Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In other news, my Amazon Prime day purchases from yesterday have arrived. Our old ones are starting to fall apart. 

Thanks for posting this. Just ordered a 6-pack of similar ones as a stocking stuffer for SIL's family. They shouldn't have any vacations planned until after Xmas but I know they have spring cruises booked.

42 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Huh, I never think to buy luggage tags and speaking of Prime sale......I got so much stuff for my October cruise at a fraction of the price I normally pay. 

We like them better than those flimsy paper ones that they give you at the baggage check in counter. And after our lost luggage fiasco, always better safe than sorry. 

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks for posting this. Just ordered a 6-pack of similar ones as a stocking stuffer for SIL's family. They shouldn't have any vacations planned until after Xmas but I know they have spring cruises booked.

Those would make a good stocking stuffers! We also caved and finally bought a pack of 4 AirTags for this trip. 

21 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We like them better than those flimsy paper ones that they give you at the baggage check in counter. And after our lost luggage fiasco, always better safe than sorry. 

Those would make a good stocking stuffers! We also caved and finally bought a pack of 4 AirTags for this trip. 

I bought some today, too.  Never used them before but since it's Prime Day....

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I don't factor in daily gratuities because with star, we would tip the Genie. So to me, that is a wash.

Hmmmpph. Tomato, tomahto 🤣

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

you’re going to get your steps in!!

Ah, you tiny, tiny peoples. For some of us, there is a difference between walking and waddling. I starve myself before a cruise so i can make it to Day 3 before crossing that bad line ....

@Lovetocruise2002 I know my sailing was a one off!

I have good feelings about your adventure and can not WAIT to hear about the wonderful Wonder. I'm dying to see the pictures of that suite.

My RUB bid was truly minimum as in 720.00. So it worked out great between the two of us we have photos of both suites. I admit I am ecstatic you are sailing Star as the Evian (you won't have to beg) and the boarding will be much more enjoyable. Remember up the escalator, turn left and then left again where there is a desk just for you to check in with NO line. Remember tell them Star suite unless the Genie has you already, this depends on the Genie and their schedule. But once checked in turn around and head straight back to the Star & Pinnacle holding pen. It's very pretty like Miami with gorgeous furniture and a restroom, from there the Genie should for sure come get you.

Happy Anniversary again to you and Justin, we wish for you a sailing full of love, relaxation and enjoyment. Ugh, I can't believe it is only the 13th! I can't wait for you to sail. I'm happy you won the RUB early....I told Cabash your bid & he said ...wait for it, Oh you could have bid that! Really, my head almost exploded, lol 🤯 Sure honey, sure. Oh I love that man 💙

11 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Ah, you tiny, tiny peoples. For some of us, there is a difference between walking and waddling. I starve myself before a cruise so i can make it to Day 3 before crossing that bad line ....

This, this right here. We could totally be cruise buddies!!!!!!

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

@Neesa Then you should have booked Wonder for early next June to sail with me instead of worrying about MDR theme nights on Adventure. 🤣

@Neesa and I will both be worry about MDR theme nights on Adventure next summer lol. I cannot afford Oasis class next anniversary since we are headed off to the Med with the kids. MDR it is lol

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Neesa and I will both be worry about MDR theme nights on Adventure next summer lol. I cannot afford Oasis class next anniversary since we are headed off to the Med with the kids. MDR it is lol

Well if you two could handle slumming it instead of your fancy schmancy suites... 🤣

I actually started planning for our Wonder cruises next year. Between my wife's pickiness, portion size, and personal opinion, we haven't been MDR fans for a long time.

That said, it looks like we'll eat there a few nights each cruise (the nights there's something on the menu she may actually eat). Early seating of course so we have time to go get more food from WJ after since she'll inevitably not love hers and I'll still be hungry either way.

Is it becoming clear how different our cruises are when we're alone as opposed to being treated to a GS? Two different worlds... and I love that we enjoy both of them for different reasons.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

I admit I am ecstatic you are sailing Star as the Evian (you won't have to beg)

It has been confirmed by Hannah that it is Vellamo...we'll see what happens once on board.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

Remember tell them Star suite unless the Genie has you already, this depends on the Genie and their schedule. But once checked in turn around and head straight back to the Star & Pinnacle holding pen. It's very pretty like Miami with gorgeous furniture and a restroom, from there the Genie should for sure come get you.

She emailed me last night regarding the boarding process. It sounds very much like Terminal A in Miami. She said that at the pier there will be "star check-in agents" and "star porters". She said to make sure I don't hand my luggage over to regular porters. Then she said the dedicated land person for star will message her and she will meet us after security. That sounds pretty identical to Miami. She also asked for my cell number and said she would make contact the morning of the 23rd and until then we would email.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

Ugh, I can't believe it is only the 13th!

Don't you worry, the fun begins on the 19th! Hubby decided that he does not want to drive to DTW at 4am so we are heading over the night before.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

.I told Cabash your bid & he said ...wait for it, Oh you could have bid that! Really, my head almost exploded, lol 🤯 Sure honey, sure. Oh I love that man 💙

Hubby surprised me too. He was grumbling that he does have to spend more, but then he said he was really happy we won it.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That said, it looks like we'll eat there a few nights each cruise (the nights there's something on the menu she may actually eat). Early seating of course so we have time to go get more food from WJ after since she'll inevitably not love hers and I'll still be hungry either way.

If you keep an eye out, the 3 night dining package is a good option. It allows you some variety. That was our original plan. But it does sell out quickly so keep a eye on it. We were able to get it for $266 total for 2 of us over Black Friday. 

27 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you keep an eye out, the 3 night dining package is a good option. It allows you some variety. That was our original plan. But it does sell out quickly so keep a eye on it. We were able to get it for $266 total for 2 of us over Black Friday. 

1. You're assuming my wife would actually eat in 3 different specialty restaurants (or want to do 2/1). I know she likes one and she'd probably try one other but they're the cheapest ones on the ship.

2. You're underestimating my definition of frugal, lol.

That's a good price though for sure, thanks. I'm curious to see if Black Friday actually resembles Black Friday this year.

We'll be fine. We really do have a routine that works for us. My wife doesn't starve and I always gain 8-10 lbs. in 7 nights so we must be eating something.

26 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Same world. Ask @Neesa, we're pretty down to Earth, we remember where we are from.

But we do like to spoil ourselves when we can.

I know you are and you do. That wasn't meant to be serious. I just found "free range ricotta" humorous (yes I know they meant the eggs).

I'm sure I posted somewhere (probably Neesa's blog) that my wife and I both grew up comfortably and we're thankful for what we have now. We may not be wealthy but frugality really is the right word, that's why I use it so much. We could splurge (like our 18 day Alaska land/sea trip in 2018 which cost just a tad more than 2 interiors in the Caribbean, lol), we just save it for very special occasions.

We both appreciate being comfortable around anyone from any walk of life as long as they're down to earth, good people (sadly, not as easy to find as I'd like)... and I know you and Neesa fit the bill.

52 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I know you are and you do. That wasn't meant to be serious. I just found "free range ricotta" humorous (yes I know they meant the eggs).

43 minutes ago, Jax said:

So much better than WestJet

I truly think that Delta makes it sound fancier than it is. I still think that Air Canada has a way better FC product. I just don’t trust AC to be reliable.

I am always shocked when people say they gain on cruises. I eat more than I ever would in my "real" life and always lose weight. 

I know we had this convo in @Neesa Wonder blog but I am all for people living their best lives. I can afford to do star class, but I personally find little value in it. I will say that I can appreciate CK more now that I have had to deal with the MDR. But I am a budgeter that assigns value to everything. I can do luxury on a budget. I don't think doing star class/being a suite snob makes @Lovetocruise2002 , @Neesa or anyone else any less down to earth. Just like choosing only interiors wouldn't make another person cheap. 

Also, the free-range omelet is the way to go, spoken by a person who doesn't eat seafood, therefore it's the only true option.