Jump to content

Diabetics not allowed on cruise


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, goodionik said:

It all has to do with the fact that the company doesn't want to take responsibility because something could happen to a sick person. Especially now, when tourism has suffered the most and money is very scarce. You can understand them. But then I also agree that there are millions of people with diabetes, hypertension, and other things.

In my best SpongeBob narrator voice:
image.png.1c29edbaf82cb60bf6dd37eccd809868.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/13/2020 at 9:09 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’m still skeptical of how they would even know. The form that they cite is for persons over 70...there is no way that they are going to require a signed doctors note from EVERY passenger.  If you are under 70 and have borderline Type II diabetes, how would they ever confirm that ?  If they are counting on people being honest....I have a bridge for sale.

I'm not following? Why is this outlandish? We see exactly this happening before our eyes? Did you ever think you'd need a negative test or vaccination papers to board a cruise? Yet this is happening in real time right now. Forget the Doctor's note we need cards with dates, vaccination lot numbers, and signatures. The burden of proof for every passenger as left the doctor's note far behind. Show your papers please! 

While I agree that the OP is fishy at best I don't see why everybody is having such a hard time believing this can happen or revealing all medical records before a cruise vacation isn't in the future. As pointed out by multiple responses the language, at least, was once very much written in RCCL policy. 

For those saying "NO WAY", it can't happen, well it can, and it is. Right now.  It's precisely what the majority of posters here are asking for in thread after thread in terms of forcing their fellow royal Caribbean blog community members/family to be vaccinated, and show proof there of, to have as "normal" of a cruise as possible these days.

This is just the start, which is why the lines including our beloved RCCL should not have dealt with attempting to appease the impossible standards placed on them by big pharma tainted bureaucracies. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

I'm not following? Why is this outlandish? We see exactly this happening before our eyes? Did you ever think you'd need a negative test or vaccination papers to board a cruise? Yet this is happening in real time right now. Forget the Doctor's note we need cards with dates, vaccination lot numbers, and signatures. The burden of proof for every passenger as left the doctor's note far behind. Show your papers please! 

While I agree that the OP is fishy at best I don't see why everybody is having such a hard time believing this can happen or revealing all medical records before a cruise vacation isn't in the future. As pointed out by multiple responses the language, at least, was once very much written in RCCL policy. 

For those saying "NO WAY", it can't happen, well it can, and it is. Right now.  It's precisely what the majority of posters here are asking for in thread after thread in terms of forcing their fellow royal Caribbean blog community members/family to be vaccinated, and show proof there of, to have as "normal" of a cruise as possible these days.

This is just the start, which is why the lines including our beloved RCCL should not have dealt with attempting to appease the impossible standards placed on them by big pharma tainted bureaucracies. 

 

 

 

So true !  How things have changed in the past 1 1/2 years !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CruiseRoyalDad So very well said. As a loyal RC cruiser who also misses cruising very much, RC no longer welcomes me on their ships  because I don't have the proper papers. I have perused this blog for a while, reading time and time again posters saying "just let me on a ship", "I'll do anything to cruise again" and then are shocked at some change in protocol which, ultimately, they justify and go along with... 

Don't be surprised when the chronic conditions that cruisers have (diabetes, heart condition, COPD, etc) are the next one's that, like me, will be ineligible for cruising. And don't be surprised when your fellow blog members don't give a darn that it's happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, fireclan said:

@CruiseRoyalDad So very well said. As a loyal RC cruiser who also misses cruising very much, RC no longer welcomes me on their ships  because I don't have the proper papers. I have perused this blog for a while, reading time and time again posters saying "just let me on a ship", "I'll do anything to cruise again" and then are shocked at some change in protocol which, ultimately, they justify and go along with... 

Don't be surprised when the chronic conditions that cruisers have (diabetes, heart condition, COPD, etc) are the next one's that, like me, will be ineligible for cruising. And don't be surprised when your fellow blog members don't give a darn that it's happening.

When you give a mouse a cookie it wants a glass of milk....Its already started and unfortunately its probably to late to go back, especially when people have no clue what's going on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this policy still being enforced?  I am a type 1 "Brittle" Diabetic on an Insulin pump and thus far have infected no one with my Chronic Illness.  I also understand that it places me in the "High Risk" category for Covid.  I am willing to take that risk to be able to cruise once again. Since no one else is at risk because of my condition I would be willing to state my current medical condition even though it is information covered by HIPPA to clear them of any liability. I do not understand the reason to refuse boarding because of a "Diabetic" condition.  I hope that this is no longer the case or I will be instantly CURED of Diabetes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

Is this policy still being enforced?

As far as I can tell, this policy only temporarily appeared in some documentation AFTER the global shutdown (and back when people thought it would last a few weeks and they might need some extra policies while restarting).  It has not been reported since then.  Somebody replied to the year+ old thread so people are reading about it like it is current news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Somebody replied to the year+ old thread so people are reading about it like it is current news.

I like to refer to these as "zombie threads". They appear, go dormant for a year or more, and then someone (usually a new member, sorry pre-golds, just an observation) raises it from the dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...