"New Year, New Odyssey. Our Journey into 2024…" – OY 12/31/2023 – 01/06/2024

Lovetocruise2002

Happy Cruising into the New Year!  Wishing you and your family a stressless cruise filled with sunny days…moonlit nights…and memorable moments to tuck away into your 💕 hearts!  
And when you return back to “regular” life next week…know how many friends you have routing for your Dad’s health to remain on the uptick!

And to everyone following along on this live blog…Happy New Year wishes to all!  🥳 🎉 2024

That looks like a pretty standard layout for a GLS. Why did i think you were in 8722 with a split bath? I swear, I'm losing it! 🤪 We're in 8324 next January. 

BTW, what would be the big deal calling them Star Lofts like Oasis? Never understood why they're GLS on Qclass and SLS on Oclass. 🤔

Edit: also, any info about stair lights is def appreciated! On Anthem, they emitted too much light, we couldn't turn them off, and resorted to putting towels against them to block the lights. 

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Another random find that I never saw before. These were in both bathrooms.

IMG_9293.thumb.jpeg.f69ff3b956e1fb3f857838451ea7b6c8.jpeg

I saw these for the first time on Wonder in Nov. I can actually hear Danny from Harr Travel praising the upgraded Malin + Goetz bathroom amenities in one of his suite reviews. 😂

13 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We are on Deck 8. It’s low. If I come back here in the future, I would probably try to ask for a higher room.

Yeah I am pretty sure we were on the 10th.  I should have mentioned that the pool was not ground level and to consider that when choosing your room.  They can select your room if you check in through the app.  I called them to find out what floor/room they recommended before making my selection.  

9 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Omg! You are right! 😂@Jax I meant to say that we are on the 8th floor lmao 

🤣 didn’t even catch it. 

Dinner tonight was at Chops. The holiday special included a mini bottle of Moët for each adult, lobster tail (but with star we got the full lobster), and also a sample appetizer plate consisting of mushroom arancini, chicken lollipop, braised beef, and shrimp. Everything else was the same as the regular menu. Food was great, just slow. 

222a35d3-b710-4977-af93-695d95658425.jpeg

5fc92bb0-6ee1-4cc4-82cc-9b99da07327f.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tonight’s entertainment

Again, I'm scratching my head over the packages available. Where something can be simple, Royal has a knack for complicating it. At least to me!

Regardless, can't wait to hear about your VIP table. 🎉🎈✨

Batman and i just finished a long work week and opted for VIP seats in our den with Chinese takeout and a bottle of Moet that's currently chilling but i may opt for a beer because Batman will have a sip and i can't kick a bottle on my own. 🤣

Happy New Year to my Royal Live Blog family!

Also, first alpha, alpha, alpha call a few minutes ago. Deck 3 Dining room. 

😩😬🫠😱😔 

this is a trend i was hoping would decline for us all…

Dinner tonight was at Chops.

we actually really liked chops on odyssey. 💚 the food was… so so. but the service was great

and gios table was also quite delicious.