Anniversary Tales – Episode XXI: From Galaxy’s Edge to the Wondrous Seas – WN 7/23/23 – 7/30/23

Lovetocruise2002

15 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We always strategize our eating on a cruise lol. Cruise food is very important to us. Even our waiter caught onto our strategy and was helping us with what is on the brunch menu and what was not.

I could respond to a lot of what you wrote but since I'm long-winded, I'll just point out how much I love this, lol.

You should see the planning that goes into my schedule b/c my wife is so picky and we don't do a ton of specialty dining. It's a big logic puzzle... no special dinner after CocoCay b/c we stuff ourselves there, no special dinner after Mason Jar brunch for the same reason, MDR is only an option if there's an entree my wife will tolerate (we don't even really like the MDR but with early seating we can always check out WJ after and/or grab some pizza), we started having Playmakers for dinner once per cruise so have to see where that fits, we have an excursion after docking in St. Thomas at 12:30pm in March so no MDR that night b/c we won't be back in time... you get the idea.

I already have tentative plans for out next 3 cruises even though they're not til March-July. 🙈

15 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

The only problem is I always want to cruise, but she likes to go to the mountains and do hiking and stuff like that.  I have to acquiesce sometimes and take some land vacations too.  Happy Wife = Happy Life 

We are the opposite. This photo pretty much sums it up. Taken 2 years ago when it was hard to cruise over the pandemic and we stayed in Canada. 
1d2358a8-e305-4cd5-b539-3e99feac5ad7.thumb.jpeg.779e6dfdeced49eb868c99be9d3b565e.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We are the opposite. This photo pretty much sums it up. Taken 2 years ago when it was hard to cruise over the pandemic and we stayed in Canada. 
1d2358a8-e305-4cd5-b539-3e99feac5ad7.thumb.jpeg.779e6dfdeced49eb868c99be9d3b565e.jpeg

The next time hubster has an idea you don't like just pull out this photo.

A picture speaks a thousand words.  

Since it’s our anniversary, Hubby joined me for breakfast. The CK team made me laugh. They celebrated for us with a blueberry muffin and candle. Shereen, the hostess, she is awesome, said it is because we keep ditching them for dinners so they have to help us celebrate in the morning. 
689d99b7-bc78-4080-a606-9aa6e4c2d0e4.thumb.jpeg.cd6cce1477ca27ece5b6b4128b0189b7.jpeg

After eating we headed off the ship for a bit. Hubby came back with another $10 Hawaiian shirt. It was super hot out there today so now we back on the ship in search of our next meal. 😂

1 hour ago, Yesiamthere said:

Your blog has been awesome to read!  

Thanks for following along! 

11 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Happy Anniversary! May the next 23 be as happy as your last!

Like all things we have had ups and downs, but like my mom always says, each passing year is a true blessing, never to be taken for granted. 

4 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I love how chill your blog has been.

My plan of attack is Mason jar Brunch the first day we board. The food looks so good. 

It’s taken on a chill vibe because that is literally all we have been doing. Which is awesome! I am not complaining at all, especially with the craziness of how this vacation started. Remember one week ago today, I was sitting at DTW wondering if I would make it MCO or not? Lol

I gave Hubby the option of Mason Jar on boarding day but he did not even think he would like it there so we went with what we knew we would like, which was Playmakers. 

Because we are in St. Maarten today, our options for lunch were: WJ, Park Cafe, Sorrento’s, CK, or room service. We ended up in CK because we like their lunch menu today. Like many of you already know, CK varies between several lunch menus, it is not the same from day to day. 

Today we had Spinach Salad, Mushroom soup (same as Chops, I love this soup!), Royal Chicken Sandwich, and the Seafood Linguine Alfredo. 
21639600-1678-4d4d-ac83-cb14e4de98f0.thumb.jpeg.1f55405d3fbc19330c7f7ae5644504fc.jpeg

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am starting to miss my girls though. The house is still in one piece, my plants are still alive, and the pool doesn’t look green, but as much as I love my alone time, I miss them. 

I don't think I will know how "to cruise" when we go without our kids in April.....I'm so used to planning the day around them that It will be such a change to not have them there......What am I going to do with all my free time?

After lunch, I went for a walk on the jogging track again. Feels better to move after a meal. 
IMG_8134.thumb.jpeg.c0a62497d5f19f50ca947f1d901208da.jpeg

Now back to enjoying the room. Tried to chill on the balcony but it’s way too windy out there today. Hubby went to the Flowrider again. I might take a nap, read a book, or just sit…

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Because we are in St. Maarten today, our options for lunch were: WJ, Park Cafe, Sorrento’s, CK, or room service. We ended up in CK because we like their lunch menu today. Like many of you already know, CK varies between several lunch menus, it is not the same from day to day. 

Today we had Spinach Salad, Mushroom soup (same as Chops, I love this soup!), Royal Chicken Sandwich, and the Seafood Linguine Alfredo. 

Now I'm really hungry.....these look so good!

1 minute ago, GregD said:

Now I'm really hungry.....these look so good!

It was a really good meal. CK has been excellent on everything so far this cruise. It literally feels like they took their best CK crew members from hostess all the way through to the chefs in the back, and put them on this ship. 

30 minutes ago, GregD said:

I don't think I will know how "to cruise" when we go without our kids in April.....I'm so used to planning the day around them that It will be such a change to not have them there......What am I going to do with all my free time?

As someone without kids…

Solarium, food, solarium, food… excursions they wouldn’t like… solarium, food, solarium, food.

And I presume you could drink more without them if so inclined.

53 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Because we are in St. Maarten today, our options for lunch were: WJ, Park Cafe, Sorrento’s, CK, or room service. We ended up in CK because we like their lunch menu today.

You phrased that like you’re only allowed to choose one lunch venue. Bizarre. 🤣

First things first, Happy Anniversary 🙂

We were running around doing senior year stuff, yearbook photos at the studio as per the school, (nothing like in 1984 when I graduated!) So I'm so glad I could catch up! What an amazing couple, love the picture with the swans! 

CK was amazing, I actually returned home and sent an email to Jason Bayley naming Vinay & Shereen  along with our server and concierges. Just because my sailing was not really great, I couldn't blame the aforementioned crew. I wanted to make sure I recognized this team which made me feel like family. I never heard anything back I hope Bayleys office gave them some positive feedback etc. Shereen was the best CK host we ever had! Hands down!!

Okay please don't judge but clearly I'm the only person on planet earth who did not enjoy the Mason Jar, phew....okay I said it. We have 2 local family southern kitchens within a stones throw away, and we just kept comparing and I guess we are very lucky, our southern crushes MJ. Sorry, so sorry but wow, I feel better now, lol!!

I love that you guys are relaxing, that balcony begs to be utilized, yep I'd be all over that as well. 

I am so enjoying your blog, Im living vicariously through you, but the good news is my new lawn mower leaves amazing clean lines......great cut🙃🤪

2 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Okay please don't judge but clearly I'm the only person on planet earth who did not enjoy the Mason Jar, phew....okay I said it.

There are many on the Royal Caribbean Dining group that share those very sentiments. I think that’s a valid point. We have no southern places to compare it to so to us it’s great! But if you are comparing to land, I am sure there are tons out there that are better. 

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

There are many on the Royal Caribbean Dining group that share those very sentiments. I think that’s a valid point. We have no southern places to compare it to so to us it’s great! But if you are comparing to land, I am sure there are tons out there that are better. 

We have one similar restaurant in Disney Springs (Art Smith’s Homecomin’) with excellent chicken n biscuits & sides like mac n cheese (maybe make hubby take you there if he needs another Star Wars fix).

We also have a good bbq place with a few Orlando locations (one by us).

We have nothing like the Mason Jar brunch though.

45 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We have one similar restaurant in Disney Springs (Art Smith’s Homecomin’) with excellent chicken n biscuits & sides like mac n cheese (maybe make hubby take you there if he needs another Star Wars fix).

We also have a good bbq place with a few Orlando locations (one by us).

We have nothing like the Mason Jar brunch though.

Is that Art Smith that was Oprah’s chef? He had a restaurant in Hyde Park.