Royal Beach Club-any updates?

Jill

On 12/9/2022 at 9:18 AM, BrianB said:

20221207_122815.thumb.jpg.15541950acbfd63ead1fe73ab8ed4e16.jpgI still don't know exactly where it's supposed to be.

Is it the area directly across from where the ships dock?

This photo is from Wednesday. 

Yep that’s the strip of land and obviously nothing has been started. I guess another casualty of Covid. Probably 2 year set back

• 2 months later...

Just read the article.  Looks like a great spot.  Just wondering how expensive Royal will have this “excursion” cost.  Hopefully it will be be reasonable enough for a family to not have to go broke just to try it out.  I do look forward to seeing this come to life!

22 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Hopefully it will be be reasonable enough for a family to not have to go broke just to try it out.  I do look forward to seeing this come to life!

Hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t hold my breath for this to be a “reasonable “ price - especially at first.  With prices going ever higher on PDCC add-ons, I expect this “experience” to follow that pattern.

16 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hope I’m wrong but I wouldn’t hold my breath for this to be a “reasonable “ price - especially at first.  With prices going ever higher on PDCC add-ons, I expect this “experience” to follow that pattern.

Oh well, guess I will have to spend the $$$ once to check out this new beach experience.  Then I can determine whether or not it’s worth whatever price they set.  Ughhh…I’ll be hitting 69 in 2025 so maybe once is all I’ll need!  😆 😂 😝 

The price will be whatever the market will bear. With the price of 'add-ons' at Coco Cay I'm not holding my breath that this will be within my budget. There seem to be a lot of people out there with a lot more money than me. Either that or people are blowing the budget on 1 vacation. Myself, I prefer to go more much more frequently and not break the bank on 'extras'.

17 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

The price will be whatever the market will bear. With the price of 'add-ons' at Coco Cay I'm not holding my breath that this will be within my budget. There seem to be a lot of people out there with a lot more money than me. Either that or people are blowing the budget on 1 vacation. Myself, I prefer to go more much more frequently and not break the bank on 'extras'.

I agree, and more power to the people who are able to pay the prices.  I think it's great.

We are bringing our middle son, his wife, and our two granddaughters on Anthem next February.  CocoCay stuff loaded recently, and we kicked around the idea of getting a cabana until we saw the price.  It's more than we paid for the two cabins, one of them for four people.

(This is not an angry post, it is just a voice of strong dissent.)

1) The sooner we stop looking like a slumlord--the better.

2) The thought that our passengers are going to walk in the opposite direction ALL the way from berths 7 & 8, past all the other ships and passengers ships,  and zig zag through whatever vendors in the new terminal to get on a pontoon boat ferry that takes them back to where they were.....is a deal killing waste of an hour and 1/3 of a mile our passengers don't want to walk. 

Even if they had magic Beach Club exclusive pier busses, IMO, nobody wants to go backwards to go forwards to go to something they can easily see from their ship.

The Beach Club is a lousy 3 iron away, you guys have got to come up with a better solution to cross the channel.  TemporaryZipline?  Movable bridge like the one Curacao?  It's got to be creative, effective and sorry to say; is gonna cost a lot of $$$.

< steps off soapbox and quietly walks away>

IMG_1135.jpeg

39 minutes ago, bobroo said:

The Beach Club is a lousy 3 iron away, you guys have got to come up with a better solution to cross the channel.  TemporaryZipline?  Movable bridge like the one Curacao?  It's got to be creative, effective and sorry to say; is gonna cost a lot of $$$.

Maritime law dictates that each ship has enough life vests for all passengers. Solution is cheap, have a rope from pier to new facility. Passengers get life vest issued at excursion check in on ship and use rope for assistance to cross the 200’ channel. 
This solution is lower cost than my superior idea of catapult from ship into foam pit (hopefully, or at least 99% accurate) on island. 
Quantum class ships could employ their NorthStar to span some of the distance and then have bungee jump or repelling.

So many options besides walking 1/3 of a mile the wrong direction to a ferry. 

Regarding the ferry ride over in lieu of something else, it's by design, not lack of planning.

In short, this beach club is not meant to replace the ship's visit to Nassau. The Bahamas doesnt want that, because it needs Nassau to be viable (read: profitable) stop for them. There's no way the Bahamas would approve a "private island"  that would cannibalize wholly the passenger traffic.  

I'm not sure "compromise" is the right word, but having ferries means cruisers have equal opportunity to also stop in Nassau and spend money there too. 

20 hours ago, bobroo said:

I was thinking a soft 7 or hard 8?

On 3/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

I would be willing to bet that the access will be free like Coco Cay but yes the cabanas, some pools, something like "Coco Beach Club" will have a cost to them. I guess I'm all for that charge for individuals that can and will pay it to have that experience/access. That generates revenue and will help offset for others.🤷‍♂️

When I compared Useful acreage of PDCC to the new Beach club, it will be roughly 4 acres less of useful space then PDCC. That does make it significant but not everyone will go off the ship or to the Beach Club. I know the day of PDCC on our Call with Oasis and Brilliance last week, you could still reserve a couple $3000 cabanas, that is telling me that the New is starting to wear off and the prices "should" decline slightly especially if that trend continues. 

Time will tell and revenue will dictate prices like always.  

37 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This kind of thing just makes me laugh.  Soooo many crocodile tears shed over potentially devastating environmental concerns.  BS !  Atlantis is worried about competition !  Competition is a good thing.  No more monopoly/captive audience for Atlantis.  

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This kind of thing just makes me laugh.  Soooo many crocodile tears shed over potentially devastating environmental concerns.  BS !  Atlantis is worried about competition !  Competition is a good thing.  No more monopoly/captive audience for Atlantis.  

Seeing as the government of the Bahamas is a partner, I wonder if they've made their concerns known to them, too. I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 4:04 PM, Jill said:

It can’t be free @Midwest Cruiser. The beach club only has capacity for 3800 (at least that’s what was initially reported). 

Thats 1/2 an oasis or icon class ship. 

I expect the whole thing will have a price tag 

Good catch on the Number of guests. Finally found that in the EIA. And yes in that EIA it highlights the per person cost to enter. Actually interesting to look over the EIA page 1-3 is where the majority of the info is.

https://www.royalcaribbeangroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/RC-2020-12-15-FINAL-Environmental-Impact-Assessment-Rev-1.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 11:04 AM, smokeybandit said:

Boohoo.  Maybe Atlantis could offer something more compelling that would get people off the boat (honestly I rarely get off in Nassau these days).

Besides, Royal is just one cruise line that stops there...plenty of additional $$'s to be had if you can provide people with an incentive to spend them (read: something fun and worth doing on your vacation).

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Are we placing bets that the price will be higher or lower than the cost of the Beach Club on CocoCay for any particular sailing?

1 hour ago, Carlos A. said:

It has to be competitive with the Atlantis Day Pass... if it cost more that $250 people maybe would be going to Atlantis instead. 

Isn't Atlantis in Nassau? PDCC is in the Bahamas but not in Nassau, so this beach club will be located by PDCC. I imagine people will choose the cheaper one when both ports are on the itinerary. 

I purposely avoid itineraries that include Nassau. Have been 11 times from 1987-2019. 5 times as a land vacation (Atlantis and Sandals), 6 times by cruise ship. By ship, we’ve never spent any significant time off the ship. Will have Nassau in October for our 4 night Allure. Plan to stay on the ship. 

Pretty sure I’ll never see this beach club either. I live in Florida. 30 minutes to the beach. I’m not paying $200/$250+ to sit on a beach. I won’t pay it for coco beach club or this one. I imagine those who are landlocked or those with unlimited funds will pay it. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Isn't Atlantis in Nassau? PDCC is in the Bahamas but not in Nassau, so this beach club will be located by PDCC. I imagine people will choose the cheaper one when both ports are on the itinerary. 

Royal Beach Club will be in Paradise Island, in Nassau, not in PDCC