Cruising with Greatness – Anthem Group Cruise – July 4-13, 2019

Lovetocruise2002

31 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

For anyone curious about shows

Been watching comedian Jim David for 20 years. Haven't seen him in a while but he has always been hilarious. Should be great shows.

For those who have not sailed Anthem before, We Wiil Rock You is a must see--do not miss it. AND, when you think it's over and people start to leave, it is not over. Stay put or you will regret it.

58 minutes ago, DJsMrs said:

Out of curiosity - any idea when the bumper cars open on boarding day?

56 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

They were open earlier. I will check the compass and get back to you later. Or maybe @CGTLH will get to it first. I like this dual blogging thing. Less to do ?

Compass has 11:30am to 2:30pm

For the Night 1 CK dinner menu see my last live blog from Anthem. Link in signature below or on page one of this blog. 

As for dinner pics, only one matters:

41907706-D4C3-42C6-BF14-AACDAFC2A777.thumb.jpeg.83fc064822a78962fa3cbda785c59737.jpeg

So disappointed to see @Matt dining in the WJ ?. @CGTLH had a better excuse. We both ate at CK but I am so full I can barely move, so he kindly took care of it.

Also met @tiny260 and his DW today. I love these two! Fantastic people! 

For the rest of the evening, D12 has gone up to the Teen Meet & Greet. The rest of us are planning to watch the Welcome aboard show. Not sure what will happen after this. 

Oh man - is Matt Yee back onboard again? (He plays the adult show in the Schooner Bar) . He is a very polarizing dude... either you love him, or you can't stand him.  I'm definitely of the latter persuasion... ? Totally ruined my Schooner Bar experience on my Anthem cruise lol.

3 minutes ago, firebuck said:

Oh man - is Matt Yee back onboard again? (He plays the adult show in the Schooner Bar) . He is a very polarizing dude... either you love him, or you can't stand him.  I'm definitely of the later persuasion... ? Totally ruined my Schooner Bar experience on my Anthem cruise lol.

Nope. He’s not on this sailing. Someone named Jafar Curry is in the schooner bar.

4 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Hey, I finally remembered my password, and I come back to this! What did you think?! 

Truthfully, I did not like it. I was guilty of abandoning a drink today after two sips. It was that one. #teamDX ?

It sure was pretty though. D12 wanted to know if it was available in a non-alcoholic version ?

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Truthfully, I did not like it. I was guilty of abandoning a drink today after two sips. It was that one. #teamDX ?

It sure was pretty though. D12 wanted to know if it was available in a non-alcoholic version ?

What was in the drink?  Looked pretty! 

21 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pics of the suites waiting area at Cape Liberty. I did not get these last time as boarding already started that time. 

The only refreshments available were coffee and tea. 

61CC03B2-DE25-49A4-8DAA-ECA81B52E733.thumb.jpeg.b4795d91ff1dd3823439f1f1d9f6495e.jpeg

DB346164-86ED-499A-B0D1-15FC9DEB1440.thumb.jpeg.e8aec0f6718bd5c64fc63bb049f2f829.jpeg

4BD77636-F742-4B2E-A5F9-BB51724F14BE.thumb.jpeg.efe918714281f1d7c316d674f1e8527a.jpeg

2F8A5E10-6EF9-4623-8B29-AFAC00B9830F.thumb.jpeg.3b5dc18c93c21befcd70cadfa8dc7442.jpeg

Definitely a big step down from the suites waiting area at Terminal A in Miami. Hopefully they take that design concept to the other terminals. 

57 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Definitely a big step down from the suites waiting area at Terminal A in Miami. Hopefully they take that design concept to the other terminals. 

No kidding !  What a great Suites area at MIA A.  We used it for the first time on our NAV B2B and just...WOW.  PoL is really at the bottom of the barrel for Star Class (or any Suite, really) waiting/boarding area. Very small, dingy and NOT exclusive in any way.

So, we slept wonderfully last night and did not wake up until about 10:15am. Hubby and D12 are still in bed. D10 and I wandered into the WJ as everything else was already done for breakfast. Awful place! We walked in and walked right back out. Told D10 that I could not do it. Pure madness in there! 

We wandered down to the Esplanade to grab some milk and pound cake. That was breakfast. 

Currently wandered into a napkin folding class while we wait for 270 to open for lunch. 

9D88142B-BADA-499A-9346-4CF954CC50F9.thumb.jpeg.e1ca29de3acecc311cb148948b37f634.jpeg

Still no sign of Hubby and D12. ?

This afternoon we have a meet up at 1pm and the bar crawl at 2:30pm. I am sure some scopes will follow...