Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

We just had terrible storms come through in North Atlanta suburbs on the way towards Atlanta. The wind was extreme. Power lines down,I have never seen my trees move in so many directions.  You may have even come though them on your way down.  They are fast moving so hopefully it is your last delay!

I'm kind of over Delta.  My last three trips with them have been clusters.  All were paid FC and each time they tried their best to downgrade me to coach as alternates.  

My next two cruises have flights booked with other carriers.  I'm not sure I won't experience the same grief but I'm so PO'd at Delta they didn't get my business.  

I think all of the airlines are a bit of a disaster right now.  My new rule is fly in two days before the cruise.  

Some good news and bad news in the last hour. The good news is that Disney allowed me to move our Hollywood Studios tickets to Saturday for a minimal charge of $5.33/pp. That takes away a lot of my stress. Bad news is that I am truly tired and our flight is now delayed until 11:30pm. At least we can now sleep in tomorrow….

1 minute ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Is there guarantee ✈️ will leave Atlanta tonight?

What's reason for another delay?  Weather or no crew?

Is it a full flight?  

What @ your bags?

I don't know how you are surviving without a few cocktails

Hang in there ...... 

No guarantees in this life lol. Full flight. Lots of cancellations and delays. Lots of grumpy people here. 

First it was weather that delayed the pilot. Then they gave our plane away to another flight going to Minneapolis cause they had a pilot for that. Now some other flight has arrived and I think we are boarding that one? 

The bags are in Orlando. They beat us there this time. We are the ones who are lost and playing the “Will they make it, will they not?” game 😂

No cocktails today. I can barely think clearly as it is. 

sweet lord this is insane. 

@Lovetocruise2002 sabrina, while i am glad your luggage has made it safely, i would PREFER THAT YOU ALSO HAD DONE THE SAME.

will be waiting and hoping for positive updates. travel days are always long but THIS TAKES THE BISCUIT. you guys are troopers and not merely of the storm variety. (i was trying to throw in a star wars reference for mr sabrina — i forget his name I AM TERRIBLE)

also @SweetPea you have the right idea, even if you are misinformed about tomatoes. 😇 we don’t typically travel in the summertime so i’ve never seen this kind of air traffic effery or weather bs before. it’s absurd!!

Oh @Lovetocruise2002, I am so sorry to hear about this.  I wish there were something we could all do to help you.  I know you'll plow through and I hope this sucks out all of the bad luck from the rest of the vacation.  It's as if you had a good luck surplus on the RUB and the universe needed to bring you back to even. 😞

I'm in the middle of the country (VA) and I am always between driving and flying for FL cruises.  We live near a regional airport so nothing is direct which means from leaving home until landing is always around 7-9 hours on the schedule.  The drive to PC is about 10 and just under 14 to Miami.  I never *want* to drive, but I always end up there lately because of the frequency that airlines don't meet their schedules anymore.  This ordeal has put an end to my internal struggle for the next MIA cruise.

Ugh, I'm just really sorry this happened.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I kind of figured the flight might be cancelled.  Hope the drive was uneventful.   

We sort of knew too. The second they said they did not have a pilot I knew. That is when I moved to switch our Disney tickets and we started looking into rental car options. 

39 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Eagerly awaiting an update & hoping for the best possible outcome. 🤞

36 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

OMG....what a day you two have had.  Am so sorry.  You must be exhausted.  Safe driving (if you end up going that route)

We are on our way. Praise God we actually got a car. So many flights were cancelled from Atlanta last night. The line at Avis was huge! We saw so many get turned away. Our advantage was booking early since we had a feeling it would be cancelled and we preferred to drive over risking another flight. Hope to arrive in Orlando to get our bags around 11:30am. Going on no sleep, I have been making sure that Justin takes frequent breaks to rest and stretch, so it’s taking just a bit longer. By the time we got the car, it was already past 4am.

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We sort of knew too. The second they said they did not have a pilot I knew. That is when I moved to switch our Disney tickets and we started looking into rental car options. 

We are on our way. Praise God we actually got a car. So many flights were cancelled from Atlanta last night. The line at Avis was huge! We saw so many get turned away. Our advantage was booking early since we had a feeling it would be cancelled and we preferred to drive over risking another flight. Hope to arrive in Orlando to get our bags around 11:30am. Going on no sleep, I have been making sure that Justin takes frequent breaks to rest and stretch, so it’s taking just a bit longer. By the time we got the car, it was already past 4am.

Glad you are on your way. Hopefully traffic wasn't too bad. Please make sure that your return flight isn't removed/cancelled since you didn't use your first leg.

59 minutes ago, MLH said:

Please make sure that your return flight isn't removed/cancelled since you didn't use your first leg.

We booked this one separately. Return is direct with Delta, not Air2Sea. 

29 minutes ago, bellemiche said:

Just think... this will be worth it on Sunday! Then you'll be able to relax!

Cannot wait!

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What a shambles the airline industry has become.

I know! Pretty crazy. Atlanta was such a hot mess last night. Some things are beyond their control, like weather, but my gripe is that they should not have held people hostage for hours. They should have cancelled earlier so people can make plans.

OMG this is the worse turn of events. A no longer direct flight took you out your way, then forced to drive. Ugh I don't want to do anything but send good thoughts your way.

You will get amazing rest, have an amazing meal, not suffer to much at Disney and board on Sunday in the best of spirits. 

OK ... now I am nervous.  

PLAN A: is to fly from Atlanta to Buenos Aires in January 2024 (to link up with Serenade).  We are flying on Delta.

PLAN B: I looked up how long it would take to drive and got:

image.png.0f17d9c9b7a9e6eb9de69955656602d9.png

PLAN C (assuming an 8 hour per day drive):

Drive to Colon, Panama = 72 hrs (9 days)

Ferry to Cartagena = 48 hrs (2 days)

Drive to Buenos Aires = 113 hrs (14 days)

25 days?  I might have to leave in August.

😉

Curt from Canada

24 minutes ago, Curt From Canada said:

OK ... now I am nervous.  

PLAN A: is to fly from Atlanta to Buenos Aires in January 2024 (to link up with Serenade).  We are flying on Delta.

PLAN B: I looked up how long it would take to drive and got:

image.png.0f17d9c9b7a9e6eb9de69955656602d9.png

PLAN C (assuming an 8 hour per day drive):

Drive to Colon, Panama = 72 hrs (9 days)

Ferry to Cartagena = 48 hrs (2 days)

Drive to Buenos Aires = 113 hrs (14 days)

25 days?  I might have to leave in August.

😉

Curt from Canada

Plan D - Pray? Lol

Here we are! Finally where we should have been a bit over 24 hours ago. 

Disney’s The Swan Reserve

- beautiful + new + modern

- as “un-Disney like” as possible 

- not as many kids 

- full Disney perks 

We booked a Junior Suite for a bit more room. I love their decor and colour schemes in all their rooms and throughout the hotel. We have been messaging them since yesterday morning regarding our delays. They were helpful, responsive, and very reassuring every time we updated them. 

IMG_7815.jpeg

IMG_7816.jpeg

IMG_7817.jpeg

IMG_7818.jpeg

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7820.jpeg

IMG_7821.jpeg

IMG_7822.jpeg

IMG_7823.jpeg

IMG_7824.jpeg

IMG_7825.jpeg

IMG_7826.jpeg