"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

In any case, it may have closed briefly after breakfast to switch over the food but I'm pretty sure it was always open earlier than 1:00.

I know each ship is different and this stuff constantly changes, just sharing.

I think I remember them opening at 12:30pm on OY too on port days 

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It’s been a mainstay for many of our sailings. Is my memory failing or did they used to open earlier? 

even in port days it was usually a 1pm opening time.

a weird part of my brain thinks this is daylight savings time related 😂

but like mike said, i miss the days when ELF was open for breakfast. that’s why we loved oasis so much, initially. a way to avoid the zoo of the jammer and solarium and grab a quick bite to eat in the mornings!

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think I remember them opening at 12:30pm on OY too on port days 

This conversation inspired me to check the app for the current Wonder sailing. I'm seeing 11:30am, 2:00pm, and 1:00pm. 🤷‍♂️ Oh well, I'll manage, it's usually an afternoon snack for me anyway since my wife doesn't eat it. Our main lunch if onboard is elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Current situation 😕

We had sewer gas gurgling and bubbling up in the master bath tub on HM this past December filling the master bedroom with sewer gas. I took a video and mentioned it to my contact at Michael Bayley’s office who called me post cruise.  She wanted me to send the video to her and she was not impressed by what she saw and heard.  It was being escalated.  

1 hour ago, Jax said:

We had sewer gas gurgling and bubbling up in the master bath tub on HM this past December filling the master bedroom with sewer gas. I took a video and mentioned it to my contact at Michael Bayley’s office who called me post cruise.  She wanted me to send the video to her and she was not impressed by what she saw and heard.  It was being escalated.  

So four months later, what was the outcome?

“And people will tell you to drink from your faucet - "reverse osmosis" "the water is perfectly fine"

EWW This drives me nuts too! 

@SweetPea @Lovetocruise2002

Nope I def don’t want to drinky drinky OR washy washy in any of that🖐🏽😂
No brown water in the Royal Loft, please.  Poor Lady O can’t get a break even after the amp🤔Sediment please stop! 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

So four months later, what was the outcome?

She asked me to reach out to her closer to our upcoming cruise so she could apply some OBC or other perks. She and I have kept in touch since our first star class cruise that went a bit sideways and I always like to give a shout out to our genie and other crew that take such great care of us to the executive office.  In doing so I also shared some areas that fell short, the debarkation process and sewage problem being two of them.  Time will tell if they action any of these things. 

Ok so backtracking a bit. Today turned out busier than expected. Back to the water situation. Around 3pm, I woke up from falling asleep on the balcony and decided to take a shower. There was no hot water. But you know that point where one has already stepped in and committed to the shower? Well that was when I realized it and it was too late to turn around. It was a very refreshing shower. After that, someone on the FB roll call group posted that they called guest services and it was a ship wide issue. About 30mins later hot water came back, but it was brown. I finished getting ready and by then by the time Hubby and the kids returned from PDCC around 5pm, there was no water at all. By 6pm it all came back normal and seems to be working fine now. I am beginning to think that I spoke too soon and have brought @asquared17’s shenanigans with us lol

37 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

While Hubby and the kids were gone, Shane was working his genie magic. 

36 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Later, when the kids and Hubby returned, he showed up with more. 

This is one of the many reasons I love Shane ❤️❤️ He does celebrations like he does everything else; Go Big or Go Home.  😆

I zoomed in on the cake and need to know what kind it is. Looks yummy 😋 

After ice cream, I went to the Schooner Bar to meet up with @recogneyes. I really love getting together with her! Great conversation about all sorts of things. I got her to try the lavender martini 😋 and just so great to see her again. I am sad because we talked about our cruising upcoming cruise schedules and it doesn’t look like we will see each other for a while. 

At 7:30pm we headed to Playmakers for dinner. This is when I found out from Shane that we were actually headed back to Nassau. I did not hear the earlier announcement. Because Shane is such a great genie, he already had already thought ahead and saved us 4 seats at the 8pm showing of Aqua80. He thought the waters would be more calm as we headed back to Nassau, greater chance of show actually happening. So we had a choice, eat dinner at 7:30pm or go see the show, eat later. We all chose to watch the show. 

Aqua 80 was awesome! We have never seen this show in its entirety. The music is amazing; music was so much better in the 80s and 90s! Loved the diving and the dancing, and what is up with the divers in Speedos???! Again, my memory is failing me, but do they wear Speedos in other Aqua shows? 😂 but not complaining here lol

I will upload some video clips to IG later.

@bellemiche I am happy to report that we stayed dry this time!  

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0536.jpeg

IMG_0537.jpeg

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0539.jpeg

IMG_0540.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0542.jpeg

After the show, we headed to Playmakers. By this point, it was already past 9pm, which we consider really late for dinner. Best part of dinner? Our waiter from JR yesterday happened to be walking by. He was joking around and asked us which place is better; Playmakers or JR? We said the onion rings were definitely better at JR. Next thing we know, he’s back with 2 plates. 
IMG_0543.thumb.jpeg.a2e733938499f27e7510c666e168820f.jpeg

By the time dinner was done, we were all tired and stuffed. No one could handle eating cake at this point. So @Jax, this is why I cannot tell you what kind of cake it is yet. We might eat cake for breakfast tomorrow morning instead 😉

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will leave you all with this puzzle before bed…

IMG_0544.thumb.jpeg.5fa3b330c2b8262327f557311e873029.jpeg

Ooh I love this! ❤️❤️

By this message I assume the Genie special happens after lunch and before supper.  You have already done the escape room, I don’t think it would be the flowrider because you don’t do that,  I don’t think you would go rock climb, not sure if you would do mini golf 🤔.  Knowing your goal to spend time in your suite he may be planning something along those lines. This is proving to be more difficult than I thought. I will wait for the morning clues. 🕵️ 🧐

8 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

After the show, we headed to Playmakers. By this point, it was already past 9pm, which we consider really late for dinner. Best part of dinner? Our waiter from JR yesterday happened to be walking by. He was joking around and asked us which place is better; Playmakers or JR? We said the onion rings were definitely better at JR. Next thing we know, he’s back with 2 plates. 
IMG_0543.thumb.jpeg.a2e733938499f27e7510c666e168820f.jpeg

By the time dinner was done, we were all tired and stuffed. No one could handle eating cake at this point. So @Jax, this is why I cannot tell you what kind of cake it is yet. We might eat cake for breakfast tomorrow morning instead 😉

loving the food,