Jump to content
twangster

Drink Menu 2019

Recommended Posts

They had Guinness on tap in the pub on Indy last summer.

However it wasn't poured correctly for either of the 2 pints I tried. Maybe I should of had a word with the barman and advised him how it's meant to be poured (rather than just straight up) but the bar was far too busy.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wilmsta said:

They had Guinness on tap in the pub on Indy last summer.

However it wasn't poured correctly for either of the 2 pints I tried. Maybe I should of had a word with the barman and advised him how it's meant to be poured (rather than just straight up) but the bar was far too busy.     

I am a very picky Guinness drinker as well.  I think I would have had a word with them when it was less crowded.  I don't mind waiting for it to be done right.  I do get they are busy people and trying to get everyone's orders though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to the contributions of twangster and KristiZ, and the recognition that we will have 10 sea days, I took the plunge (so to speak) and got the DBP!  I called RCL, as I only wanted the DBP, and my husband wanted the Voom+DBP;  no way to do that on Cruise Planner, but no problem with the RCL Customer Service agent.  I'm ready to start on my next DBP Exploration List . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilmsta said:

They had Guinness on tap in the pub on Indy last summer.

However it wasn't poured correctly for either of the 2 pints I tried. Maybe I should of had a word with the barman and advised him how it's meant to be poured (rather than just straight up) but the bar was far too busy.     

Was that cruise from Southampton?  If so glad to see they place a proper beer on tap when in the UK.  

Indy out of FL in January didn't have Guinness on tap.  While they exist it's hard to find Guinness on tap at land pubs in the US.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

I haven't cruised in almost 10 years, but I remember every night at dinner our group had the shot of the day or something in those metal shot glasses - is that still a thing and is it included in the drink package w/o the souvenir glass? I think they were called Loving Cups or something corny like that.  

The Loving Cups are extinct. I collected those. So sad to see them go....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twangster said:

Was that cruise from Southampton?  If so glad to see they place a proper beer on tap when in the UK.  

Indy out of FL in January didn't have Guinness on tap.  While they exist it's hard to find Guinness on tap at land pubs in the US.   

Yes Twangster, it was from Southampton. So maybe a departing UK thing?  I assume then that I should not expect to see draft Guinness available when we are on Adventure in a couple of weeks time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilmsta said:

Yes Twangster, it was from Southampton. So maybe a departing UK thing?  I assume then that I should not expect to see draft Guinness available when we are on Adventure in a couple of weeks time! 

I hope you do!  ...but I wouldn't expect to find Guinness draught on Adventure.  

The cans they have are those 'widget' draught cans that are common in the states.

The world famous Guinness widget uses an ingenious nitrogen filled capsule that surges with bubbles when the ring pull is opened – replicating the draught experience in a can. 

https://www.guinness.com/en-us/our-craft/guinness-draught-can-ball/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I hope you do!  ...but I wouldn't expect to find Guinness draught on Adventure.  

The cans they have are those 'widget' draught cans that are common in the states.

The world famous Guinness widget uses an ingenious nitrogen filled capsule that surges with bubbles when the ring pull is opened – replicating the draught experience in a can. 

https://www.guinness.com/en-us/our-craft/guinness-draught-can-ball/

 

A widget Guinness isn’t too bad - I’ve actually got the Guinness Surger unit at home which replicates the ‘surge’ when combined with the specific Guinness Surger cans - still no replacement for a well poured pint tho!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The Loving Cups are extinct. I collected those. So sad to see them go....

I cleaned out not too long ago, saved one in each color and donated the rest with a whole bunch of other stuff to goodwill.  Not sure why we started a shot glass collection when we got married but we have so many now and I was worried that they may have changed the look of the cup and hubby would want to get one every night again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DublinFC said:

@twangster Great post with the menus.  One glaring omission though.  Guinness.  Can ya get a pint on board?  Was happy to see the Jameson though!

There is no Guinness on draft.  You can get it in a can and pour it perfectly yourself.. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We still have a bunch of those shot glasses.  Don't know why we're keeping them....but we have them.

We use the glasses from previous cruises somewhat regularly - we hang with a crowd that loves to party and a couple times a year we do the layered drinks using those glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, if I’ve already booked the premium drinks package, when I order a drink is a gratuity added for each drink therefore adding an additional cost once onboard? Usually don’t bother with the alcohol package but considering it the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3trinitythree said:

Quick question, if I’ve already booked the premium drinks package, when I order a drink is a gratuity added for each drink therefore adding an additional cost once onboard? Usually don’t bother with the alcohol package but considering it the time 

No, when you purchase the drink package the gratuity will be added on prior to check out.  If you feel someone is deserving of a tip above that when you are on the ship, that's your prerogative and I'm sure appreciated, but it is not expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were you able to get a discounted price for the Drink package.  Just curious because were were on the Freedom last year and paid $700 for 2. This year on a 9 night cruise, they are charging $1000. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ayanna said:

Were you able to get a discounted price for the Drink package.  Just curious because were were on the Freedom last year and paid $700 for 2. This year on a 9 night cruise, they are charging $1000. 

 

The drink packages do go on sale from time to time but sales do not apply to all ships or sail dates.  Best to keep checking.  If you buy and it drops in price you can refund and but again at the lower price.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twangster said:

The drink packages do go on sale from time to time but sales do not apply to all ships or sail dates.  Best to keep checking.  If you buy and it drops in price you can refund and but again at the lower price.  

Yeah that price is the sale price! I guess we will payingbper glass , or look for drink specials. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 11:58 AM, AshleyDillo said:

They do have draft beer..and yes, it is dependent on the venue and the ship and availability.  I don't know of a comprehensive list and even when I've seen a bar menu on board with draft selections they often weren't correct or a tap was out.  I didn't pay attention on Mariner this past weekend but the Pub had different beers on draft than Playmakers..I think the Pub had Strongbow and Heineken while Playmakers had Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Heineken, Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin.

oh my.  That Ballast point is one of my favorite beers. Please let it be 3 weeks from now!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi sooo what is your Favorite Cocktail on ship. I have bought the Deluxe beverage package and now I need to make a  LIST of all the delicious drinks I can have with it.

Please share with pictures if you can. TIA. 🍹🍸🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...