Empire Supper Club is available for booking

Just a heads up to anyone interested/with an Icon Cruise coming up but the Empire Supper Club is available for booking (I was able to book on the website, but not in the app)

As suspected it is $200/person (guests with UDP pay a $130 supplement) and one seating a day at 6pm. Dress code is laid out and they will have jackets available for folks who don't bring one with them

image.thumb.png.c59653d46f0cd296487d44b9b9461034.png

I booked it for my birthdays so pretty excited ... anyone else looking to book this?

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Didn't Wonder have a crazy WJ spread with all types of seafood and filet for its inaugural? I remember seeing pictures. It may actually be worth checking out.

No clue. I didn't pay attention to the Wonder inaugural because it was such a crazy time at work at that point. But I will check it out on Icon.

On 11/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Didn't Wonder have a crazy WJ spread with all types of seafood and filet for its inaugural? I remember seeing pictures. It may actually be worth checking out.

They definitely had quite a seafood spread on boarding day. So did the first sailing of Oasis after her Amp, but it was at dinner on lobster night.

On 11/17/2023 at 9:33 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

FB roll call group for the inaugural sailing said this morning that it's already sold out (for that sailing).

Personally, at $200pp, I didn't even look. Easy pass for us. You will find me in CK. 

I just looked at Cruise Planner for Maiden Voyage and it shows Empire Supper Club as available for nights 1,2, and 7.

16 hours ago, Doug_Texas said:

I just looked at Cruise Planner for Maiden Voyage and it shows Empire Supper Club as available for nights 1,2, and 7.

I am on the Feb 17th sailing and looks like still availability every night 

Wonder if just too pricey for the unknown experience or word hasn't fully gotten out as booking being available happened pretty quietly 

It’s interesting what cruisers will and will not pay for on vacation.  To me $200 for ESC seems okay for a once in a lifetime experience.  Conversely I scratch my head at $300 for a “daybed” which is essentially a pair or pool chairs or $262 for Coco Beach Club.  In an inflationary world RCL has an amazing number of up charge experiences to fit every passenger.  Their “flex pricing” provides them a treasure trove of data for what customers will pay for anything.  A la carte priced products will only increase and RCL will leave very few dollars on the table.  Buy beloved RCL stock.

1 hour ago, Doug_Texas said:

I scratch my head at $300 for a “daybed” ...... 

Buy beloved RCL stock.

Hey, we resemble that remark! 

You left out the ambiance of seagulls pooping on the Plexiglas canopy over your head. 🤣

Whatever doldrums the share price experienced recently seem to have been exorcised. And....RCCL is now running a positive P/E ratio and net margin...........and we all helped!

On 11/17/2023 at 9:33 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

FB roll call group for the inaugural sailing said this morning that it's already sold out (for that sailing).

Personally, at $200pp, I didn't even look. Easy pass for us. You will find me in CK. 

This 200 doesn't include gratuity either.  2 people is $200 X2 = 400 + $72 gratuity for a total of $472.

2 hours ago, Johnson84 said:

$200 a person is ridiculous!! what if food is sensitive to your tummy, you literally flushed hundreds down the drain!

You technically could say this about all food, sensitive tummy or not.

Everyone has a different opinion on what defines reasonable use of their discretionary dollars.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, calvink669 said:

This 200 doesn't include gratuity either.  2 people is $200 X2 = 400 + $72 gratuity for a total of $472.

Interesting.  I booked it as soon as it was announced (as placeholder TBD) for two different nights on my October 2024 sailing, and the charge was only $400 for each night.  This $72 gratuity is a new addition.  Seems they either planned for the gratuity to be included or they forgot to add it originally.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:20 PM, calvink669 said:

36 minutes ago, Peter D said:

Interesting.  I booked it as soon as it was announced (as placeholder TBD) for two different nights on my October 2024 sailing, and the charge was only $400 for each night.  This $72 gratuity is a new addition.  Seems they either planned for the gratuity to be included or they forgot to add it originally.

Just checked and I had the same experience - I booked the day it open and was charged $400 even for my wife and I do go on our upcoming cruise ... I just went to do a "mock" booking to see and it did have the $72 included

So not sure if they just decided to add it after or we will get charged later or we just got lucky

16 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

Just checked and I had the same experience - I booked the day it open and was charged $400 even for my wife and I do go on our upcoming cruise ... I just went to do a "mock" booking to see and it did have the $72 included

So not sure if they just decided to add it after or we will get charged later or we just got lucky

We booked and $400 was the total charged.  Did someone actually pay $472?  Maiden Voyage cruise now only has availability days 1 and 7.  Looks like a slow sellout where RCL priced well (for them 😓).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 5:46 PM, Johnson84 said:

$200 a person is ridiculous!! what if food is sensitive to your tummy, you literally flushed hundreds down the drain!

The “new cruisers” would consider $200/pp just another night on the town. People will pay and RC knows that. My only hesitation is the dress code as I am way too important to conform to anyone’s dress code 😉. Despite my hesitation, I have been informed that we are booked already for March. I guess I will need to go buy a suit. 

14 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

The “new cruisers” would consider $200/pp just another night on the town. People will pay and RC knows that. My only hesitation is the dress code as I am way too important to conform to anyone’s dress code 😉. Despite my hesitation, I have been informed that we are booked already for March. I guess I will need to go buy a suit. 

definitely how we are looking at it - it will be a date night for us and doing it as part of our 20 year anniversary ... assuming it lives up to the billing a meal like this would cost double or triple this on land (with the wine/cocktails included). Not something we would do every trip, heck, probably only time we will even do Icon class with the way prices are trending, so taking advantage of it

19 hours ago, TheMaxRebo said:

definitely how we are looking at it - it will be a date night for us and doing it as part of our 20 year anniversary ... assuming it lives up to the billing a meal like this would cost double or triple this on land (with the wine/cocktails included). Not something we would do every trip, heck, probably only time we will even do Icon class with the way prices are trending, so taking advantage of it

Agree .... these days, when going to MacDonald's can cost $30 for two or Ruth Chris at an average of $100+ per person ...... a top notch meal, eight courses, premium ingredients, wine, good service, live music, luxury atmosphere  ...... its a splurge .... but a nice one.

On 12/8/2023 at 4:46 AM, Ditchdoc said:

Agree .... these days, when going to MacDonald's can cost $30 for two or Ruth Chris at an average of $100+ per person ...... a top notch meal, eight courses, premium ingredients, wine, good service, live music, luxury atmosphere  ...... its a splurge .... but a nice one.

Totally agree. What one people sees as a splurge, another will see as a waste of money. Quite a few restaurants in Vegas can easily be over $400pp for a very similar experience. Every time I dine at such a place in Vegas, they aren’t exactly empty or even easy to get a reservation to. They are packed!! So there is obviously a segment of the population who is willing to ultra splurge on things. Just because it doesn’t fit someone’s else’s budget, doesn’t make it wrong. Cruising itself is a splurge no matter how you try and spin it….yes, even on Carnival!

14 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

Totally agree. What one people sees as a splurge, another will see as a waste of money. Quite a few restaurants in Vegas can easily be over $400pp for a very similar experience. Every time I dine at such a place in Vegas, they aren’t exactly empty or even easy to get a reservation to. They are packed!! So there is obviously a segment of the population who is willing to ultra splurge on things. Just because it doesn’t fit someone’s else’s budget, doesn’t make it wrong. Cruising itself is a splurge no matter how you try and spin it….yes, even on Carnival!

On point for sure. We dined at Peter Luger in Cesars Palace and that was closer to $500/pp w/o bottles of wine. The $200/pp is a bargain IMHO for the experience. 

On 12/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, smokeybandit said:

I think $200 is a great price, at least until we hear reviews of it.

Ya know, I’m starting to think this really isn’t that out of the ballpark when I think back to our anniversary dinner this August at lll Forks. $376 with tip for 2 steaks that weren’t even good. Plus they don’t enforce a dress code! 😁 Had dinner with men wearing logo t-shirts and baseball caps next to us. 

4 hours ago, Jill said:

Ya know, I’m starting to think this really isn’t that out of the ballpark when I think back to our anniversary dinner this August at lll Forks. $376 with tip for 2 steaks that weren’t even good. Plus they don’t enforce a dress code! 😁 Had dinner with men wearing logo t-shirts and baseball caps next to us. 

The 7 included signature cocktails @ $14 + gratuity is $115.  This thing is a bargain!!! 🤪

On 11/17/2023 at 10:02 AM, smokeybandit said:

I tried to book Empire but they wouldn't let me. For some reason you have to have a cabin booked in Icon first. What killjoys.

Wouldn't it be epic for some wealthy couple to land their private helicopter on on the helipad, jump out dressed for success (thinking James 007 Bond) to eat at the Empire Supper Club? 

On 12/16/2023 at 8:59 AM, putinbay said:

I just checked for our March '24 Icon cruise... Every single night is still available... We have the Unlimited Dining Package ($70 per person discount), but we're still going to pass... Looks pretty cool though!

If you have not experienced Chef's Table, you may want to consider that instead. It finally appeared this week for our May 2024 sailing, and I booked it because we really enjoyed it on Odyssey last year. Looks like it's 5:30PM every night... takes 2-3 hours to get through all of the courses and wine pairings, etc.

With the UDP, you only pay $49.99 in the end (can't speak to the mechanics of getting the price adjustment)...

We skipped the UDP this time, but if you have any interest in an elevated experience, Chef's Table is great!

image.png.c742c40fa0cee897a8733c7ef4cdcade.png

image.thumb.png.b86519e51aa48ca9b1ce04d1beba4856.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When ESC first appeared for the Inaugural sailing I booked it.  The web Cruise Planner cut the days available, then went “sold out”, then reappeared, disappeared, again reappeared.  It just now yesterday reappeared.  Each time it reappeared all sailing days were available to book so we know it wasn’t mere guest reservation cancellations.  I don’t know if it is some RCL marketing strategy to keep interest high or what - doesn’t matter.

My input is if you are a sailing where it is no longer available to book and you wanted to experience ESC keep checking Cruise Planner for its reemergence.  Cheap at twice the price.