7 days freedom of the seas is the ship too small?

The only time I ever think a ship is too small is if I have multiple sea days, like a transatlantic.  By that time I know the ship inside-out, and I begin to get bored.  As long as we have a lot of great port calls, I think of the ship more like a floating hotel--there when I need it, but not my only source of amusement.

My wife and I's first cruise was only a 3 night on the independence of the seas (same class ship). There was still so much stuff we didn't have time to do. We didn't go to the fitness center, get to play any of the sports, no rock climbing, didn't play mini golf, and we didn't get into any of the pools. I'm sure there were probably other stuff we missed out on as well.

I guess it's all relative to you though. I think 7 nights would of been a better experience so we could actually enjoy the ship a little instead of always running around to the different activities and then spending most of our time off the ship at ports. We've never been on an Quantum, Oasis, or Icon class ship yet so we cannot compare. I couldn't imagine only being on some of these Oasis and Icon class ships for only 7 days. It doesn't seem like nearly enough time to get to do everything.

1 hour ago, JasonOasis said:

Freedom is fairly large nearly  5,000 guest can seat sail on that ship at any given time at full capacity. 

Freedom is also a one of Royals most favorite ships there is a lot to do onboard.  I've personally sailed on Freedom numerous times and wouldn't hesitate at all to book a 7 night cruise on that ship. 

Not 5k pax but a total of 5k people including all the crew.

I think a 7N should be fine, I am doing a total of 11N on her in May. I have no qualms about finding things to do or whether I will enjoy myself. I prefer Oasis class only for the food offerings, but Freedom does have Playmakers, so I am fine. I think even on a larger class like Oasis can be boring to some people if you don't like the offerings. 

In doing my research for upcoming cruises I am excited for both Playmakers and ELF.  The former is on Symphony which I’m taking in November but not the later.

Doing a Greek Isles cruise July 2025 on Voyager and that ship has neither which is a bummer…

5 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

In doing my research for upcoming cruises I am excited for both Playmakers and ELF.  The former is on Symphony which I’m taking in November but not the later.

Doing a Greek Isles cruise July 2025 on Voyager and that ship has neither which is a bummer…

Symphony does to have El Loco Fresh.

Class and type Freedom-class cruise ship
Tonnage
  • 156,271 GT (2015-present)[1]
  • 154,407 GT (2006-2015)[2]
Length 338.774 m (1,111.46 ft)[1]
Beam 38.60 m (126.64 ft) waterline 56.08 m (184 ft) extreme (bridge wings)
Height 63.70 m (209 ft)
Draught 9.026 m (29.61 ft)[1]
Decks 19 total decks, 15 passenger decks

Class and type Oasis-class cruise ship
Tonnage
Length 362.04 m (1,187 ft 10 in)[1]
Beam
  • 47.4 m (155 ft 6 in) waterline[1]
  • 64 m (210 ft) max beam[4]
Draught 9.3 m (30 ft 6 in)[1]
Decks 18[4]

There is not much difference with the exception of the inside space being much bigger on an Oasis class ship.

I did 12 nights on Serenade and I had no issues even with 5 or 6 sea days - Freedom is almost 75% larger than Serenade and there will be plenty to do

Just for perspective, Freedom is still larger than Celebrity's largest ships.  It's a big ship in the world of cruising despite its age.  

My first cruise was on Freedom back in '06 when it was the largest cruise ship in the world.  I recall being blown away by it's sheer size.  Funny how our perspectives have changed over time.

As others have said, it more than large enough for a 7 night sail.