SteveinSC

Drink Package Price Drop

Just now, SteveinSC said:

Yikes, thats steep. I assume that sailing is excluded because of what it is.....but 82 as a pre-cruise price?????? Wow. 

There has been talk about price increases on the drinking packages for the 2020/2021 season.

i just booked ours last night for oasis in april 2020 at $57/day. it had been at $65 for a while. $57 is still a bit high in my opinion, but palatable. hopefully there is another price drop on black friday or some other time before our cruise. their ___% off banners are complete fabrications and market manipulation. it was listed as being 20% off when the price was $65 as well...and initially yesterday it was still 20% off when the price had dropped to $57. it is now listed as being 30% off at $57. RC says that the “on-board pricing” is between 63 and 70. let’s just say it is 70...even discounted from the highest on-board price of $70, a 30% discount would mean it should be $49/day. they are clearly just playing games to condition the market.

either way, i'd like an improvement but could live with $57 if i have to - will still be worth it for us.

Bought mine a few months before the standard prices went up.

The BOGO 50% off priced out at $47 PP/PD

With the new pricing, this 30% off deal prices out at $48 PP/PD

3 minutes ago, tzb said:

$57 is still a bit high in my opinion, but palatable. hopefully there is another price drop on black friday or some other time before our cruise. 

Good chance of this. It should be the last big "sale" before your cruise.

Good luck and happy cruising!

Just now, Jason12 said:

Deluxe £37.24 refreshment £15.20 for our Oasis December cruise I’ll let you do the conversion 😎 

The Refreshment Package for the Inaugural is at $32.  I got that for $20 on the Ovation early this month.

I hate this "catch-me-if-you-can" type of pricing that Royal does.  Why make us have to monitor these prices, than book-cancel-rebook, when they can be straightforward with their prices.  I hate being manipulated this way.  We here know how to navigate these price trends, but what about those new to cruising?  Does Royal prey on naiveté and gullibility?

5 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

Does Royal prey on naiveté and gullibility?

Absolutely, they do.....as do most businesses. Tis the way of the world.....figuring out a way to get as much of your money into their pockets as they can.