Royal Caribbean Blog

Cruising with Greatness – Anthem Group Cruise – July 4-13, 2019

1 minute ago, Cruising to Retirement! said:

It's so beautiful!  I'm personally drawn to the St. George's area charm and all the other unique areas!

It will also be our first time also, and we were looking forward to seeing St. George's, until we found out the ferry doesn't run on Saturday, which is the day we will be in Bermuda. We didn't feel the love thinking we would have to take a bus or taxi all the way over there.

Oh well, that just means we have to go back to Bermuda. 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who’s Going? The usual crew:  Hubby, our 2 girls, D10 & D12 (a month shy of 11 &13), and myself. Flight Our plan is to fly from DTW to EWR two days before.  Since it is our summ

Cruising with Greatness – Anthem Group Cruise – July 4-13, 2019 Anthem of the Seas the Reboot (aka Anthem, The Lite Edition). For those of you who have been around for a while, you kno

Final Thoughts: Where do I begin...? Let’s start with the ship itself. While the weather was a huge improvement from March, I still do not care for Quantum class. It’s not for me. @Matt ment

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

It will also be our first time also, and we were looking forward to seeing St. George's, until we found out the ferry doesn't run on Saturday, which is the day we will be in Bermuda. We didn't feel the love thinking we would have to take a bus or taxi all the way over there.

Oh well, that just means we have to go back to Bermuda. 

There are so many unique areas of Bermuda!  You will LOVE it all!  Oh well, cruise loving people don't need a huge nudge to go back.....just saying!  Ha!

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

I thought it was that if two AI bots could converse they could reprogram each other and then hack this ship to harvest its resources. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Well now we will never know...or maybe one day? @twangster 😉

I suspect two cruise addicted AI bots might overload the NextCruise desk.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

until we found out the ferry doesn't run on Saturday, which is the day we will be in Bermuda. We didn't feel the love thinking we would have to take a bus or taxi all the way over there.

That is why we decided to book the bus tour. I did not want to taxi around either.

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

What was your answer?  Only then will we know the extent of your cruise addiction.  

Hubby will leave me if I booked between AN and SY lol.  So the answer was “yes” 😊

14 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

T-4 days until our dog sled takes us from our igloo to NYC. (In the words of @Matt).

I have never so desperately needed a cruise until now. The month of June has been beyond busy and emotionally draining. Between organizing a grad trip, saying goodbye and graduating a group of Grade 8 students that I have taught multiple times since they were in Grade 2, changing work locations, and the usual home chaos, all I want to do is sit on the balcony and watch the waves.  

Because of the craziness of this month, I have barely had time to plan properly for this cruise. It’s a good thing that we have done Anthem before.  In the next few days, the “to-do” list includes:

1. Mani/Pedi with my girls tomorrow.

2. Do laundry.

3. Pack.

4. Do more laundry. 

5. Clean my house. 

6. Finish packing. 

Will start in the morning as I am past tired at this point.

DW has been working on packing for 2 weeks, I just finished packing, it took me 30 minutes lol.

I know what you mean about June, our June was super busy and stressful also, work and Grand parents life.

See you Thursday sometime.

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

See you Thursday sometime.

Either you will see me camping out at the CK podium begging for dinner reservations or I will see you at 2pm at the Lava Flow meet up 😊

I am currently trying to fold laundry so that I can pack 😔

17 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Will be following along..glad someone on the inside is gonna blog this one 😉

I am waiting for @CGTLH to jump in and provide WJ recon coverage 😆

24 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am waiting for @CGTLH to jump in and provide WJ recon coverage 😆

20 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

DIY! Not like CK is all that far from WJ  😂

Either way, I'll hijack as I see fit...

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You are another one that I cannot wait to meet! Will you bring the scary pumpkin head? How else will I recognize you?! 😆

This is so funny...I posted my replies (all this stuff) to @AshleyDillo on another thread befor ever seeing these.

Great minds.....

20 minutes ago, Skid said:

This is so funny...I posted my replies (all this stuff) to @AshleyDillo on another thread befor ever seeing these.

Great minds.....

And I replied here before I even saw your post in the other thread.  Shows you that great minds think alike. 😉

Sabrina I cannot wait to read your blog!  I am so glad you will be able to relax and re-boot!   I am so jealous of you all group cruisers!  We had already booked Europe this summer and my bank is broke after the grad trip and that.  Matt needs to keep planning summer ones and then at least I can go (with or without Jeff depending on summer school) someday,   Just remember all of you, us kids at home are looking for scopes and posts to live vicariously through you guys!  Jane

T-3 Days

We just had dinner.  Plain fish and broccoli and I told myself with every bite that in a few days, I will be enjoying CK meals (at least I hope).  

Some things never change...Hubby asked us over dinner, "Where does this ship go this time?" 🤦🏻‍♀️

I am not sure if he even knows what ship we are sailing.  I tried to direct him over to this live blog for answers, but he does not know where to find the blog. 🙃

58 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am not sure if he even knows what ship we are sailing

He is for one hell of a surprise! Especially if your daughters give him the "duh, what were YOU thinking of Dad" as you're boarding the ship/checking in. Please post a photo of his expression when the "Aha" minute hits him, priceless. :3_grin: 

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

T-3 Days

We just had dinner.  Plain fish and broccoli and I told myself with every bite that in a few days, I will be enjoying CK meals (at least I hope).  

Some things never change...Hubby asked us over dinner, "Where does this ship go this time?" 🤦🏻‍♀️

I am not sure if he even knows what ship we are sailing.  I tried to direct him over to this live blog for answers, but he does not know where to find the blog. 🙃

Yesterday my in-laws were asking my wife where we were going and she said "The Bahamas", as I quietly muttered "No" under my breath...  To which she replied "I don't really know, I just get on the plane and go on vacation."  

Also freaking out a little because I have yet to pack anything.  Brought the suitcases upstairs yesterday, but work has been severely getting in the way of my packing ability.  

7 hours ago, betatke1480 said:

To which she replied "I don't really know, I just get on the plane and go on vacation."  

Well she is in for one heck of a surprise then on this sailing! ⭐

2 minutes ago, KathyC said:

Am I allowed to take a picture with you, as long as I promise not to post it? 😉

We'll see....hard for bots to take pictures lol.

15 hours ago, KathyC said:

Am I allowed to take a picture with you, as long as I promise not to post it? 😉

We already established in @twangster's Ovation Alaska blog that bots are like vampires and don't show up in photographs. Now, being a Lulubot instead of a regular bot, it might be more like with the character Seth in "City of Angels"; instead of being invisible, she'll just be this brilliant pillar of light in the photo.

😁