Mods Gone Wild!!!! Icon Inaugural Sailing - January 27 - February 3, 2024

SpeedNoodles

Probably not going to get much sleep tonight. I am not going to lie. I am stressing about this:

IMG_9722.thumb.jpeg.bb66a3eca9e8b782d6f88de2278c5416.jpeg

Also, a friend who we are sailing with in March also texted me today to remind me that online check in is tonight for our March break cruise on Oasis. I need to wake up around 2am so I highly doubt I am checking in at midnight for that sailing. 

I'm packed!  Our flight doesn't leave until tomorrow evening, so I'll spend tomorrow going to the feed mill and picking up grain for the old lady (i.e. my 33-year-old Paso Fino mare) and taking my house/dog sitter out to lunch before she drives us to MSP.  We'll be arriving very late into FLL, and then we have to Lyft it down to the Intercontinental.  I thought about staying close to FLL, but it would just mean we'd have to get up early to check out, and that would just suck.  BTW, "early' for us is before noon.  We spent far too long being dog shifters (dog shift = overnight) and it's hard for one of us to adjust. I won't say which one of us.

I'm looking forward to the ship, of course, but I'm VERY much looking forward to seeing everyone, some of whom I've met before, some of whom I've just been interacting with for years, and then the people who aren't even on the radar yet!

6 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Both nights. One night will just be shorter than the other, lol.

Well seeing that I am waking up at 2am and it’s a travel day, I likely will not be awake by the time you get there tomorrow night. 😂 but hopefully we will see you around on Friday! 

I am 90% packed. 

I can't just take a vacation like a normal person. I have to completely push my schedule and max out all aspects of my life 😂

We are leaving Thursday mid-day to drive down to Miami. I convinced my mother to break up the drive so I could go to a concert in Ponte Vedra (south of Jacksonville). Who cares if this is the same concert that I flew down to South Florida to see in Key West and Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend..or the same as the one I drove to Pensacola to see last night. YOLO.

So we are driving to Jacksonville Thursday and on Friday we will do the rest of the drive to Miami. I have no clue where we are staying..I think we settled on the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon. No need to pay more $$ for a hotel closer to the port when we are driving our own car. We wrestled with the back and forth of renting a car one-way for each leg since Port of Miami parking has lost their freaking mind with pricing, but I hate dealing with Terminal A. I'd rather hop in my car and GTFO after the cruise is over.

I also am dealing with a work deadline and they're being stingy with allowing remote work, so this may be an ask for forgiveness situation when I do whatever I need to do in order to make the deadline while also living my best life.  I committed to the cruise before I was aware of the deadline, so too bad, so sad for them.

It's been a week..that's for sure. At least I will get to relax a bit in Miami the night before the cruise since we will only have about a 5 hour drive that day.

But to be honest, if I was solo I would have stayed in Orlando Friday night and taken Brightline Saturday morning to Miami.  Why..to see the concert again of course 🙃

Safe travels.  Yucky weather all around.  Good news high of 80 on Saturday. 

Anyone bringing formal long dresses?  I normally do not but some other friends are and I thought what the heck.  Went to try on my dress from a wedding before Christmas and it is a little snug which would be snugger after a few days.  Have to go with plan b dress.

It’s been a busy afternoon! We checked into the Intercontinental around 2:30pm and we scored a free upgrade to a loft! Can’t get one on Icon; but got one here lol. I usually never book this room because it doesn’t face the Bay. But this room is valued a whole lot higher than the Bay View King rooms that we usually book. Hubby actually had an opinion this time and said well take it. He said we can look at the water on Saturday 😄

This loft consists of two floors, and 1.5 baths. The lower level is a powder room, no shower. 
IMG_9730.thumb.jpeg.791416ee306c913a85eeb3c4844b6d81.jpeg

IMG_9747.thumb.jpeg.c582f44974c13eee1e98d44ba7d5b1a3.jpeg

IMG_9748.thumb.jpeg.4ea35736c2aa6f573d8a8a932fce7ab8.jpeg

IMG_9731.jpeg

IMG_9732.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9734.jpeg

IMG_9735.jpeg

IMG_9736.jpeg

IMG_9737.jpeg

IMG_9738.jpeg

IMG_9739.jpeg

IMG_9740.jpeg

IMG_9741.jpeg

IMG_9742.jpeg

IMG_9743.jpeg

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9746.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We never made it out of Miami before rush hour started so it has taken us a while to drive back to Fort Lauderdale. This is the real reason Hubby wanted to return, not just for La Bamba 

Gotta keep him happy for when you break that news to him about the S2S booking 

3 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 that hotel room is TO DIE FOR. Oh my goodness!

It’s a pretty cool room. However, the stairs are very steep. So if you have younger children, or even have mild difficulties with steps, be mindful if booking this room. Also, while we have stayed here many times in the past, this is the first time we have had a room that faces downtown. This side of the hotel is very noisy. I can hear all the traffic noise from Biscayne Blvd. below, and I can hear a lot of airplanes. We never hear any of that on the other side that faces the Bay.