Test Cruise Invite

For the near term by sticking with CSO guidelines it absolves a great deal of potential liability if something goes wrong.  Possibly legally and possibly in the court of public opinion.  

If they deviate from CSO guidelines and something goes wrong the outcome could be very bad for them.

So I maintain my assertion the legal tennis match is a moot point for us cruisers and our likely experiences in the near term.  

Well, unsurprisingly, it appears that lowly gold members are not getting invites for the test cruise.

Man, I would have gone in a second.

Bot - have a great time!   Matt - enjoy your fourth cruise already!!

Congrats to all that will be on the test cruise.  Even though I am low man on the totem pole I appreciate the fact that Royal is recognizing and offering the test cruises to their loyal most customers.  Congrats to all and thank you for helping to shape cruising for the rest of us.  

Symphony of the Seas September 25th for me

5 hours ago, Floski said:

Well, unsurprisingly, it appears that lowly gold members are not getting invites for the test cruise.

Man, I would have gone in a second.

Bot - have a great time!   Matt - enjoy your fourth cruise already!!

Even though you haven't gotten an invite yet look at the bright side these test cruises will benefit all of us because they will allow us all to get back out there on the open ocean enjoying a vacation we all disparately need. 

I'm happy for everyone who has or will get an invite for a test cruise because I'm looking forward to getting onboard Symphony of the Seas on October 30, 2021.   I'm not sure if they will allow B2B at this time but once final payment date has passed I will be looking for a 7 night November cruise out of Florida as well. In years past I've seen some good deals and great room open up after final payment day due to the fact some people made the reservation but didn't pay. Hoping to cash in this year I have a few more FCC's I can use. 

On 7/25/2021 at 8:52 AM, JeffB said:

I don't think it is yet clear what the status of the CSO is. While it is accurate that technically given that the 11th USCOA denied the CDC's appeal to stay the Middle Court of FL's injunction of the CSO, that preliminary injunction scheduled to be effective July 18th, also technically the appeals process is not yet completed. It still could be heard by SCOTUS and some think it will be. Either that or SCOTUS will decide not to hear it and then the 11th's ruling will stand. At that point, the enforceability of the CSO only on ships sailing from FL ports will end. Meanwhile the CSO may still be enforceable.

I think you answered your own question.

Right now, the CSO is a recommendation in Florida due to the win awarded by Merryday (and subsequently denied stay for the CSO).

Could the CSO go back into effect if one of the CDC's appeals wins? Absolutely.

To that point, Michael Bayley's post that @twangster shared demonstrates cruise lines aren't going to rush a bunch of ships back in because CSO isn't a mandate anymore, only to have to take them all back if/when CSO becomes law again.

That's my understanding, anyway.

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right now, the CSO is a recommendation in Florida due to the win awarded by Merryday (and subsequently denied stay for the CSO).

Could the CSO go back into effect if one of the CDC's appeals wins? Absolutely.

In practical terms and in light of what the Bayley statement reflects, I agree with your points. 

The law can be a niggling nuisance though and that's at play in the question of whether or not the CSO is enforceable in FL. 

Until the CDC's appeals process on the preliminary inunction is complete, I do not believe the default position is that Merryday's preliminary injunction goes into affect, i.e., on or after July 18th. 

I do think there is room for both takes on this. We might get some clarification this week from the Merryday court.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, Floski said:

nor diamond (at least for me) ?

been frantically keeping an eye on my email for the indy test cruise out of galveston that leaves sunday

On 7/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Ash1425 said:

Anyone receive an invite for symphony yet? I was told Friday they hadn’t gone out. Thought they would definitely go out today since it’s set to sail in 6 days! 

I have a friend who's wife is a travel agent living in South Florida and they received their invitation for Symphony a couple of weeks ago.  My last hope would be Mariner I guess.

I’m also hoping for an invite on Oasis out of Bayonne. Easy drive to the port. But, I would only be able to go solo…don’t know if they want two passengers per invite. Either way…tick tock…Oasis test sail date keeps getting closer. Fingers crossed.