"New Year, New Odyssey. Our Journey into 2024…" – OY 12/31/2023 – 01/06/2024

Lovetocruise2002

Pool deck and Suite Sun Deck 👎

IMG_9393.thumb.jpeg.13b28c9c02b4036b51d33f0b46409a3a.jpeg

IMG_9405.thumb.jpeg.d0fd42c9f7354609ad764f0c8e899d98.jpeg

At first I this was the Suite sun deck….but that is actually the teen sun deck! This area used to the be the subpar Suite Sundeck that QN class has. 

IMG_9401.thumb.jpeg.e4abe7ecd86317a3f48f44c4a591d2cc.jpeg

Instead, on OY, the Suite Sundeck has gone from subpar, to just terrible. Yes, that small space is it. Zoom in. And no, it does not wrap around 👎👎👎
IMG_9400.thumb.jpeg.14ed7d8ae1bc0ea336f9b9b45611347e.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Let’s start with the suite lounge. That is where I am right now. This space is nice, there are snacks here outside of breakfast and happy hour. The decor here is similar to Wonder and I can see how Wonder’s SL has evolved from this. The main disadvantage? It is a pain to get here. It’s all the way aft on Deck 13, hidden among staterooms. Not great. 
IMG_9387.thumb.jpeg.dd95f355181f95a79db02a52b3d79eda.jpeg

IMG_9388.thumb.jpeg.16a873d58ca66466cabbf5467f0cc253.jpeg

IMG_9389.thumb.jpeg.89234577c26af807118b2f568e49ec62.jpeg

However, every time I come back here, I pass by this sign in the halls and it makes me smile…

IMG_9384.thumb.jpeg.dc75bd3cfe858fb2ec1844d6d850330a.jpeg

Ha!  I also found this to be one of my favorite pieces on Odyssey and we also passed it daily on the way to the suite lounge (agree, pain in the butt location).

with sundeck space in general at such a premium on the quantum ships (and odyssey is ultra quantum, at that!) — the fact that the top section is for teens BLEW MY MIND. 

noah fence to the teens. but. cmon. 

it’s not like it’s a huge sundeck and it shares so closely with the walking path that it’s almost absurd at times. 

The one major thing I loved about Odyssey, it wasn't a lot 🤣, was how new everything looked. The decks looked clean and unworn, the rooms with ample storage, how the area before the MDR looked modern and fancy, and the Solarium in general. We did Northstar and it was hot as #$%% but you can really see how small/compact the pool decks are. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Let me add my voice to those who hate the location of the SL on the Q class.  While we have not sailed on OY yet, I can see that it is just as inconvenient on O.Y as it is on AN.

It is. 

53 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Good exercise before all those pre-dinner snacks walking from the aft loft suites to the lifts and then all the way back again. 😀

It’s not the long walk that I mind. It’s that it is not very inviting and not close to anything else. 

Another chill afternoon today. Because of the all day rain, Hubby and the girls did not stay out too long in Labadee. They were back by around 1pm. The girls and I got Starbucks and spent some time in 270 and D15 wanted to check out the library. Hubby went back to the FlowRider. Now headed off to the Schooner Bar to meet @recogneyes and @WannaCruise for a drink before dinner. 🙂

Dinner tonight was at Teppanyaki. This space is quite a bit larger than regular Hibachi. There are 6 tables, four of them seat 12, and the remaining two tables seat either 6 or 8 (I cannot remember). Anyhow, a much larger and brighter space. Food was great, as usual with Hibachi, and entertaining as always. 

24948df4-147d-4c7a-8830-e76f95fbea49.jpeg

5c140c3e-480c-4c64-9335-1050b61406ee.jpeg

7 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dinner tonight was at Teppanyaki. This space is quite a bit larger than regular Hibachi. There are 6 tables, four of them seat 12, and the remaining two tables seat either 6 or 8 (I cannot remember). Anyhow, a much larger and brighter space. Food was great, as usual with Hibachi, and entertaining as always. 

And I think during the summer when it’s not dark at 5pm the views at those tables that face the ocean would be great to enjoy while dining there. 

2 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

And I think during the summer when it’s not dark at 5pm the views at those tables that face the ocean would be great to enjoy while dining there. 

That is a great point! I never thought of that last night. Either way, Hubby and I both agreed that this setup is better than the Oasis class setup with Izumi/Hibachi combined. 

52 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Hope your daughters find their sunshine ☀️!  Looks like it’s a beautiful day to sunbathe! 

It is actually beautiful today! 

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Good morning from Puerto Plata!

Hopefully you will have a better day there than we had, yesterday !  It rained the entire day and we got drenched on our excursion.  Having now been there for the past 2 weeks in a row, I can say that I was delighted and surprised at how much I enjoyed the visits.  Maybe it's just b/c this is a new port for us but I found the people to be so friendly and welcoming.

Have a great day there !

15 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Good morning from Puerto Plata! 
We have no real plans for today other than to get off the ship and walk around for a little bit. Hubby has left to an early FlowRider session so we’ll head off when he returns. 

The port area has a FlowRider as well..there are also pools and a lazy river if your freeloaders want to make up for the lack of sun at Labadee.

19 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hopefully you will have a better day there than we had, yesterday !  It rained the entire day and we got drenched on our excursion.  Having now been there for the past 2 weeks in a row, I can say that I was delighted and surprised at how much I enjoyed the visits.  Maybe it's just b/c this is a new port for us but I found the people to be so friendly and welcoming.

Have a great day there !

Thanks! The sun is out and it looks great outside! 

10 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The port area has a FlowRider

Thank goodness Hubby does not read this! We’ll just keep this between all of us here 😂

We walked around the port area for about an hour or so, just to get the feel for what was around. This is our first time at this port and we did not venture past the Taino Bay port area. It’s nice here. Our impressions were that it is clean, and there are a variety of things to do. There’s a variety of local shops and places to eat. Free pool/swim up bar (much like the pool at Oasis lagoon), lazy River, lounge beach, and FlowRider like @AshleyDillo mentioned earlier. Hubby loves it here. 

IMG_9563.jpeg

IMG_9564.jpeg

IMG_9565.jpeg

IMG_9567.jpeg

IMG_9568.jpeg

IMG_9569.jpeg

IMG_9570.jpeg

IMG_9571.jpeg

It was hot today! So after about an hour or so, the family decided that they did want to make use of the free pool and beach here. We decided to head back to the ship to grab lunch first, kids and Hubby want to drop of stuff and change, and now they have headed back out again to the beach/pool. I am back in my happy place, a nice, air conditioned ship. 😌

IMG_9561.jpeg

IMG_9572.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My current situation now that Hubby and kids have left…that first sip feeling…

IMG_9573.jpeg

Johnny says you should try the pink drink with chocolate cream cold foam.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It was hot today!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am back in my happy place, a nice, air conditioned ship.

Looks like you're missing a snack (out of Doritos? 🤣) otherwise I like your style.

I have come to peace with the heat on CocoCay and certain all-inclusives with the aid of umbrellas/palapas and quick dips in the pool/ocean to cool off if it's super hot... but if it weren't for the food and/or drink, I wouldn't be out there for very long either. If we get off just to check out the port we usually come back to the ship in an hour just as you did.

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looks like you're missing a snack (out of Doritos? 🤣) otherwise I like your style.

That’s for later! 😉

8 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

is the flowrider free as well? 

I am not sure. When Hubby returns, I will ask him. He knows about it. Some guy in the FlowRider line told him about it this morning lol

Or maybe @AshleyDillo knows? 

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

When Hubby returns, I will ask him. He knows about it. Some guy in the FlowRider line told him about it this morning lol

Or maybe @AshleyDillo knows? 

No clue. We didn't walk far enough to check it out.

You are correct it reminds me of Costa Maya's port but it doesn't have the pushy vendors yet, nor the crowds.