Worried about coronavirus

Anastasia

On 3/3/2020 at 9:46 AM, YOLO said:

Yup, hand sanitizer is sold out everywhere around here in Massachusetts.

We even had a new 2 Liter bottle of Purell stolen out of our Men's bathroom here at work!!! ☹️

I just saw a recipe on how to make your own hand sanitizer: 2/3 c. 91% alcohol, 1/3 c. aloe vera gel. Stir vigorously until mixed. Pour into a bottle and seal tightly. 

I have no idea if this will work.

Just read in a group on Facebook that Vision was refused to port in St Lucia today. 

Jamaica and Grand Cayman refused an MSC ship and Carnival bypassed both and went to Cozumel. 

My May Symphony may end up being Labadee and CocoCay with 4 sea days. 

On 2/26/2020 at 8:56 AM, SteveinSC said:

Im going to hope that my Royal Up bid gets accepted because people are irrational enough to cancel, and/or not go on their cruises. I will also worry more (which is to say hardly at all) about tripping over my kids toys and breaking my ankle, or getting in a car accident on the way to the port, or any other thing that is WAY more likely to happen. I will also wash my hands, and use hand sanitizer, as I ALWAYS do because people are disgusting, by nature.  

I keep checking too.  Hoping someone in Star class freaks out and cancels.  I put a decent bid in on a Star Class Suite.

Hopefully you got the insurance package.  Personally We would go on the cruise.  Have you paid in full yet. What kind of deposit did you put down.  We cancelled our European cruise in August due to our house will be ready to move into.  Otherwise we would still have gone.  Lost our $ 200 deposit. Life goes on.  Thousands of people die every year from the flu.  No news stories about that tho ever.  This is so blown out of proportion it is a joke.  Check with your travel agent.  

9 hours ago, Lesly said:

Hello, we have a honeymoon two week cruise coming up in April. If we don’t go or can’t go, would we get a full refund due to the current situation?

Currently you cannot if you just change your mind.  But, if you show signs of sickness - then you probably can get your money back.  We are sailing on Sunday and unless we want to lose the money we paid, we have to suck it up and take on the risk (whatever it will be at that point)...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 1:35 PM, twangster said:

I know you are a man of religion so I'm curious how you are applying the opinions of the newscaster.  If their opinion is to avoid mass gatherings what are your thoughts on church?  Should people avoid attending church?  Do you plan to avoid church?  This isn't asked as an attack, simply curious what your views are for mass gatherings at this point.

We cancelled our church service today.  I went online and shared a message of encouragement to our congregation.

We still do not know for how long we will be cancelling our church services.

4 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

We cancelled our church service today.  I went online and shared a message of encouragement to our congregation.

That's very responsible of you.  Sadly there are many groups (of all types) that are pretending nothing is happening.

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

That's very responsible of you.  Sadly there are many groups (of all types) that are pretending nothing is happening.

We wanted to do our part in "flattening the curve".  It breaks my heart to know that when Italy's healthcare system was overwhelmed by the pandemic, doctors had to decide who to treat  or not... in effect, the decision fell on their hands to decide who lives and who dies.

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

Nice to see forward thinking for the greater good.  A difficult decision no doubt, but we all face difficult decisions during these times. 

1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

Mom’s church did the same thing, the minister gave his sermon over a YouTube live stream earlier this morning. 

10 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Good decision. This is probably the worst part of this situation. People being kept apart, just when we all need to come together. 

19 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Our church did the same thing yesterday.  We have "on-line" service for as long as the schools are closed.  That is what was shared yesterday.

22 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Our church cancelled yesterday and next week's services. Then it's wait and see. Prayers to everyone and hoping nobody is affected.?