Royal Caribbean Blog

“Moments on Mariner” – Mariner of the Seas– August 13-17, 2018

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn’t entirely truthful…. or that’s what Hubby told me when I first presented the idea of this cruise to him.  The last time I blogged in March, while on board Anthem, I said the next live blog wou

So if you've been following these boards for a while, you will already know how much I love La Bamba when sailing out of South Florida. You probably have already heard @JLMoran, @tonyfsu21, and @belle

Solarium Photos: RC did an awesome job with this area. Loungers have been replaced and they have added in sun beds and other areas to lay around in. It has a very modern Miami type feel to it. I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sweety said:

I am hungry.

Ok...I can take the blame for that one 😉

1 hour ago, bellemiche said:

Your nails look awesome! Oh and the food looks good too! 😉

Thanks! I wanted them to do the actual RC logo but they couldn't. 

34 minutes ago, kpersons09 said:

I am so glad that I looked at the latest update after eating dinner. Those La Bamba pictures have me drooling on a full stomach 🤤

If you like Mexican or Spanish dishes, this restaurant really is a must try. Their portions are also very generous. 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

So if you've been following these boards for a while, you will already know how much I love La Bamba when sailing out of South Florida. You probably have already heard @JLMoran, @tonyfsu21, and @bellemiche make similar comments. Be sure to to give them a try the next time you are in the area pre/post cruise. Their food is delicious, portions are huge,  their margaritas are perfect, and service is wonderful! 

Current situation: Food Coma 

We love Sweet Nectar on Las Olas.  They make a dessert that is to DIE FOR.  It's a glazed donut sliced in half, peanut butter ice cream in between the halves, then it's drizzled with fudge and caramel.  OMG.  We're hoping to make a pit stop there in November between the ship and the airport.  Should have enough time, as long as they open early enough. 

Just now, LandstromCruise said:

Following along. Have a great cruise!  Trying to see how I can get another cruise in sometime soon. Missing it since our first back in March on Harmony. 

I went through the same feeling two-weeks ago. So I booked another cruise during the school year. I will be taking off a couple of days.

32 minutes ago, jurrjurr said:

Following. 

Have a great cruise!

Will do...you're next 😉

27 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Following along. Have a great cruise!  Trying to see how I can get another cruise in sometime soon. Missing it since our first back in March on Harmony. 

That's how it started for us....trying to squeeze in every bit that we can.

26 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Following....oh boy....cruise day...my favorite! Just wish we were cruising too.  We spent the weekend at Myrtle Beach instead.

Could always YOLO and book it! 😁

YIPPEE !!!  Have a GREAT time.

Envious.  I'm sitting in the airport in DC for a DELAYED flight that is going to get me to Chicago JUST late enough to miss my connection to lovey Fargo, ND.  I have a glorious 8 hours in Chicago to look forward to before the NEXT flight to Fargo.

Why am I not on a cruise again ??  Oh yeah.  work.  UGH

39 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

YIPPEE !!!  Have a GREAT time.

Envious.  I'm sitting in the airport in DC for a DELAYED flight that is going to get me to Chicago JUST late enough to miss my connection to lovey Fargo, ND.  I have a glorious 8 hours in Chicago to look forward to before the NEXT flight to Fargo.

Why am I not on a cruise again ??  Oh yeah.  work.  UGH

Hello from Chicago. Are you at Midway or O'Hare? You brought back memories. I had a good friend who lived in Fargo. I have been there several time. Please have a buffalo burger for me. The meat is very lean. Now you can get some REAL pizza.

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pretty uneventful flight into FLL. We are checked in and settled at Hyatt Place now as I sit here to update this. Everyone is either napping or relaxing. D9 seems to have picked up a second wind.

First impressions of this hotel is that it is a decent pre-cruise hotel. I did not bother to scope this as there was nothing extraordinary about it but definitely more than sufficient accommodations for one night. The room sleeps 6. Two double beds and the sofa pulls out into another double. My only gripe is that the sink area is outside the shower area. I don't like that set up. Other than that, very spacious. 

VVVVVVVVVV

The plan is to head out for an early dinner in a bit....La Bamba! 😍 Then we'll call it a night. 

wow...impressive! What hotel is this??   NEVERMND.....HELPS IF I READ, RIGHT!!

Lyft Plus from FLL to MIA $72.28.  It took us about 40min to get to the port. Check in was a breeze. We arrived at the curb at 10:45pm, on board by 11am. There is a separate check in and waiting area for JS and above. I did notice that there are a lot of "visitor groups" on board today. 

IMG_7146.thumb.JPG.7fedf3504329b2c0268acc1056b1a645.JPGIMG_7147.thumb.JPG.0571c9f8a2603d13ce73e7bc395e7ffe.JPGIMG_7148.thumb.JPG.e9d19e3daad38821a043588f34d94812.JPG

Suites waiting area: tight squeeze as the day visitors were also here.

IMG_7149.thumb.JPG.698b0a953d57cb696dcc0d454a8d763b.JPG

Love the decor of the WJ:

IMG_7144.thumb.JPG.7c51084dc53c45bc11cd1889cb1ddd7e.JPG

Drink package prices on board:

IMG_7145.thumb.JPG.16b2ad28f46e3a05bfc9de5f3f846d0c.JPG

The "get out of the WJ; make room others" call  came in at 12:15pm. While it is super crowded here, it still flows better than Anthem.  Hubby and D12 are still eating so we're still here 😉