Hideaway Beach appears in Cruise Planner - day pass needed to get in

So for my upcoming cruise on Icon in February was pointed out that Hideaway Beach is now bookable in the cruise planner under Perfect Day ... so far you can book cabanas or a day pass ... so guess you can't just stop by you have to purchase a day pass just to get into the area

image.png.a93b153d54510cbd91de38bf6f4e71b6.png

Details of the Day Pass:

Overview

You’ve landed on our private island and found the ultimate beachfront party in paradise just for adults — Hideaway Beach. Swim right up to the popping Hideaway Bar, fueled by non-stop, DJ-spun beats. Or soak up the rhythm at four more watering holes serving expertly crafted libations. Keep the energy fed with tasty pizzas from Slice of Paradise and flavorful all-American faves from Snack Shack. Space is limited and may sell out — so book before your cruise to secure your spot and score the biggest savings!

Highlights

• Settle into the scene with in-water hammocks, resort-style loungers, and umbrellas to keep you made in the shade.
  • Turn up the party vibe and dance to sun-soaked DJ sets at the best swim-up bar in The Bahamas.
  • Take your bar crawl to the tropics at five spirited spots serving refreshing drinks. So whether you cool off with an ice-cold draft at the beach bar or sip cocktails with live music and a view at On the Rocks, you’ll have plenty of ways to shake things up.
  • Head to Slice of Paradise to savor tasty pizzas and imaginative craft cocktails. And Snack Shack crushes cravings with juicy burgers, crispy chicken sandwiches, and fresh salads that will keep you coming back for more.

What's Included

• Full day access to Hideaway Beach, featuring live music and non-stop beats spun by a live DJ.
  • Complimentary in-water hammocks, resort-style loungers, and umbrellas.
  • Complimentary bites from Snack Shack and Slice of Paradise.
  • Temperature-controlled pools.

Important details and advisements

• Hideaway Beach is adults-only (18+).
  • Drinks are available at an additional charge unless a beverage package has been purchased.
  • The minimum age to consume alcohol is 21.
  • Opening/closing times vary by sailing and ship arrival/departure time.
  • Drink responsibly.

• TheMaxRebo changed the title to Hideaway Beach appears in Cruise Planner - day pass needed to get in

Interesting. I would have checked it out for free but definitely not paying for it as we always have a great time in our favorite included area and I think I'll survive without pizza (they're really hyping up the pizza, lol).

If nothing else, it adds capacity to the island and I'm sure plenty of adults will pay to get away from kids.

FWIW, much lower prices for my March 17th Wonder cruise (not uncommon except Wonder usually leads to high prices)...

Pass: $43.99 / Cabanas: $1299 and $1899.

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Interesting. I would have checked it out for free but definitely not paying for it as we always have a great time in our favorite included area and I think I'll survive without pizza (they're really hyping up the pizza, lol).

If nothing else, it adds capacity to the island and I'm sure plenty of adults will pay to get away from kids.

That was one thought I had was will there be more unsupervised kids in the rest of the island 😂

It does sound nice with the variety of bars and stuff, but after all that we are paying for the cruise to start with not really wanting to spend more just for access to this

Just now, TheMaxRebo said:

It does sound nice with the variety of bars and stuff, but after all that we are paying for the cruise to start with not really wanting to spend more just for access to this

I agree, but like most add-ons, it's a personal preference thing. If someone finds it worth it, great. If they don't, that's fine too.

Very disappointing.  I thought the idea was to increase capacity as more ships are visiting more often.  With the $62 charge, Hideaway won't fill like the capacity on the other beaches so it's just an exclusivity play.  A poor mans beach Club.  Pay for the beach on the private island.  That's RCI for us.

Eighty bucks my week in May.

image.thumb.png.f5a88878f94d1008f2a8b4add80a9b6f.png

21 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Very disappointing.  I thought the idea was to increase capacity as more ships are visiting more often.  With the $62 charge, Hideaway won't fill like the capacity on the other beaches so it's just an exclusivity play.

It will still increase the capacity to some extent, but I was hoping for the same as you.

11 minutes ago, newcruiser215 said:

I just purchased two days passes for our Icon cruise next summer. I don't mind paying a little extra to escape the kids. LOL. 

Honestly if it was just my wife and I I would consider it - it does sound nice with craft cocktails, etc 

But as we are traveling with 3 kids I don't want to just leave them for the whole day and don't want to pay this for just a small amount of time to check it out 

Do hope the offerings, in reality, are great and feel special and worth the cost for those that go

Looked to book it for our June sailing. Kiddo is 17 on embarkation day but turns 18 in the middle of our sailing. The day after she turns 18 we go to Coco Cay, so she will be 18 but even after numerous phone calls & I mean 4 plus getting my amazing TA Sharla involved the answer was no can do. I was told to wait & purchase the day she turns 18 on the ship from the shore excursion desk, um no thank you. We thought it would be a nice 18th birthday treat but I am so disgusted by the way they handled this and one representative was just so nasty I will pass. On my first time calling a very kind representative was able to book it for me, I had the reservation email as well but about 10 minutes later they sent my cancelation notification. Just another wonderful Royal experience, gees!!

As an aside after my confirmed reservation I canceled my beach bed at a great price, I had to pay 180.00 more to get the bed back to add insult to injury, but Icon is there the same day so I wanted a home base. I should have known better,

Rant over, sorry everyone 😪

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

IMO they got this backwards.  They should have made the adults-only venue the “upscale” theme and the all-age venue the “party” vibe.  Most families don’t want to pay big $$ for an upscale meal (which is really all you get for your money at the Beach Club) for the kids.

I find the included areas to have everything from partying to relatively quiet (our go to spot is in between) and I think the Beach Club has an appropriate vibe.

I definitely did not expect a DJ and party vibe to be included and promoted heavily as part of Hideaway Beach. Did they get it wrong? Time will tell.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I find the included areas to have everything from partying to relatively quiet (our go to spot is in between) and I think the Beach Club has an appropriate vibe.

I definitely did not expect a DJ and party vibe to be included and promoted heavily as part of Hideaway Beach. Did they get it wrong? Time will tell.

I think it will be interesting to see who this appeal too

In the video the fake people they depict all seem on the younger side - like 20s, etc - so are they marketing this as like a 21+ party place and then the Beach Club is the more refined restricted area?

or is that just promo stuff and really it is for all adults and won't be crazy party time or anything and DJ will be fun but not too loud or anything?

So is this their version to try to compete for the business that Virgin Voyages may be taking away from the them ?

When we first started going to Coco Cay you had to rent an umbrella and 2 lounge chairs for $20 a day.  It was so peaceful as you just heard people talking and sometimes the birds.  Now we will only go to South Beach because I want to listen to the ocean not hear a nightclub.

If they already have a DJ and pool area that is very popular and an upcharge area why would they make Hideaway the very same as their popular DJ pool area ?  They aren't offering anything special and I agree with the other comments that it should have gone the opposite and been more of a "back to nature" quiet setting.  Having an adult area without a DJ I would have booked right away.  I love Coco Cay but if the charges keep increasing I may as well stay on the ship.

3 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

So is this their version to try to compete for the business that Virgin Voyages may be taking away from the them ?

When we first started going to Coco Cay you had to rent an umbrella and 2 lounge chairs for $20 a day.  It was so peaceful as you just heard people talking and sometimes the birds.  Now we will only go to South Beach because I want to listen to the ocean not hear a nightclub.

If they already have a DJ and pool area that is very popular and an upcharge area why would they make Hideaway the very same as their popular DJ pool area ?  They aren't offering anything special and I agree with the other comments that it should have gone the opposite and been more of a "back to nature" quiet setting.  Having an adult area without a DJ I would have booked right away.  I love Coco Cay but if the charges keep increasing I may as well stay on the ship.

This, right here stated so eloquently. My last RC sailing I felt "wow, they are going after DCL families hard."  Now that I see the advertisement Hide Away Video I went right there, "now are they going after the Virgin Cruise Line market just as hard?" At least my beach bed is on South Beach, so I feel that's a nice location. I am happily anticipating reviews from the Icon & this new adults only beach for sure. Inquiring minds and all, LOL!

With the cost of college and/or nursing school we have nothing on the books or planned moving forward after summer 2024. Royal is helping to take the sting of that away, I'm going to sit back and watch her find herself before we proceed. Bringing Celebrity to PC I think is a genius move on the company's part, I am finding myself looking at this sister offering more and more. Exciting times ahead. 

My neighbors just returned from their Virgin Sailing 2 weeks ago, topless sun worshipping on an upper deck. So DCL is now out as my kiddo has aged out and Virgin is a no go, my boobs would make me trip, okay I'm laughing just picturing this! 

3 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

The DJ aspect does make it feel a bit repetitive to Oasis Pool

Maybe they remove the DJ from there and then the Hideaway is the Virgin/Party area, Oasis is the Disney/Family area, South Beach is the quiet/relaxing area, etc

Obviously oversimplifying but will be interesting to see what folks are drawing the paid area vs included areas

41 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Bringing Celebrity to PC I think is a genius move on the company's part, I am finding myself looking at this sister offering more and more. Exciting times ahead. 

i priced out a celebrity sailing for kicks and giggles and they used to be so insane but now with so much of what they offer being included (wifi, tips, etc) i'm thinking this may be the new way to go. i would miss central park and the oasis class fiercely but this new pricing beyond 2024 is just too insane for me.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Same thing for my Allure cruise in Feb. I think it's a mistake, but not sure

12 hours ago, SweetPea said:

A, we're in Symphony 5/31 next year and we see it in our CP (but not the app).

can confirm it's now showing up for my oasis sailing in feb $61.99 and also the symphony sailing december (2024) at $64.99.

will be interested to see what (if any) black friday sale prices will be.

i'm not sure why, but it reminds me of disney's pleasure island back in the day...

57 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i priced out a celebrity sailing for kicks and giggles and they used to be so insane but now with so much of what they offer being included (wifi, tips, etc) i'm thinking this may be the new way to go. i would miss central park and the oasis class fiercely but this new pricing beyond 2024 is just too insane for me.

I am getting to this point as well. But it makes me really sad to acknowledge that.

In seeing all the marketing for Hideaway, I think they're going for a Las Vegas pool party vibe instead of a continuation of the Solarium on land.

If that's to attract the Virgin Voyages audience, as some suggest, I think that may be part of the attraction. 

Right now, it's really hard to judge based on concept art and marketing jargon. Oasis Lagoon started out much tamer than it became when that area opened.