Lovetocruise2002

“Moments on Mariner” – Mariner of the Seas– August 13-17, 2018

1 hour ago, Floski said:

Your nails are slammin!  I love the colours and am going to suggest them to my wife for our Nov. cruise.

I always enjoy your dialogue when you post; probably more than the pictures.    I hope y'all are having a blast!

We are having a great time! No complaints so far! Thank you for your kind words @Floski. And post those mani pics when you cruise in November. 😉

Junior Suite Room Tour:

There are 4 JS that were added in on Deck 11 during the latest dry dock. Really happy with our choice here. The cabin and all furnishings and cabinetry are all brand new. 

IMG_7150.thumb.JPG.44c7cf7e7f32ffbc18ea990a6091afaf.JPG

IMG_7151.thumb.JPG.fd54bac302a92955898486d61795527b.JPG

IMG_7152.thumb.JPG.495361e4e6d16cbf11e60623ee6a30b7.JPG

IMG_7153.thumb.JPG.08ed073ccee03ee482b2d25eeb9aa8c8.JPG

IMG_7154.thumb.JPG.be95f0cd6a0d0011692beb34b468a247.JPG

IMG_7155.thumb.JPG.817186c59606cea3a7e642409c214edc.JPG

IMG_7156.thumb.JPG.ea79377f404de0f5753d72872b22fbef.JPG

IMG_7161.thumb.JPG.42e6b99f3196c31431bfe17bd2fc9147.JPG

IMG_7163.thumb.JPG.608c36b66ce4873f4299df137573a6af.JPG

IMG_7181.thumb.JPG.10a2e45c99bb5c7b16da4871d29226c2.JPG

b2d1fa8a-781a-4e1d-9756-90c29a0c6b25.thumb.jpg.6415acb384783e5f5021611246499978.jpg

For those of you not on Periscope, here's the link to the Room Tour:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bkJOUDF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MW5BSkVRQk9ZblZKTPJ4EgsrNCH6pR_ZOyLjaIrSqjMM8-s2ThA9b6yT1Af9

We have our first ever JS on Mariner in October and I am absolutely LOVING the pictures! That room is SO BIG! 😍

Also - from that night 1 MDR menu, that grilled polenta veggie dish was one of my absolute FAVORITES from Adventure in February. We are only planning on doing night 1 in the MDR (in favor of Izumi and Jamie's the next two nights) so I'm really excited that that's the one on our menu!!! 

7 hours ago, Sweety said:

We looked at those suites. They look very roomy. We booked the panoramic suites on deck 10. No balcony.

Do you mean the panoramic suites on Deck 12? And yes those are brand new too. 

15 minutes ago, KLA said:

We have our first ever JS on Mariner in October and I am absolutely LOVING the pictures! That room is SO BIG! 😍

Also - from that night 1 MDR menu, that grilled polenta veggie dish was one of my absolute FAVORITES from Adventure in February. We are only planning on doing night 1 in the MDR (in favor of Izumi and Jamie's the next two nights) so I'm really excited that that's the one on our menu!!! 

The room is surprisingly spacious. I expected it to feel not as wide as it is. Not sure how the square footage compares but it even feels slightly bigger than the Junior suite we had on Anthem. The balcony also feels a bit deeper. 

Also, regarding the menus, @PRC had posted in a FB group that they have a 7 night menu that they rotate through in no particular order. It may not be your Night 1 menu. If you scroll through the FB insiders posts to the beginning of July when he was on, he posted all 7 menus.  However, the menu for dinner is posted on screens outside all the dining rooms in the morning, so you could check and move stuff around. 

7 minutes ago, ellcee said:

I got the spaghetti bolognese twice in the MDR. It's surprisingly good.

D12 is a huge pasta fan. She already said that she might be getting that again this week.

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The room is surprisingly spacious. I expected it to feel not as wide as it is. Not sure how the square footage compares but it even feels slightly bigger than the Junior suite we had on Anthem. The balcony also feels a bit deeper. 

How are you liking her compared to Oasis? It sounds like you are having a ball!

Good morning @Lovetocruise2002

Just returned to the office today after a short weekend trip to the cottage and noticed your live blog aboard Mariner 🙂 Totally agree with your thoughts on sailaway from Miami, really going to miss this experience as my next two cruises are out of Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral 😞 Loving your review, hope Day Two is a fantastic one! 

29 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

How are you liking her compared to Oasis? It sounds like you are having a ball!

Well nothing compares to Oasis class but this ship definitely has an Oasis class feel to it with the new additions. IMO, it is perfect for the first time cruiser who wants a taste for cruising.  We are having a great time so far. No complaints.

3 minutes ago, accio7 said:

Good morning @Lovetocruise2002

Just returned to the office today after a short weekend trip to the cottage and noticed your live blog aboard Mariner 🙂 Totally agree with your thoughts on sailaway from Miami, really going to miss this experience as my next two cruises are out of Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral 😞 Loving your review, hope Day Two is a fantastic one! 

Thank for following along. Today D9 turns 10 so it's all about swimming, slides, and Sorrento's pizza. 😊

Day 2 Nassau:

No plans to get off the ship today.  Getting ready to head off to Deck 12 to check out the slides. We had breakfast in the MDR today. I found myself missing CK this morning. There is a sit down menu for breakfast but also a small section of cold cuts, bread, and fresh fruit. Here is the menu. I actually forgot to take food pics 😱 We ordered the Express Breakfast. It was ok. The best part was that we did not have to fight the crowd in the WJ. 

IMG_7202.thumb.JPG.b7c388aa6f95ded5c3af52befc43a47e.JPG

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Also, regarding the menus, @PRC had posted in a FB group that they have a 7 night menu that they rotate through in no particular order. It may not be your Night 1 menu. If you scroll through the FB insiders posts to the beginning of July when he was on, he posted all 7 menus.  

Oh!! Thanks for the heads up on that! That's a bit different from the past. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well nothing compares to Oasis class but this ship definitely has an Oasis class feel to it with the new additions. IMO, it is perfect for the first time cruiser who wants a taste for cruising.  

I think that was exactly the strategy when they AMPED Mariner and immediately placed her into the 3/4 night FL short cruise market.  

Instead of having people experience the oldest and smallest ships as their first cruise as they test the waters on cheap short cruises, have them experience something that leaves them with a desire to cruise again, and again.  If they later try NCL or Carnival in this same short cruise market, they will be left with a 'should have sailed Royal' moment.

13 minutes ago, RRoman7 said:

Thank you for this post!  We are sailing on the 11/19/18 Mariner so all of this info and the menu info is so helpful!  Keep on having a blast!

You're welcome. We are gathering lots of ship photos today and will try to post tomorrow or Thursday. Stay tuned 😊

1 minute ago, bellemiche said:

Happy 10th birthday! 🎂

I passed it along that Ms. S wished her a happy bday 😊

Just now, twangster said:

I think that was exactly the strategy when they AMPED Mariner and immediately placed her into the 3/4 night FL short cruise market.  

Instead of having people experience the oldest and smallest ships as their first cruise as they test the waters on cheap short cruises, have them experience something that leaves them with a desire to cruise again, and again.  If they later try NCL or Carnival in this same short cruise market, they will be left with a 'should have sailed Royal' moment.

^^this. As usual, you said it way better 😊

Tip time...if you do not have your heart set on getting off the ship, then stay on. Barely any lines this morning. Kids have already swam, gone on slides, climbed the Lucky Climber, all with little to no lines and crowds. Now they are playing ping pong with no one around. 

Pool crowd:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bkLu5jF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MXlwSmRZcnlkTXF4V-UMsaTQMSL0Xm-UHWHQkWBApUiyKLxJX8QZc4x0gfn1

Slides:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bkLvJjF4TlFhYVJPT2V3UWJ8MWRqeFhuQXllcGpHWvDD25g5QBjwSrcrGrinmTaU-smcNXai_uYl7dYGnzVc

17 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tip time...if you do not have your heart set on getting off the ship, then stay on. Barely any lines this morning. Kids have already swam, gone on slides, climbed the Lucky Climber, all with little to no lines and crowds. Now they are playing ping pong with no one around. 

YES, best tip ever!!  Was on DCL in 2006 and we got back onboard REAL early on the Nassau stop. we were the ONLY 3 people at the pool.  typically it is over run by children!