Monie71

Good camera or iPhone camera?

1 minute ago, 12thman said:

Thank you @twangster what mirrorless camera do you use? I'm not an Apple fan. Also the video looks great on my laptop but how is the video if you watch it on a 65" 4K screen? That's the reason for the camcorder (4K).

Sony A7III shoots in 4K.  So can their RX100M6 point and shoot.

29 minutes ago, twangster said:

Sony A7III shoots in 4K.  So can their RX100M6 point and shoot.

Thank you for the information! The Sony A7III seems to be the one closest to what I'm looking for that's in the price range of the camcorder. Only problem is I'll get the photo bug again and buy all kinds of accessories for my new toy!! LOL!!!

On 7/4/2019 at 10:29 AM, Chaosgirl426 said:

i just bought one of these, the newer model... but id go with best buy rather than wal mart. the wal mart camera comes from someone other than the actual store, it comes refurbished and they didnt give me the sky blue when i paid extra for it. i returned it and went with best buy. got a new camera and a free floaty strap. 🙂 (i did my research and settled on this after about a month) im with you on this one jolly ogre!!

I remember buying those disposable waterproof cameras, the resolution was awful.  

I was going to get a waterproof sleeve for our iPhones, but they are fairly new and pricey and I'd be worried about damage.  We do plan to bring one of our phones to take pictures at CocoCay, and then use the waterproof camera for when we're in the water.

I need a zoom lens as well.  This camera looks perfect.  Thank you!

If you want to use your phone and take video consider a DJI Osmo Moblie 3 handheld gimbal. Its around $119 and works great with an iPhone and can be used with other phones. Zoom, stabilization, tilt, pan, slow motion, time-lapse and active tracking