"New Year, New Odyssey. Our Journey into 2024…" – OY 12/31/2023 – 01/06/2024

Lovetocruise2002

35 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

Does it mean another Mexican dinner  tonight after Hubby's shopping expedition?

You bet! 

23 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

I was thinking it means a trip to the Next Cruise Desk tomorrow 😂

I have proposed the idea already! 🙂

1 hour ago, SweetPea said:

I am looking forward to your stay in the GLS also 😀😆

Remind me…what was I supposed to research for you again? 

28 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Don’t mean to hijack this blog…but…
So many ships leaving FLL right now!  Waiting for Symphony’s turn 😆.  I love watching that one…especially now that I will be on her for the first time in May!

I know! There is a great window seat here where I am sitting watching them all sail by. I already watched a Princess ship go, then the Apex just went by. I am waiting for SY for @tonyfsu21 😉

20 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Wow that seems early 

Yeah, some started leaving at 3pm, or around there. 

Backtracking a bit…..

The day started off quite lazy. Everyone slept in, D17 slept the longest as usual. I spent a lot of time in this chair by the window this morning. It’s a great little space to just chill and look out at the water. 
1517791c-d7b9-4aae-81bb-f329364c9260.thumb.jpeg.afcdda1767c1eee7ef283ba825635c8c.jpeg

Other random stuff from this morning…

IMG_9265.thumb.jpeg.c2c8f8a176f27a113a435a9a3481f42a.jpeg

IMG_9266.thumb.jpeg.2fbce1185bcf388e5ea2fd7f278c7b61.jpeg

Around noon, we finally made our way to walk along the beach. 
IMG_9267.thumb.jpeg.7e195993ed51cca76af573f315748ee8.jpeg

As you know from my previous post, we got stuck at Surf Style for quite some time. 
IMG_9268.thumb.jpeg.bb99c3c7bc3a7bddf3aee5d1232f89f3.jpeg

Lunch consisted of a small snack of Pizza and fries from 411 South Bar & Grill. 
IMG_9269.thumb.jpeg.a75136846670c8133efcb301739cc645.jpeg

381e3b54-e790-4446-81b4-505aff784040.thumb.jpeg.f1345ef35d151f47843bab9d62047554.jpeg

Now back to relax a bit before heading back to La Bamba 😋

I have been MIA from the blogs for quite a while. Life has just gotten in the way.  My phone dinged today with an Instagram notification that I had a story/post of yours to watch, and then noticed, hey, these are a bunch of hotel pictures in Florida.  That can mean only 1 thing, a great cruise blog to read. Plus so many more to read over. 

I've read everything here in 1 go...

1) So sorry to hear about your dad, and I am glad that he is on the mend. I can only imagine how hard it is to leave and "have fun" with his health in the back of your mind. Those memories you made together in the villa are now that much more special. 

2) I love how the last minute packing is a thing in your house too. The Boss will be ready for our Harmony cruise in February many days early. Our flights don't don't leave until noon, and the airport is 20 minutes away. I'll pack that morning.

3) You should come to expect a travel hiccup at this point now, somehow you need to find out who has your voodoo doll and "take care of them."  I am glad you got your phone back. My world is contained in my own device now, I couldn't imagine losing it. 

4) My daughter will have to school your kids on laying out. She wouldn't let a cloudy day and less than optimal temperatures stop her. 

5) Pictures need to be from the very back of the WJ or it doesn't count.

6) Ricky is a great CD, and so much fun. He was on our last OA cruise and was the first CD that I thought about more than once on a cruise. His energy is incredible. 

7) Most importantly, have a great cruise! I can't wait to read all about it. 

5 minutes ago, GregD said:

can only imagine how hard it is to leave and "have fun" with his health in the back of your mind.

He has definitely been on my mind constantly. Thank you. ❤️

6 minutes ago, GregD said:

love how the last minute packing is a thing in your house too.

It shouldn’t be. I blame it on Hubby’s bad influence. Now the kids do it too.

6 minutes ago, GregD said:

My world is contained in my own device now, I couldn't imagine losing it. 

After the phone fiasco, we had a fun family discussion. So many of us have everything on our phones, myself included. The question was, what would you rather lose? Phone or passport? What do you all think? 

8 minutes ago, GregD said:

She wouldn't let a cloudy day and less than optimal temperatures

It was seriously cold today. Or at least I was. Let’s hope this ship takes us to warmer conditions. 

9 minutes ago, GregD said:

Pictures need to be from the very back of the WJ or it doesn't count.

Oh for crying out loud! First @OCSC Mike, now you? Lol

10 minutes ago, GregD said:

His energy is incredible. 

Agreed! And his Love & Marriage shows are hilarious. 

La Bamaba…Round #2! 
d90484e3-a85c-4e6b-a00e-5129399cbc17.thumb.jpeg.69c5a5c2a124d31348cee5e321a1ec61.jpeg

We are not kidding, we truly love this place. Tonight as we were eating, we came to the sad realization that it might be quite some time before we can come back. We have zero cruises that leave from Fort Lauderdale in 2024 and we have not booked the rest of 2025 yet so it’s uncertain when we can return to our most favourite restaurant in all of North America. So we soaked up our memories here, had some great laughs, and walked away with happy hearts and full bellies. 
1713D72A-6B92-4D20-B22F-7087F3736011.thumb.jpeg.7c715e2cdbf782cae872ef3a02807bfc.jpeg

Now chilling out, packing up a bit, and heading to bed soon. 

A few pre-cruise thoughts before bed:

- This is the first star class cruise ever where we have received nothing in terms of a tentative schedule. I literally have no clue when and what we are doing each day. However, I know Sergii is a great genie because he is very on top of things. I can tell by his texts that he even has small details covered. So maybe this no tentative schedule thing is just his personal style. I know each genie has their preferences. 

- The earliest check in time for this sailing was 11:30am. Even if it had been 10:30, we probably would not have gone that early because it’s NYE tomorrow and we don’t want to get up too early. I have Lyft booked for 11am so that should give us lots of time. 

- Tomorrow is cruise day! 🎉🎊🍾🥂🏝️

22 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

La Bamaba…Round #2! 

We are not kidding, we truly love this place. Tonight as we were eating, we came to the sad realization that it might be quite some time before we can come back.

Wait, aren’t you cruising out of Miami in a month on a certain Inaugural cruise?  Miami is just a short Uber ride to Ft. Lauderdale 😂😂

13 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Wait, aren’t you cruising out of Miami in a month on a certain Inaugural cruise?  Miami is just a short Uber ride to Ft. Lauderdale 😂😂

You know me too well! This thought has also crossed my mind. I have also rented a car for our March sailing out of Miami. Wondering if Hubby wants to drive us from Miami to La Bamba lol. 
We will see 😉

Have you every tried Carlos&Pepe's on 17th? My SIL and BIL live right in FLL (in Point of Americas on Ocean Lane) and they see the ships roll out from their balcony. They've taken us to La Bamba for drinks only but prefer Carlos & Pepe's for food. We'll have to try both next time we visit and render a verdict. 😅

17 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Have you every tried Carlos&Pepe's on 17th? My SIL and BIL live right in FLL (in Point of Americas on Ocean Lane) and they see the ships roll out from their balcony. They've taken us to La Bamba for drinks only but prefer Carlos & Pepe's for food. We'll have to try both next time we visit and render a verdict. 😅

Yes. Years ago, I cannot even remember how long, when we first sailed out of PE, we debated between Carlos and Pepe and La Bamba. The latter won because the former looked a bit like a dive.

There are several things that we love about La Bamba. These are things that no other La Bamba substitute can do better:

- Fried ice Cream…they use cornflakes and that is perfect amount of crunchiness. 
- They use a delicious marinade on their fajitas. Hubby has tried fajitas in so many other places and no other place has the same full flavour. 
- The Queso (Cheese dip). Again, we have tried this in all sorts of places and theirs is the perfect flavour and texture. 

Ha! We'll def have to try both and figure it out.  I don't recall C&Ps being a dive, but we wouldn't care if it was so are def not the right people to ask. 😆 BIL & SIL are Michelin foodies, but def not when it comes to ethnic foods other than French so I'm anxious to insist on a LB/C&P food smackdown next time we visit them. 

Happy boarding! Excited to see your suite, as i spied your room choice on Batman's FB SC group membership. That looks like it has a different layout on the deck plans than the other GLSs, but I'm not expert on Deck plan interpretation... 🤣

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

A side note after sleeping for one night at this hotel. It’s noisy. Throughout the night, you can hear people out at the pool, the traffic from the A1A, and scraping sounds of neighbouring balcony furniture being moved around.

What!? What floor are you on? I had the best sleeps, heard nothing and no ear plugs. Your pictures look closer to the pool than we were.  After the Tremont House last week anything seems quiet. That was the noisiest place ever. 

6 hours ago, Jax said:

What!? What floor are you on? I had the best sleeps, heard nothing and no ear plugs. Your pictures look closer to the pool than we were.  After the Tremont House last week anything seems quiet. That was the noisiest place ever. 

It is super noisy! It’s about 6:45am and I should be sleeping but cannot because there has been loud noises on the street and pool since 4am. 
We are on Deck 8. It’s low. If I come back here in the future, I would probably try to ask for a higher room. We like this place, but if I had one complaint, this would be it. The noise is terrible. 

2 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

It’s cruise day!! 

Yay!! 

25 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Lovetocruise2002 The Instagram post was beautiful, so warm and appreciated. It had me slowing down, sitting down and reading it again. Incredible, may you have a Very Happy New Year! May you enjoy blessings in abundance and your dad experience a smooth & healthy recovery! 

Thank you. It has been something that has been circling around in my mind of late. ❤️