industry wide shut down so no refund for me. I wish RC would extend the credit deadline to 2024 to take the pressure off of having to book and then rebook over and over until the pandemic is under control. We all know cruising will not be happening in 2021 so why are they perpetuating the fiction and stringing customers along? I just would like my money now or the chance to use it on a cruise when it’s safe again. 

Just been notified by RCI that our November 1st transatlantic cruise on Anthem has been cancelled. Fortunately this happened only a few days before the final balance was due. Will receive my deposit plus 25% in FCC.

That’s now 5 cruises cancelled. Hopefully our next B2B cruises Jan/Feb 2021 on P&O Iona will go ahead but we are not overly confident as Iona is still under construction.

1 hour ago, Jim S said:

Just been notified by RCI that our November 1st transatlantic cruise on Anthem has been cancelled. Fortunately this happened only a few days before the final balance was due. Will receive my deposit plus 25% in FCC.

Yes, this is what happened for our Odyssey sailing as well. If you opt in for the 125% FCC option, it will be whatever you have paid so far plus 25% extra of that.