Drink package

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The price varies. Buy it at a price that you're comfortable with,  and check for price drops.  Only look at the price per day.  Don't pay attention to the percentage off, as it really means nothing.   It is always more expensive on board. 

…. and as you check for price drops pay particular attention around “Black Friday” sale period if you are sailing after November.

two things: 

1.  if the price goes down after you purchase it you can cancel your purchase and re-purchase it.  The only issue is the reimbursement will take a day or two and the new charge is now.

2. The changes in price and percent will be all over the board.  Like @SpeedNoodles said look at the final price per day.  Like a lot of stores they will raise the price then put it on sale.  I have purchased items at 20% off and it was a lower price than when it was 50% off because the price went up.  Also like @Doug_Texas said black Friday always has good prices but do not rely on it because all prices keep going up so back Friday might be good but good at a high price.

And check just random days frequently.  I think there was a $5 a day drop on national Margarita day that I caught only because someone mentioned it here.  I find that the drink pkg fluctuates about $10 a day usually, and then sometimes black Friday can really score.  This year it didn't for me on the drink pkg but was awesome for excursions.  Jane

On 5/4/2024 at 8:03 PM, Lauren sementini said:

When is the best time to get the drink pkg? Will they ever have 40%off or is it cheaper to get it on the first day boarding??

Today!!!!

I'm serious today (May 6th) right now is the best day to buy the drink package because they are having a 24 hour sale on DBP's up to 45% off. 

9 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I'm serious today (May 6th) right now is the best day to buy the drink package because they are having a 24 hour sale on DBP's up to 45% off. 

Definitely worth checking out (as I posted earlier) but these sales of course vary by ship and sailing. The DBP is the same price for my next 2 cruises as it always is during a sale. I think the other packages are closer to Black Friday pricing though (I don't actually buy any of these, I just like keeping an eye on stuff).

FYI - the only 45% off I see for my 11 booked cruises is the water package. everything else is 30% off which RBP is 25.99 pp/pd that I have already booked. The DBP is BOGO 50% off on some.

Bit of tease to say up to 45% but only the applies to the water and nothing else 

42 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

On my next cruise, the 40% takes it down to a whopping $72.99. Great sale!

Yeah, this sale is underwhelming for our next cruise. Today's sale price has taken the price down from the "usual" $79.99 to...........

Drum roll ...................... $74.99

Cue the sad "you lost" tuba music from The Price is Right.

Is anyone else having trouble with the website?  I log in to the cruise planner, click on the cruise and it prompts me for my username and password.  I enter it and it puts back on the page to select a cruise.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Definitely worth checking out (as I posted earlier) but these sales of course vary by ship and sailing. The DBP is the same price for my next 2 cruises as it always is during a sale. I think the other packages are closer to Black Friday pricing though (I don't actually buy any of these, I just like keeping an eye on stuff).

On my B2B Utopia cruises this coming September I was able to get both cruises DBP at $70 dollars a day.  I haven't been able to book a DBP at $70 per day for years, even on Black Friday and I sail on Royal multiple times a year.  I was excited to so see $70 dollars a day after paying $87 to even $90 dollars per day pre-cruise prices for most of my cruises since the Royal Come Back.

I get it varies from ship to ship but depending on your ship and sail date the savings are real.

4 minutes ago, steverk said:

Is anyone else having trouble with the website?  I log in to the cruise planner, click on the cruise and it prompts me for my username and password.  I enter it and it puts back on the page to select a cruise.

Yes. I just came to this thread to bitch.  Whenever I try and access the CP I get completely kicked off the site, all the way back to the login page, which seems to be the same issue you are having.  Why am I always surprised when the Royal IT reveals itself to be a Royal PITA ?

13 minutes ago, TomHansen said:

I found this blog to see if this was an IT issue or a ME issue.  I'm glad to see that Royal Caribean has the same type of issues as most companies when they have a sale 

Wish you could have joined us under better circumstances, but welcome, regardless!

44 minutes ago, steverk said:

Entire thread about this added 2 hours ago.

Although I'm not doing the beverage package myself this time around, I know quite a few people in my group are planning to do it, so I went and checked out how this particular sale affects our particular voyage. Turns out that it is actually about $10 a day less than the prices they have been floating for the last few months on our ship and dates, so I sent out an alert to my own people to check it out if they are interested. Quite a few of the people I expect to be in my group have not actually booked their cabins yet, so I dearly hope that, as I expect, this or a similar savings will present itself as well on Black Friday, exactly 6 days (WHEW!!!) before my group sets sail.

23PBBackCoverArtFlyer1.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-06 142743.png

18 minutes ago, WhoCruiser said:

I dearly hope that, as I expect, this or a similar savings will present itself as well on Black Friday, exactly 6 days (WHEW!!!) before my group sets sail.

FYI, the Black Friday sale actually started on 11/9 last year. I just checked the receipts from my purchases. Even if it's later this year, they should have more time at least.

9 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Today!!!!

I checked and cruise planner shows exact same price as yesterday, just a different % off banner. I really hope they get a class action lawsuit against them one day for false advertising. It could be a multi billion dollar payout to anyone who has ever booked something through their website. Other companies have been hit with with them for way less deceptive advertising, not sure how they continue to get away with this.  

12 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I checked and cruise planner shows exact same price as yesterday, just a different % off banner. I really hope they get a class action lawsuit against them one day for false advertising. It could be a multi billion dollar payout to anyone who has ever booked something through their website. Other companies have been hit with with them for way less deceptive advertising, not sure how they continue to get away with this.  

I am sorry that your particular ship and sail date were not included in the promotion.  But it seems like there were a lot of folks myself included who were able to score some deals on several cruises.

I needed the sale to be through June 2025!  Alas, I will be watching black friday, as my two summer 2025 cruises are at 75.99.  My June 2024 cruise though, did go on sale to $64.99, but I had already bought it for the same price.  That is the lowest I've seen for my cruise!!  Jane

On 5/4/2024 at 5:16 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

The price varies. Buy it at a price that you're comfortable with,  and check for price drops.  Only look at the price per day.  Don't pay attention to the percentage off, as it really means nothing.   It is always more expensive on board. 

Is there a way to see what you bought it at the per day price? As an example, when I check my order history, it says I purchased two packages for $1434.72 CAD. Is there a way to see what my daily amount was? I think they also add in gratuities into that total price. Would make it easier to track the pricing to reprice it. 

2 hours ago, LTR said:

Is there a way to see what you bought it at the per day price? As an example, when I check my order history, it says I purchased two packages for $1434.72 CAD. Is there a way to see what my daily amount was? I think they also add in gratuities into that total price. Would make it easier to track the pricing to reprice it. 

Other than just doing the math (gratuities add 18%) no.  I keep a spreadsheet and write down the base price that I pay for everything on the Cruise Planner so that I can tell when there's a price change. #nerdalert

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

Other than just doing the math (gratuities add 18%) no.  I keep a spreadsheet and write down the base price that I pay for everything on the Cruise Planner so that I can tell when there's a price change. #nerdalert

This is such a good idea.  I end up dividing everything and trying to figure it out!  Or write it down somewhere and then forget where I wrote it!  Jane

I've been using https://royalpricetracker.com/   I believe someone on here created it.

Create an account, and you can add drink packages, excursions, etc...   It automatically checks prices daily,  and will send you an email if the price on one of the items your tracking drops.

There's also a place in each tracked item, that you can put in what you paid for the package.  Makes it super easy, with just a quick glance, to see if the current price is better than what I've previously paid.

1 hour ago, Keanoknick said:

I've been using https://royalpricetracker.com/   I believe someone on here created it.

Create an account, and you can add drink packages, excursions, etc...   It automatically checks prices daily,  and will send you an email if the price on one of the items your tracking drops.

There's also a place in each tracked item, that you can put in what you paid for the package.  Makes it super easy, with just a quick glance, to see if the current price is better than what I've previously paid.

I use this, too and really like it!

4 hours ago, fireclan said:

Thanks. just added our 11 booked cruises 🛳 including our S. Caribbean in 5 days!!! Starting to add the excursions, lunches and RBPs.  We saved $10 on our booked Cane Bay Beach Break, so far Thanks!!! I guess Celebrity ships are not included 😕 

9 hours ago, fireclan said:

11 hours ago, Keanoknick said:

I have an account over there and entered my data, but my prices haven't updated since the first week in April (and they've definitely changed a few times).  Anyone having issues?