SpeedNoodles

Ovation of the Seas to Alaska - June 21-28 - The non-fabulous-photo version:

Ok you guys, I'm SO excited. Mr. SpeedNoodles and I have not been on a vacation for 10 years (yes, you read that correctly). We've had time off from work, hauling the hounds to dog shows, but those are work.  Lots of fun, but lots of work.  This year is our 25th wedding wedding anniversary, his 50th birthday, we found a hound(s)/house sitter, and we are READY TO GO!!!

I'll focus this blog mostly on the ship, since there's no way my photos of the scenery will do any justice of it, and Twangster did a superb job on his. Hats off to him - they were absolutely incredible!  I don't know that I'll be able to post daily, but I intend to do the best that I can.  We will have 36 hours in Seattle before we get on the ship, so we're super excited about that! 

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick .....

Screenshot_20190613-224131_Ship Mate.jpg

Truth is pictures hardly do justice to Alaska.  

Enjoy your cruise.  Mine is a memory at this point and I'm super jealous that you are sailing to a part of the country that I enjoy so much.

Happy 25/50 or what ever else might be going on!  

From personal experience when the time is right leave this live blog be and live in the moment.  If so inclined come back later and update it.  Don't miss a moment of your cruise for this thread. It can and will wait for you.  

Woohoo!  Cruise day is near!

Enjoy your vacation together! We'll be following! Alaska is at the top of our dream vacation list.

Happy Anniversary to you both and Happy Birthday to your husband! It's my 50th this year too (very sad, LOL) and our 15th anniversary (the "6 4 04" in my screen name).

On 6/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Mr. SpeedNoodles and I have not been on a vacation for 10 years (yes, you read that correctly).

When we took our first cruise, that was the first time my wife and I had been on vacation, for more than 3 nights without our sons since before our oldest was born.... in 1994!

Enjoy! Looking forward to your live blog!

Happy Anniversary! We are doing the same itinerary this Aug so will be following along for tips & advice. Enjoy & have a great time.

@SpeedNoodles - hope you have a great cruise.  My dad just got off this one the last week in May and they seemed to enjoy it.  Which is funny, cause they seem to like the older ships.  I'm waiting on 2021 dates to come out for this cruise for our family to hit up ... interested to see your thoughts on the ship.  Like @twangster said, enjoy the cruise and blog when you can.  Just a thought, if you have a voice recorder on your phone - you could take 'voice' notes to remind yourself of stuff for blogging later ....  😎 

14 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

@SpeedNoodles - hope you have a great cruise.  My dad just got off this one the last week in May and they seemed to enjoy it.  Which is funny, cause they seem to like the older ships.  I'm waiting on 2021 dates to come out for this cruise for our family to hit up ... interested to see your thoughts on the ship.  Like @twangster said, enjoy the cruise and blog when you can.  Just a thought, if you have a voice recorder on your phone - you could take 'voice' notes to remind yourself of stuff for blogging later ....  😎 

Me too.

10 hours ago, Sweety said:

Me too.

Another short little tip is to add things throughout the day as they happen in the reminders. Siri will “add things to the list” for example. Those short two to three word reminders may jog an entire paragraph later.