Amazon Cruise Purchases

16 minutes ago, fireclan said:

According to my husband,  who fetches our coffee from the Crown Lounge each morning,  this 2 cup carrier gets many positive comments from others. It's made his daily trip much easier. He's happier (less grumpy) so I'm happier.

Screenshot_20240213_142754_Amazon Shopping.jpg

We also bought this based on a recommendation from this board and found it really helpful on our last cruise, usually for sending my husband to get beverages for early mornings for all four of us. We got this version:

Drink Caddy Portable Drink Carrier and Reusable Coffee Cup Holder - 4 Cup Collapsible Tote Bag with Organizer Pockets Safely Secures Hot and Cold Beverages - Perfect for Food Delivery and Take Out

Best cruise essential is an insulated cup for bringing your DBP on land. We hit several bars on our way to and from breakfast and fill our cups with about 4-5 cocktails each that we can enjoy once we’re off the ship. Bartenders tend to love pouring us shots that early too, so you can top off with a little extra! We pack these in our camelpak backpacks so we have plenty of water to go with!

Aside from drink-related merchandise, I love my towel clips, Swimways spring float, magnetic hooks and always having a foldable, mesh beach bag and dry sack

1 hour ago, Kelseylovestocruise said:

After reading a live blog and ending up with a chair cup holder thing. I am wondering what is everyone’s favourite/most used Amazon (or similar) cruise purchases. 

From Amazon: Luggage tag holders! Combination Passport/Vax Card Holders (In the post COVID era, the different colors make it easy to know which one is which when getting them out of my carryon)

From Dollar Tree: Towel Clips, Magnetic Hooks/Clips, Small Battery-Operated LED Night Lights (For older ships with no automatic night lights in the stateroom bathrooms) 

I think the items that I love the most that I've gotten are:

• Luggage Tag holders they look so neat and safe and are much easier to put on at the hotel (versus stapling them on at home before the flight and praying ground crew don't rip them off out of confusion or rough handling)
  • Cup holders: Got these neoprene soft cup carriers to make hauling around out freestyle cups less of an annoyance or hassle and everyone who sees them (staff and guests alike) love them. Plus, I no longer struggle to balance two full cups and stacked plates of late night pizza back to the room, because I can just sling the cups onto my wrist and have two free hands for holding. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781K452Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • portable battery operated clock. Staterooms (especially older rooms) seem to forget we still need to know time even on vacation and don't keep clocks in the room. A little battery operated folding alarm clock has been a life saver for seeing the time when getting ready for a show or for setting an alarm on when to wake up and get moving. and if I happen to be on a ship that includes a clock in the room, I just leave mine packed because it's smaller than my hand.

1 hour ago, Kelseylovestocruise said:

After reading a live blog and ending up with a chair cup holder thing. I am wondering what is everyone’s favourite/most used Amazon (or similar) cruise purchases. 

What was the name of the Amazon cup/clip holder thingy?  So many options to choose from.

To the Original poster, we buy magnetic hooks, ducks, bag tags, and inexpensive water resistant backpacks for excursions.

Magnetic hooks....

About magnetic hooks....

They are extremely powerful. If two connect to each other, it about takes a vice and a pair of pliers to separate them. They can snap together extremely fast and if a bit of skin is between them, they can tear the skin.

With that safety message, buy small plastic, screw top containers and keep one magnet in each. With care to always keep the magnets away from each other, these stick to the metal walls of your cabin and make a great place to hang all kinds of things like hats, day packs, jackets and so on.

3 hours ago, Kelseylovestocruise said:

After reading a live blog and ending up with a chair cup holder thing.

i am so glad you have joined us in the cup clip club 😂😂😂

https://www.amazon.com/Enbar-Drink-Cup-Holder-Clip/dp/B088DFX1BB/ref=mp_s_a_1_11_maf_1?crid=3OVS4OO00FI75&keywords=cup+clip&qid=1707862994&sprefix=cup+clip%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-11

the hold bezos has on me… 😅😂

i echo everyone on the magnetic hooks, ducks, iron flask cups and reusable water bottles and raise you — inflatable mattress pad, waterboy liquid hydration packets (i prefer to liquid IV) and magnetic acrylic cubes that snap to the wall to hold makeup brushes, pens etc. 

i bought these:

https://www.amazon.com/Organizer-Whiteboard-Refrigerator-Classroom-Accessories/dp/B0BKGF1195/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=10SBUBBEYFN8H&keywords=magnetic+acrylic+cups&qid=1707863160&sprefix=magnetic+acrlyiv+cups%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-8

but these are cheaper: 

https://www.amazon.com/MaxGear-Accessories-Whiteboard-Organizer-Compartments/dp/B0C1NBQQQ5/ref=mp_s_a_1_4_maf_1?crid=10SBUBBEYFN8H&keywords=magnetic+acrylic+cups&qid=1707863160&sprefix=magnetic+acrlyiv+cups%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-4

I use these on cruises, although I don't remember if I bought them specifically for cruising or just for travel/vacation. But these are some of my favs:

71tGzIF+TTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg     

Retractable hanging line - I'll drip dry in the shower and them move stuff to this in the cabin, strung from the ceiling, to dry the rest of the way and clear up the shower

51jNOvci68L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Small portable safe with cable - I attach these to a beach chair I'm using and put my phone, money & kindle in when I want to visit the water. I don't really let it leave my sight for long - I don't trust it that much - but it is better than just leaving anything in the open where it could be easily swiped. 

813rUU6R6uL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I just bought these compression bags for our upcoming cruise because we struggled last year to get everything shoved back in at the end of the sailing. Also recommended here, although I don't remember who/where. 

71mpOK01iNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And finally, recommended by AFAR (although for the flight, not the cruise), I am trying out this airplane foot rest because I am short.

We also do sometimes bring along a Pur pitcher for the stateroom. I know the water is safe but I don't like the chlorine (same as at home) and prefer to try to avoid single-use plastic if possible, and I try to drink a LOT of water. It is lightweight and we just stuff it full of stuff so it really doesn't take up much room in the luggage. And, I also echo everyone with the magnets, luggage tags, etc. 

An item nobody ever brings up:

-- a 10 liter dry bag. This is a multi use item that works as a beach bag or carry all. It is also the container to put wet bathing suits in for the flight home. And, it is also the container that those with foresight put bottles of wine in before putting them into your luggage for embarkation. The luckiest of dry bags have been known to have to bottles of authentic Cuban Havana Club rum inside them during the ride home. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

So with the actual subject line in mind

-Magnetic hooks

-Bands for towels on beach chars (we like them better than the clips)

-Luggage tag holders

-Mini battery operated night lights

-A European USB charger to free up one of the few outlets

-Collapsible silicone buckets for the kids on the beach

Ah....the mini, battery operated night light. I found some that were magnetic AND motion sensing. They were great to stick on the wall outside the bathroom. Especially for people of a certain age that have to get up a couple of times at night.

I'm trying to pick things that haven't already been done in this thread. I love Love LOVE magnetic hooks and probably bring about 30-40 with me every time. One time, our room attendant started making faces with them on the wall because we had so many spares. 

image.png.26692e44bed7904dc9144c888059635f.png

I love Bonine. (aside - is it boNEEN or boNYNE?) I will take one pretty much every morning (or before boarding on embarkation day) and I'm good to go. To me, it's better than Dramamine because it won't make you sleepy! Just throw it in with all your other medications and keep it in your carry on for easy access any time.

image.png.f9862e0db242b56376d692c03ec8ffb4.png

This water bottle has literally changed my travel life. The fact that it's collapsible means I can throw it in my bag without finding room for it, and then when I get to the airport, I can fill it up at a water fountain and I'm on my way. For the REALLY lazy part of me, I use the white strappy bits to hold it closed to hook onto my backpack/bag straps so I don't have to pack it in the interior of my stuff. I bought them for everyone in my family, and we also discovered that Amazon sells replacement tops (the part that screws on) in case you lose the lid or cap. 

image.png.39460390942d8980b5e8d31433cc46f8.png

If the water bottle changed my travel life, this bag has changed my beach life. It's completely mesh, so NO MORE SAND COMING BACK WITH YOU!!!! There's even a pocket on the side to stick smaller things in, and it's HUGE. I think I put four RC towels, a change of clothes, shoes, and a water bottle or two, with my phone, sea pass card, chapstick, and sunblock in the pocket, in there last time and it was like "that's all you got for me?" Well, probably, as bags don't talk. At least, not to me.

There's so many more I could list, but those three for sure. THANK YOU BEZOS.

I can't believe no one mentioned retractable and unclipable cruise lanyards.

I like the linked set not only for the variety, but also because they have vertical and horizontal badge holders (great for tapping room entry or at point of sale), they include two other attachment types for the older mag-stripe card that you can punch a hole in, they don't have a clip around the neck portion which can be a breaking point or something that irritates the back of the neck, they have a retractable lead for the tap-type cards to reach the door while standing (you don't have to take it off or bend over to reach the door lock reader), and they allow you to leave the lanyard on and simply unbuckle the card portion for handing over your card for drink purchases with servers.  The bit of matching lanyard material still attached to your card makes for easy identification when with a group.

22 hours ago, Ditchdoc said:

They are extremely powerful. If two connect to each other, it about takes a vice and a pair of pliers to separate them. They can snap together extremely fast and if a bit of skin is between them, they can tear the skin. With that safety message, buy small plastic, screw top containers and keep one magnet in each. With care to always keep the magnets away from each other, these stick to the metal walls of your cabin and make a great place to hang all kinds of things like hats, day packs, jackets and so on.

This is a good warning and clever idea. To save a little space, we tend to use a piece of cardboard between them, allowing the magnets to still click together, but weaker. I was so surprised the first time we got two stuck together, how violent it was, and how hard it was to get them apart. 

2 hours ago, dmattinson said:

I can't believe no one mentioned retractable and unclipable cruise lanyards.

These are cute and I know now that you can get these full sets (lanyard, card holders, luggage tag holders) all together. I'm not in need of any of this any more, but if I were a brand new cruiser, I'd love this set.

Luggage tags.

Clip-on retractable SeaPass holders.

Hamper bag.

A 9" fan. I can't tell you how many times this has made us relax so much better in the room. Yes, it takes a bit of space but is SO worth it.

Multi-port USB charger. Charge your phones/etc. with one plug

Just ordered the drink caddy as shown above. Wonder why I never thought of that. Seems I was always going for coffee at 5:00 AM and struggling back across the ship and up several floors.

On 2/13/2024 at 7:55 PM, fireclan said:

According to my husband,  who fetches our coffee from the Crown Lounge each morning,  this 2 cup carrier gets many positive comments from others. It's made his daily trip much easier. He's happier (less grumpy) so I'm happier.

Screenshot_20240213_142754_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Hi , do you have the link for these as cannot find them on our UK Amazon cheers

Former Resident of St,MIchaels , Chesapeake Bay  ( I miss those Blue soft shelled crabs ) 😀

Thanks! Just bought the cup holder thingy 😁 

This is our favorite Amazon cruise purchase. The big one stays on the dresser and we throw our sea pass, sunglasses etc in that. The small one goes in the safe and holds earrings, watches, rings etc. No more having an earring find its way under the lip or the little piece of carpet. 

image.png

18 hours ago, Chmusar said:

Hi , do you have the link for these as cannot find them on our UK Amazon cheers

Former Resident of St,MIchaels , Chesapeake Bay  ( I miss those Blue soft shelled crabs ) 😀

Thanks to @jbrinkm for posting the link. And here's a delicious memory for you missing those wonderful soft crab sandwiches with Eastern shore grown tomatoes!

crabhalf-3255764431.jpg

9 hours ago, Jill said:

Thanks! Just bought the cup holder thingy 😁 

This is our favorite Amazon cruise purchase. The big one stays on the dresser and we throw our sea pass, sunglasses etc in that. The small one goes in the safe and holds earrings, watches, rings etc. No more having an earring find its way under the lip or the little piece of carpet. 

image.png

Ooooo this is clever... I may end up with them as well...