Sign in to follow this  
bookit

WRINKLED CLOTHES- WHAT DO YOU DO?

18 hours ago, Matt said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the "rolling your clothes" method was about space saving, rather than wrinkle protection. 

I tried rolling clothes and they got wrinkled badly in random places, looking like I got them out of a hamper.  At least my folded clothes only got creases at the fold and when people saw them, they knew I was traveling.

Rolling clothes can help a lot but you just can't do it quickly. Each item needs to be ironed, then when rolling make sure the pieces are flat and not creasing anywhere. Once you're done and put them in the bag they won't move or make any new creases, so if you're careful it can work really well. 

But I'm curious if anyone else does this. My wife and I just brought a hanging bag for most of our clothes. We both had smaller suitcases filled with things like underwear, bathing suits, etc that you don't care if it wrinkles. But all of our clothes for changing into during the night we just placed into a hanging bag for each of us. 🤷‍♂️ Could just be us, but that worked REALLY well for not wrinkling things.

10 minutes ago, Ala_Paul said:

But I'm curious if anyone else does this. My wife and I just brought a hanging bag for most of our clothes.

We have a garment bag that we put all of our hanging clothes in.  It does a very good job of keeping clothes from getting wrinkled and it has wheels so you don't have to lug around a hanging bag.  ...but it's a pretty big piece of luggage.  I normally only bring the garment bag when I am on a cruise of 7 nights or longer b/c it has become our habit to not participate in formal nights on any short cruises.  It's just not worth the hassle of bringing all that stuff for less than 7 nights.  But yes...I do also believe that the hanging bags/garment bags do a great job of minimizing wrinkles.